Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ar-15

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I don't know...
    These mutts come in all ages and sizes: I'd rather look for a solution that will encompass more of them.
    You can join the Military at 18: should that age be raised to 21 also?
    Chronological age is a purely arbitrary measure of adulthood. Unfortunately it's the only one we've got. But, let's not bring that measure into the gun debate.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you want to maintain an audience for a civil discussion you can't hit below the belt and expect it to go well. (This was not directed at one person)

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OH.. I have a good idea... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ..... Why doesn't the U.S. outlaw.... murder.... rape... armed robbery... selling cocaine & heroin ??? you get the picture?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    If you want to maintain an audience for a civil discussion you can't hit below the belt and expect it to go well. (This was not directed at one person)
    Or, you can just ignore the insults and stay focused on the topic.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Chronological age is a purely arbitrary measure of adulthood. Unfortunately it's the only one we've got. But, let's not bring that measure into the gun debate.

I never brought that one up...
    Besides: I'm the most guilty person in here, of NEVER growing up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Recent news reports (which I tend to believe) say the armed deputy assigned to the school in Floriday never went inside to confront the shooter. What does that say about the proposals to arm teachers as a solution to the school shooter problem?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or, you can just ignore the insults and stay focused on the topic.
    Shouldn't have to, are you saying cheap shots are OK ??

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well we can at least say that the teachers would be in the schools! I am amazed that this deputy who had this cushy assignment for 9 years, and the ONE time he is needed, to do what he is there to do, he chickens out, and let's more and more people die! Hey, but he is alive to tell the story!
    Last edited by Pirate looks at --; 02-23-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Shouldn't have to, are you saying cheap shots are OK ??
    I'm saying that this, like other societal issues, will be solved by folks who can rise above cheap, politically-charged rhetoric.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So we agree cheap shots are not necessary, thanks. I shouldn't have a "target" on me due to an opinion.
    Last edited by Saluda; 02-23-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Recent news reports (which I tend to believe) say the armed deputy assigned to the school in Floriday never went inside to confront the shooter. What does that say about the proposals to arm teachers as a solution to the school shooter problem?
    See Below

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well we can at least say that the teachers would be in the schools! I am amazed that this deputy who had this cushy assignment for 9 years, and the ONE time he is needed, to do what he is there to do, he chickens out, and let's move and more people die! Hey, but he I saw alive to tell the story!
    I agree... This nit-wit allowed the situation to get far worse.
    He is no longer on the Police Force.
    Personally: I think that his inaction should allow him to be charge as a co-conspirator.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All of the talk about "Cheap shots" is just clogging the conversation... enough already!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All of the talk about "Cheap shots" is just clogging the conversation... enough already!
    We all have our priorities and I'll continue if necessary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope you realize that you're trying to start something with the guy whose the most on your side...
    It's not about us and our feelings: it's about a really serious issue that could cost us a whole bunch of our rights.

Spyder Garage

Whoaa Bob. Aren't you jumping to conclusions here? And, denigrating the poster's motives and opinions? Is that necessary? I'm disappointed in this post quite frankly; I hold you in high regard most of the time because even though I may not agree with you I still respect the way you diplomatically state your case. I hope you will reconsider your words.
    Wow Bob, I have to agree with Pete on all counts, I respect you and your opinions, even though I may disagree with them. I believe that when we meet we will become good friends, in fact I count you as a friend now! So let's all agree to disagree, and respect each other, and our diversity of opinions. That diversity, when channeled effectively, leads to positive discourse, and resolution of issues! As for the "hatred" laid down by Mac, that has no place anywhere except in the dark recesses of his "mind" and heart?...
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I may have been a bit cranky when I called that Troll, a troll...
    But I won't back down from saying that insults have gotten us no closer to solutions.
    THAT's what drives me in this matter!

And we ARE friends! I fervently believe that!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't know...
    These mutts come in all ages and sizes: I'd rather look for a solution that will encompass more of them.
    You can join the Military at 18: should that age be raised to 21 also?

This problem will absolutely not be solved easily. I have no doubt that it will require a multifaceted approach, that will piss off a whole lot of folks.
    Here's the start of my list of issues:
    1. Get rid of HIPPA regulations. Everybody's medical records seem to be sacrosanct. Nobody can tell anybody anything about you: even if you're suicidal, homicidal, or worse...
    2. Video games need to be brought under strict control. The youth of today have been inoculated against the true consequences of violence. They can shoot, tab, stomp, and blow up countless other folks every day on these things. Life has no value to them anymore.
    3. How about making two-parent households a bit more popular again? It takes two of them to juggle an adolescent into a semblance of maturity: one can't do it alone.
    4. Let's force the background checks to do their job. If somebody "falls through the cracks": let the idiot that dropped them pay for the horrors that are committed.
    5. There are well over 20,000 firearms laws on the books right now. How about actually enforcing them??
    6. Let's make incarceration not so much fun anymore?

Who else adds something to add to the list?
    I'd love to hear anything that might work!
    Number 5 & 6 i agree would make a big difference in all aspects of gun violence. i don't really agree with number 2
    since i grew up without slapping people in the face, poking them in the eye or hitting them in the head with a hammer.
    bob i did notice you are avoiding answer my statement about these 17 people might still be alive if the purchase
    age were 21.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Read the very tippity-top line of my response: it's about as clear as the nose on your face.

But it's good to see that we have some common ground!

Spyder Garage

Agree Bob, insults lead to "Hatred", hatred leads to Violence, and we are in the same vicious cycle! I think we all agree that there needs to be some level of change! I have to say, I don't know what that SHOULD be, but it will require compromise in some fashion. I don't believe that any guns should be banned. I think that it should be a little more difficult to get them, and that all of the law abiding gun owners on this site would have no problem owning all of the guns they want. I think our law enforcement agencies need to do a better job of managing "questionable" cases. This guy had 39 instances of interactions with police, and or social services as he was apparently a pretty sick dude. The next time the police come to my door will be the first! If as I read, this guys family and neighbors had warmed the police about this guy and his guns, and they did nothing, shame on them!

So so how do you effect change in such a heated emotional issue? Through peaceful conversation, and compromise! Yes Mac, I am a Hippie at heart, I hug a tree every chance I get as I love being out in nature. If that is wrong, and you hate me for it, that is really very fine with me!

So let's continue the peaceful conversation and benefit from the great ideas that come from it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also like hugging trees!

When I'm climbing them to get into my hunting blind!

What'd I say??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The larger issue, is that life has been devalued.
    We're all becoming disconnected from everybody else.
    The internet affords us all of the comfort of "invisibility", and we can be as horrible as we want to everybody else: nobody knows who we are anymore.

If we can start trying to get a handle on this: I think that the rest will be easy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

..And even Pete and I have forged a truce; and even a bit of friendship and respect along the way!

If WE can do it: anybody can!

Spyder Garage

Totally agree Bob! As for your climbing trees to go hunting! Go for it! I have nothing against hunting. If we didn't have grocery stores all of us would have to hunt to stay alive. Hunting today is managed and actually, I believe, supports healthy wildlife populations! It's not for me for reasons that you described before! I will sleep in, stay warm, and join yiu for dinner and whatever wine you recommend with Venison! Kumbya!

Spyder Garage

..And even Pete and I have forged a truce; and even a bit of friendship and respect along the way!

If WE can do it: anybody can!
    He knows this.....Pete is an acquired taste! Once you get to know him, he is a really great guy! A bit of a s#*t disturber, but again he stimulates conversation! I really got to know him, and really like him and what he stands for, at the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally. He is truly good people! ( are you blushing yet Pete ). So Bob, this September, pack up the toy hauler, and you and the Missus travel cross country and Join Pete and I at the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally! We will both buy you a beer! And dinner! Right Pete?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

September: That's the ONE Month that I barely have a spare five minutes in...
    The First weekend is our kid's birthday (The Missus takes this crap seriously!)
    The Second weekend is our hunting club picnic: it's the first year without my Dad being here for it...
    The Third weekend is a Youth Field Day here in Town: we expose the kids to a lot of hunting and fishing info.
    The Fourth weekend is an antique tractor and classic car show in Town: the Missus works at that one, and I like to look at the machinery!
    And the last one is my Birthday...

Help...