In another post, I had mentioned a slight coolant leak in my new ryde, 2016 ST-S.
I was only able (willing?) to take off the mid-panel, and though I think I resolved by tightening one worm clamp, I decided to take it back to the dealer and let them look at the rest of things.
It was 60 in NJ yesterday, so I hit the road after work, 5:30ish, knowing I'd have a 30-40 minute ride at dusk...with the wife following in the cage.
Keeping in mind I've only had the bike for a month, only ridden it twice, and I can't remember the last time I rode at night, I was pretty darn nervous/anxious but...ya gotta do what ya gotta, so...
By the time I arrived at the dealer, it was full-on dark, and I was pretty beat...just the post-adrenaline of the evening, the concentration and new-ness of it all.

I am hugely impressed with the power at throttle roll-on and throughout the range! Trying to be conscious of letting the rpm's run up to 4500+ before upshifting, and even up around 6k.
Question...when slowing down, do folks manually downshift to avoid "lugging" on the way back up, or just let the SE do its thing?

I am very happy I had the foglights added...they filled in the road quite nicely.

Fumbled a bit finding the turn signal switch in the dark, but that will come with time and practice and just getting used to things.

The mirrors are a bit of a downer...I'm short, seems my fingertips and elbows are kind of "right there"...and they don't adjust any further down/out...I'm thinking the Wide-Vu's will help.

Left thumb was a bit cramp-y holding it on the +shifter...I had noticed this on my earlier rides...hmm...on my cruiser, the issue was in the right thumb around the throttle grip.

All in all, a very good ride...and I was darned pleased with the experience.