Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So your bike had been updated? I'm still waiting for my dealer to figure out how. I'm also still waiting for a few other accessories to be installed and they figure to install them when they can do the update. I've old them I want the extras installed now and got told their tech is injured and I'll have to wait another few weeks. Hope they can do the software update also. Or maybe it will be the newer update?

Is there a way to tell the version? Do we get a list of what is being updated? Any news of FOBO & Rever? Or SiriusXM?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Ironically, Can Am displays on previous years could not keep accurate time with the digital clock, what are the odds a full digital display will work correctly?

Sorry, I had to, like fishing in a fish bowl...
    wow, really, sometimes people just have to be the negative Nancy. Try being positive, you will feel better. Focus on all the moving parts that do work normally, as opposed to a tiny issue that annoys you.

My wife just bought a new 2017 Buick with a built in navigation system. When we picked it up we decided to go to Outback. Just for giggles I punched that into the new navigation system and there it was. It was directing us to where the Outback was five years ago, really?

I read the manual about updates, it stated that I should contact GM Navigation by phone or on the web. I checked the web, they want to sell me an update. I called them, they want me to buy an update for over $160. The update would come to me on a USB Stick. I said that it is a new car, I should not have to buy. They said talk to the dealer. The dealer knows nothing about it.

Technology is a wonderful thing when it works and a burden when it doesn't. In the end we usually get things worked out.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering if any more info about the never changing 70 INST and 70 AVG dash setting has been figured out?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VitoNam View Post
    I'm wondering if any more info about the never changing 70 INST and 70 AVG dash setting has been figured out?
    I'm thinking that got cleared up with the 20.8 firmware upgrade. That's how I got my dealer to move on it, they gave me the same old song and dance about "No recalls for this VIN". I explained to them that the gas to empty and mileage averages were frozen, and we needed to make a warranty claim. They pretty quickly determined the 20.8 upgrade was easier, so it was done.

Since the upgrade all my instantaneous and total averages have started working across all three trip meters, and I gained a miles to empty in the center of the left gauge cluster. Check your firmware revision.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for that info! I'll check with my dealer about the upgrade.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone had a problem w the 20.8 update? Someone told me his dealer said the update is knocking out the dash (50% of those who upgraded) causing them to replace entire dash. That’s why I haven’t upgraded yet. But he’s the only person I’ve heard of who’s had that problem. Anyone else?

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Tongue in cheek, but I strongly suspect installer error. Kind of like when you do a firmware update "push" on your smart phone, the very stern warning to have a full battery and not interrupt the download.

Well, that caution comes from experience from the phone manufacturers. Firmware done incorrectly or botched can "brick" the head unit, just like it can brick a phone. Sometimes they are unrecoverable. With all the ineptitude I read about, how little the folks doing the upgrades actually know (read that as trained, which BRP seems to lag on) and you could see the connection. I've only read one tale of a ruined dash, and they didn't say what happened, just that they hooked it up and now it needs replacing. The 50% number is probably the dealer trying to get people wanting upgrades to go away.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Tongue in cheek, but I strongly suspect installer error. Kind of like when you do a firmware update "push" on your smart phone, the very stern warning to have a full battery and not interrupt the download.

Well, that caution comes from experience from the phone manufacturers. Firmware done incorrectly or botched can "brick" the head unit, just like it can brick a phone. Sometimes they are unrecoverable. With all the ineptitude I read about, how little the folks doing the upgrades actually know (read that as trained, which BRP seems to lag on) and you could see the connection. I've only read one tale of a ruined dash, and they didn't say what happened, just that they hooked it up and now it needs replacing. The 50% number is probably the dealer trying to get people wanting upgrades to go away.
    ^^^ This. Precisely this.

Fake news, reckon - if that catastrophic failure rate was anywhere near factual, this update would never have seen the light of day. And a simple Googly-thang search would have yielded abundant relevant hits.

Go gitchie fayncy update and worry about sumptin' else - like ye belt tension

Cheers
    E