Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: ar-15

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    These things you mention are constitutional rights, so what is your point? Okay, maybe the "rpg" would fall into this category.
    all are illegal, why?

Spyder Garage

Ok reading all this is giving me a headache. 17 pages and nothing is going to get settled. So we all have an opinion on this and its not going to change. lets just agree to disagree and hope for the best. Happy Trails to all and to all a good ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MR. H1956 View Post
    Ok reading all this is giving me a headache. 17 pages and nothing is going to get settled. So we all have an opinion on this and its not going to change. lets just agree to disagree and hope for the best. Happy Trails to all and to all a good ride.

Well said.
    i'll be
    IMG_2817.JPG

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

No further comment here. I think the thread has run about 10 pages to long already. Nothing solved, nor will it be.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    No further comment here. I think the thread has run about 10 pages to long already. Nothing solved, nor will it be.
    I'm done. Lets just hope it gets warn soon. I'm already seeing some green in the grass out here in Missouri
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You just don't get it do you. Did you even look at the poll? FYI, it was a part of a much larger survey. But that's ok, someone has to be part of the minority. The kids are going to lead the way a solution. It's too bad the nra isn't the organization it once was, but that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You HAVE to be careful with polls...
    I can make ANY poll come out exactly as I wish... you just need to know how to get the proper folks to talk to.
    We did studies in College about this:
    Same exact question to crowds in an indoor New Jersey Mall...

...One Month apart!
    We simply picked different people to ask, and our results came out exactly opposite!
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I'm done. Lets just hope it gets warn soon. I'm already seeing some green in the grass out here in Missouri
    Here's to green grass.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You HAVE to be careful with polls...
    I can make ANY poll come out exactly as I wish... you just need to know how to get the proper folks to talk to. We did studies in College about this:
    Same exact question to crowds in an indoor New Jersey Mall......One Month apart! We simply picked different people to ask, and our results came out exactly opposite!
    Bob, you and the NRA are quite mistaken if you think these tired old arguments have any traction with the 60% of Americans who don't buy this ****. Never have. Never will.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Another "fake news" proponent bleats his disagreement. Conspiracies are everywhere!!! Grab yer tin hat!!!

In the media business credibility is everything. Once lost it is rarely achieved again. To what purpose would a national publication purposefully distort the finding of another pollster (who could immediately challenge the publication to support its own credibility)? The answer is, they don't or they would not be around long.

It has become commonplace for some people who disagree with polls to call "fake news" but we all know who the originator of that phrase is and he has a total lack of credibility.
    Well said. Nothing wrong with America that an engaged educated electorate can't fix. Just have to hope it happens sooner than later. The Parkland kids and their peers throughout the country will be the cavalry that arrives in the nick of time I think. They make me proud of my country again.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your ignorance about the NRA is actually starting to scare me now.
    You weren't at the 2010 Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
    I was...

Mr. LaPierre was instrumental in beating back an attempt by a more vocal and vitriolic group of members; who wanted the NRA to take a more hard-core stance, and resist any and ALL attempts at a negotiated solution.

Have you ever spoken with the man?
    I have...

"Responsible ownership of firearms" has always been his main goal. When these disasters happen: nobody wins.

And as far as the NRA NOT promoting Fun Safety. I taught the Eddie Eagle program at our local Elementary School for years: It's message to children:
    If you find a gun: "Stop! Don't Touch! Leave the area, and tell an Adult!"

https://eddieeagle.nra.org/

I take personal offense at your characterization: we worked hard for those kids. What have you EVER done for them?
    NRA dogma. Not worthy of a response.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It seems that no gun supporters want to explain their objection to raising the minimum age for buying all guns to 21 nationwide. It also appears that none want to answer the question I asked in post 157 regarding guns: Regarding the AR15 and similar type guns. Would this gun still have the appeal that it has in its present configuration if we were to redesign it to be more like a true hunting rifle. For example, a fixed magazine of five rounds. Elimination of a flash suppressor. 22 inch minimum barrel length. Wood stock instead of light weight plastic.

Another question. Why does the NRA resist the idea of the CDC tracking gun injuries?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...health/553430/

New rules, effective immediately:

All new sales of semi-auto guns will be banned.

Rifle barrels will be a minimum of 22 inches in length.

No gun will be allowed to be sold with a detachable magazine.

Maximum capacity of five round magazine.

No flash suppressors allowed.

Minimum 8 lbs. empty weight.

All guns will be required to be stored in safes meeting federal guidelines. Failure to comply will subject violators to fines and potential liabilities if the gun is used in a crime.

Bump stocks or any similar devices designed to convert a gun to mimic a full auto-fire gun are banned.

The study and tracking of gun violence in all forms will be allowed.

A buyback program will be offered on all semi-auto guns for a period of ten years. The sale or transfer of such guns other than through the buyback program will not be allowed. There will be an additional five year grace period beyond the ten year buyback period to turn in such weapons, after which, the possession of semi-auto guns will be considered a crime punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. If found in the possession of such weapons beyond the 15 year period, all rights to own a firearm of any type will be revoked and will require forfeiture of all firearms without compensation.

As far as the general trend being started by this latest school shooting incident goes, I think it could very well be something akin to the Me Too movement started against sexual harassers. This time I truly believe and sincerely hope that real change comes about as a result.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see the nra in their usual obstinate way is refusing back trump's idea to raise the minimum age and banish certain weapons such as bump stocks. So looks like what we have here the largest and most powerful sect in the country has no interest in finding answers for these problems.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I wouldn't have guessed these findings.Living in Illinois,I would thought we would be in the running with Chicago and East St Louis. Wonder why Wyoming?...Interesting.
    Remember, these numbers are per capita so total population does alter the outcome.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    Are you telling me he had a better chance being unarmed?
    I will, no longer, answer foolish questions.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The hard core right who want guns unfettered, and the hard core left who want to ban them all, are extremists. The louder one side shouts the other side responds in kind. Pay no mind to either, but be aware of their radicalism.

The rest of us with more common sense, I believe, would welcome some meaningful dialog and perhaps some combination of both approaches. I mean, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. There are workable solutions yet neither side wants to give an inch. That's where the stalemate is.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    NRA dogma. Not worthy of a response.
    BULL****

I taught the Safety Course: you moron!

When you dismiss our efforts to keep the kids safe, with such a dismissive comment: you insult all of the instructors that volunteer their time and efforts.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-26-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I haven't read thru all the posts, so this may have been answered. Is the thinking that those between the age of 18 and 21 don't show enough maturity for responsible gun ownership? If that's the case, why are they in the military?
    perhaps the military will teach you responsibility.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BULL****

I taught the Safety Course: you moron!

When you dismiss our efforts to keep the kids safe, with such a dismissive comment: you insult all of the instructors that volunteer their time and efforts.
    Ooooh it looks like bobby is getting testy. Now bobby you know the saying, ' sticks & stones and AR15s may break my bones but words...."
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I DO take personal offense to his comments. We would spend an entire day at the School teaching each of the Classes. It also took us about a week to put the materials together, and review our notes...
    MPTHING we ever said to the kids was about them owning guns: we specifically avoided any and all conversations of that nature.

Answer me this: What have you EVER done to teach kids about being safer?

My guess: NOTHING!!!

Prove me wrong: I'd love to hear about your time and efforts volunteered to your community...

...But I think that it'll be a very short conversation!

I'll "Double-Down" on this statement:
    NONE of the anti-gun crowd in here have ever done anything within their communities to promote safety!
    SPEAK UP! I'd LOVE to be proven wrong...

For the Record:
    I instructed in the Eddie Eagle Gunsafe program
    I am a certified NYS snowmobile safety course instructor for youthful operators
    I am a certified NYS Sportsman Education instructor for both firearms, and Bowhunting

PUT UP: or SHUT UP!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 02-26-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I would like to know why these outraged kids are not telling their parents to give up their guns before going to the
    president to have EVERYONE give up theirs?
    Those millennials think everyone else should listen to them even their parents & relatives won't.
    Change yourself, then those around you before you preach to strangers.