Spyder Garage

Default Cougar Skull bottom

It appears that the cougar skull (the pod containing the lights, gauge cluster, windshield mounts, mirror mounts etc.) is made of a top piece and bottom piece. Has anybody removed just the bottom piece for better access to the inside of the pod from below instead of through the gauge cluster hole ? If you have what is the best way to remove it ?

Thanks.
    HAPPY 2008 SE5 OWNER 1" BRP Riser, NMN 3" risers, NMN Triple Play & Tail Light, Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP 23" Touring Windshield on CHAD Bracket, Ride-On in tires, J&M Integrator, Gerbings Dual Zone Temp Controller & Heated Gloves, 2 Dash Mounted 12V outlets, Kewlmetal Highway Brackets & Kuryakyn pegs, Trunk Spring Mod, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Kuyrakyn L.E.D. Battery Guage

Spyder Garage

Cant answer your question although i did look at that option when i did my HIDs upgrade. Had a heck of the time getting lower front bolts out and an even tougher time reinstalling the bolts after rerouting cables from the fog lights. Looked like more work until i took the whole head off. Hope i dont have to do that again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rleathen View Post
    It appears that the cougar skull (the pod containing the lights, gauge cluster, windshield mounts, mirror mounts etc.) is made of a top piece and bottom piece. Has anybody removed just the bottom piece for better access to the inside of the pod from below instead of through the gauge cluster hole ? If you have what is the best way to remove it ?

Thanks.
    There is no way to remove just the bottom. I had mine all apart two days ago to help get the necessary cable slack for my NMN risers. It wasn't hard to take apart but I forget exactly all the steps. (Dang this old age ) I took the cluster out of the top half, removed the mirrors and removed the top half of the pod. Then I think there were about 6 of those plastic locking pins that held the lower half in place. I don't recall any other bolts, clips or fasteners securing the lower pod. Once you open it up and start working on taking the lower pod off, its easy to see all that has to happen to remove it.

Spyder Garage

Remove Console Assembly

This is pretty easy deal here. Just insert a small flat screwdriver in the top of the dash and while you apply a little pressure just pull out on the top corner. Do this on both sides and the whole thing just pops out.

Now unplug the harness from the cluster.

Unplug both turn signals.

Unplug the main headlight connector and move out of the way so you can take out the two bolts that hold down the center console.

Remove the two bolts at the rear of the console and slide the console forward making sure the nuts don't fall out and into the black hole.

Now you can set your console down on something soft and remove the stock wiring harness.