Spyder Garage

Default Options for covering a F3 LTD

I was looking around the venders sites and found that their are not much out there for covering my F3 LTD . Most of the covers I see will not work because of the top case. Im I missing something? I do see one that BRP makes for trailoring but I looks like something that would be hard to put on. Any other options?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am looking for something I can cover it with in hotel parking lots like at Spyderfest.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default In one word "Walmart"

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I am looking for something I can cover it with in hotel parking lots like at Spyderfest.
    Walmart has universal motorcycle covers that work great on my RT. If you have antennas, take a pair of scissors and cut small holes for them. I did this the night I bought the RT and it has worked great. Get the extra large size. It even includes a storage bag. I think it was around $59.95. If you have a Walmart close, it would be worthwhile to take a look.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited Cover

I got this from Lamonster Garage. Good fit and very portable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hdmike58 View Post
    I got this from Lamonster Garage. Good fit and very portable.
    That will not work on a limited, That looks like a F3T It needs to cover the top case.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I guess I could just get this RT cover. Anyone have one for their Limited? Hows the fit? http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ultra...-spyder-cover/
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Ultragaurd

I recieved one for Xmas.

UltraGard Half Cover For Can-Am Spyder F3T and Limited

with trunk. https://youtu.be/HanwKUqsxHg

I think this fits the bill.

Gary

All I want to do is ride!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I had two friends that bought their F3’s and thought that their RT covers wouldn’t work so they gave them to me. I now have an F3T with an added top box of the same size as yours and both the Nelson-Riggs half cover and the Spyder Sisters sun shade work great on it. I have a BRP full cover from my 2010 RT and it doesn’t fit the F3 very well. Probably because it is a more fitted design than the other covers.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I guess I could just get this RT cover. Anyone have one for their Limited? Hows the fit? http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ultra...-spyder-cover/
    I have this on my F3, but your information, it is very slippery on the inside, and blows of very easily in a good wind unless secured with bungees.
    Last edited by jneg2; 02-09-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

I ended up ordering a BRP F3 LTD Trailoring cover. It seems to be the only good option. It was more than I wanted to spend but all the alternatives were a poor fit for the Limited. Thanks for your replies!
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I ended up ordering a BRP F3 LTD Trailoring cover. It seems to be the only good option. It was more than I wanted to spend but all the alternatives were a poor fit for the Limited. Thanks for your replies!
    Probably just as well you went with the BRP trailoring cover. This same discussion was covered recently in two other threads. Finding a decent fitting, light weight full cover for an F3L or F3T with top case is very difficult. The covers for the RTL will almost fit, in fact you can get an UltraGard RTL cover on an F3L, but the fit leaves something to be desired (see photo below). There are several issues when it comes to choosing a cover: 1)- have you changed the windshield, or are you using stock? which one - short or tall? 2)- do you want full cover, or will a half-cover do? UltraGard does have a half-cover for the F3L out now.

The BRP trailering cover works fine, UNLESS you have gone to a bigger windshield like an F4. It can be adjusted for either of BRP's 'short' or 'tall boy' stock windshields, but the expansion pocket isn't wide enough to fit over an F4 shield, or likely any others of similar wide shape (CalSci?). The BRP cover is lined, but also bulky. It's a bit of an effort getting it on (stretching the elastic waist at the bottom), but does a great job of protecting your Spyder. Uses up lots of room if you're thinking of taking it travelling with you; really meant for use while hauling on a trailer. (Shown in last photo below).

I bought an UltraGard RTL travel cover hoping it might fit my F3L. Tried it on, but haven't used it because of poor fit; love the material and the weight, as well as small package. If the maker will create the same thing for an F3L, I'll be a buyer for sure. If anyone with an RTL needs a great new red/black cover, I'll make you a deal at a discount price. That is, if I don't take some scissors and the wife's sewing machine and customize it for myself, first!!!
    Last edited by bushrat; 02-09-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bushrat, I feel like I made the right decision even though that cover may take up a whole side bag. I ride solo so I can also strap it on the back seat. Yes I have a tall boy shield and a drivers backrest. Those are the only things I had to think about. The BRP site specifically said it would accommodate a drivers backrest.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default That is a limited.

That will not work on a limited, That looks like a F3T It needs to cover the top case.
    2016 F3 Limited with top case and 23" F4 Custom Windshield. The cover fits. BTW, an RT cover will work but it doesn't fit well at all. I used one all this last season.

Spyder Garage

The ultraguard half covers for Honda Goldwing are a perfect fit. They also come in several colors. You will need to put in a grommet for the antenna if you have one sticking up. Yes it works with the 26" F4 windshield so it should work with any of them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

\
    the Lamonster RT cover looks identical to mine I got from another vendor and I believe the same price. works great. go for it.
    BIG F