Spyder Garage

Default Plastic dash and fog light pieces are ash colored

... from sitting in the sun. Just like the plastic on cars. I have in the past used a heat gun and made circular motions until the plastic melted again and turned a nice black. But the uniformity over the fender wasn't too great - but it was permanent!! Or I was too lenient on the heat! I see a couple off the shelf "make-it-black-again" products. How about paint? Anyone tried prepping with a strong solvent that "digs into" the plastic a bit then paint?

Gonna be pulling these parts this weekend. THought I'd ask the vast pool of knowledge that hangs around here!!

2008 GS silver/black Valentines Day gift for the missus. She wanted her own bike!

Thanks!
    Steve

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash kit to cover faded surface

No sure what machine you have but we offer our beautiful automotive grade domed dash kits for all models of Spyders.
    Maybe one of our kits would solve your problem?
    ST Red-Black CF dash.jpgST CF dash kit 22.jpgLava RT - honey dash.jpg
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

@Pete: 2008 GS. Still would be parts of dash exposed, doesn't cover the driving light fixtures. However - I'm on my second spyder with your dash kit! Current is 2016 RTS Red with your carbon fiber dash kit - looks awesome! Got the same for my White 2013 ST-LTD. Wife is looking at your blue dragon wrap kit at the moment for her black/silver GS

@Joel: That's what I was looking for! Something to last a while.

Thanks!
    Steve