Thread: Brake Failure

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake Failure

So today the girlfriend and I decided to take a nice ride weather was overcast but not to hot and not cold so figured it would be a good day to ride. Well about 75 miles into the ride a message scrolls across saying "Brake Failure". Well brakes were working fine so i checked the brake fluid it was fine so I had the Girlfriend check the brake lights for me and sure enough one of them was out.

It never put me in Limp Home but continued to scroll across untill i got the spyder home. Guess ill be removing the tail lights tomorrow and calling NMN first thing Tuesday morning to convert them!!!

Evan i think you are responsible for this since I wanted to get your new tail light mod but didn't want to be without my spyder. Now i have a reason to be without while getting yet another great mod!!!! LOL i'll be calling Tuesday morning!!!!
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

I would check the brake fluid one more time. I had a similar issue and even though the brake fluid level was what I would consider to be full (just a touch below the full line), the brake failure message went away after I topped off the brake fluid. Also, dltang has one of her running / brake lights burned out now and she isn't getting a brake failure message.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post
    So today the girlfriend and I decided to take a nice ride weather was overcast but not to hot and not cold so figured it would be a good day to ride. Well about 75 miles into the ride a message scrolls across saying "Brake Failure". Well brakes were working fine so i checked the brake fluid it was fine so I had the Girlfriend check the brake lights for me and sure enough one of them was out.

It never put me in Limp Home but continued to scroll across untill i got the spyder home. Guess ill be removing the tail lights tomorrow and calling NMN first thing Tuesday morning to convert them!!!

Evan i think you are responsible for this since I wanted to get your new tail light mod but didn't want to be without my spyder. Now i have a reason to be without while getting yet another great mod!!!! LOL i'll be calling Tuesday morning!!!!

I just yesterday morning on my way home from work got the same message on the panel.
    Got home right rear brake light was out, checked the fluid it was good.
    Went auto zone with the burnt bulb picked up a new one (Sylvania 7528, was the cross reference #) put it in & no more code.

SPYMAN
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

Spyder Garage

My right rear was out for a while and never through a code. I'm not sure why some Spyders do and some don't but going with LED's on the rear is a plus even if you don't throw a code.