Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Will they fit

  1. #1
    Very Active Member easysuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wood Village OR
    Posts
    871
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Will they fit

    This question if for the people that have ACTUALLY tried to fit 2 RT's into a 7' X 16' ENCLOSED trailer. I am thinking that I may need to go to a 18' but don't really want to.
    I'm thinking that if I get a V nose 16' and pull the first bike in and move the back over I can back the next bike in and move the rear over to the other side. Just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this, If you haven't tried it please refrain from adding your "helpful comments" I'm looking for HARD experience. We normally ride where we want to go but I'm retiring at the end of the year and want to use the trailer as a "garage" most of the time. We will be snow-birding the winter in Texas and I pull a 42' fifth-wheel and she is planing on pulling the bikes.

  2. #2
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,655
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    We had to go to an 18' for both the RT and F3. With the bull nose it comes out to 19' 6". There is a little room. You might go shorter, but you would have to stagger them, which would make it harder to load and unload.

  3. #3
    Hall Monitor Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    91,744
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Get the bigger trailer: it'll give you more fighting room, while you're tying things down!
    Help is on the way. Until then...

  4. #4
    Very Active Member Mazo EMS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    southern WI
    Posts
    1,441
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I would just park them as closely together as you can in the driveway, as you would in the trailer...then break out the tape measure and see for yourself. I would think that if you drove the first one in, and then backed the 2nd one in, with the rear tires pulled to opposite sides, it might just fit. But try the driveway trick first. Keep in mind you'll want some space for ratchet strapping things down

  5. #5
    Hall Monitor Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    91,744
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Now an 8'x16' trailer is another story... the extra width allows you to get them tighter together from a front to rear perspective.
    Help is on the way. Until then...

  6. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    85
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    back to back, with side bags off. Pull the ass end of one to one side, back the other in and pull the ass end to the other side

  7. #7
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,578
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mavrik View Post
    back to back, with side bags off. Pull the ass end of one to one side, back the other in and pull the ass end to the other side
    Mavrick, Your RT has removable side bags? Can I see a picture of that please?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited, Pearl White
    Farkles too numerous to list
    See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    85
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hahahah...sorry I measure my ST without bags....and rt would need the extra width or length....sorry

  9. #9
    Hall Monitor Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    91,744
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Mavrick, Your RT has removable side bags? Can I see a picture of that please?
    They can be removed...

    But the process is messy, and the results are even worse!
    Help is on the way. Until then...

  10. #10
    Very Active Member easysuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wood Village OR
    Posts
    871
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I would just park them as closely together as you can in the driveway, as you would in the trailer...then break out the tape measure and see for yourself. I would think that if you drove the first one in, and then backed the 2nd one in, with the rear tires pulled to opposite sides, it might just fit. But try the driveway trick first. Keep in mind you'll want some space for ratchet strapping things down
    Thanks MAZO, like I said I wanted answers from folks that have HARD experience I can get all the helpful hints I want by asking the correct question, I have layed plywood down with the correct dimensions and they will fit BUT I do NOT have the correct dimensions of the wheel wells, The reason I don't really want a wide 8' trailer is because my little Bride will be pulling it, not me, and I will need to add longer mirror extensions that I don't want to. This is something that we have thought long and hard about not just trolling for inexperienced reply's. I've had many years experience pulling and loading trailers, just haven't loaded two RTs in a cargo trailer and as my OP said was looking for someone out there who had. Again thanks for you helpful hint.
    trailer line up.jpg

  11. #11
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,655
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Thanks MAZO, like I said I wanted answers from folks that have HARD experience I can get all the helpful hints I want by asking the correct question, I have layed plywood down with the correct dimensions and they will fit BUT I do NOT have the correct dimensions of the wheel wells, The reason I don't really want a wide 8' trailer is because my little Bride will be pulling it, not me, and I will need to add longer mirror extensions that I don't want to. This is something that we have thought long and hard about not just trolling for inexperienced reply's. I've had many years experience pulling and loading trailers, just haven't loaded two RTs in a cargo trailer and as my OP said was looking for someone out there who had. Again thanks for you helpful hint.
    trailer line up.jpg
    Another factor you might want to consider is backing up the trailer ramp in rainy (etc) weather. We painted our entire floor and ramp of the trailer with a good quality paint with a product called Shark Grip from Sherwin Williams paints. Keeps from slipping, but I still would not like to back either byke up in some of the situations we have found ourselves. Another thing I like is having a mobile garage to secure the bykes at events. We always have a parking space, since they can be easily rode in even in the dark, it was a no brainer to get one a little longer so we could have the bykes secure and quickly stored.
    We also use two sets of baby monitors. One sending unit and a power invertor in the trailer, the receiving unit and next sending unit in our truck with an invertor, and the receiver for the second unit in our hotel room. Not only does this secure both the truck and trailer but it doubles the distance for the signal. I set the volume so that if an attempted break in occurs it will wake me up immediately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •