Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Up date on oil catch can 08 GS

Finally got the catch can installed and operational. The hose no longer returns to the air box. So once the hose leaves the catch can it is vented to the air. Took a 100 ride to try it out. I really noticed the bike running better than it ever has. Got to thinking the computer is always adjusting fuel based on air temp. Removing the hot air that was coming from the engine could help settle down the computer. I know the engine crank case vent air temp changes all the time with air cooling the oil cooler and also when the fan kicks in to cool the engine down. In all well pleased with the catch can. It was a little bigger than I had though it would be. Being I don't carry a lot of stuff in the trunk I mounted it there. Easy to monitor the sight glass on the amount it catches and also easy to drain it when needed. I feel better knowing the the burnt off condensation from inside the engine is going into the catch can and not the throttle body and also the chance of once you stop the engine of it draining back into the engine.
    David
    Last edited by Warlock; 02-16-2018 at 05:05 PM.