Spyder Garage

Default Tri-axi handlebars

How do I adjust them? I loosened them up and moved them front and back. I was also told that they went up and down. How do I know where to put them

Spyder Garage

Put them where they are most comfortable for you. Make your changes in small increments and it may take a number of tries to get them where you want. Carry the wrench with you and make changes when your body tells you to do so. Be certain to tighten them after every change.
    Last edited by JayBros; 02-06-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

There are no pre-sets on those bars. Much like tire pressure gotta keep trying till you find the sweet spot. Everyone is different so you can't go on others adjustments....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

How do you make them go up and down in height? Is there another screw besides the 2 on the top?

Spyder Garage

There is a Allen bolt under the rubber plug nearest you while sitting on the bike. Turn bolt counter clockwise to go down. Clockwise to go up.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And it turns kinda hard.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are also jam nuts under the adjuster bolt. May have to loosen and readjust to your liking.

Spyder Garage

Default bar

Hard to turn allen bolt is an understatement . Anyone have a suggestion on how best to loosen it up so am able to raise and lower.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    Hard to turn allen bolt is an understatement . Anyone have a suggestion on how best to loosen it up so am able to raise and lower.
    Mine turns rather hard also. I find it easier to use a ratchet with am a hex head socket.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Read Post 7. There are jam nuts that CAN be loosened If you like to make the adjustment easier

Spyder Garage

Default Jam nuts

First off the allen head bolt under the rubber cap is hard to turn. As suggested use a ratchet with an allen bit to rotate it. As for the suggestion of messing with the two jam nuts I wouldn't mess with them. They were set that way for two reasons:

1. They removed any up and down sloop/play of the handle bar by sandwiching the frame of the handlebar between the underside of the head of the allen bolt and the top of the first nut under the handlebar frame.

2. They are also adjusted to provide rotational resistance of the bolt so it don't loosen over time.

Also if you are raising the height of the handlebar Do Not raise it to the extent that the end of the bolt goes inside the brass rod that it is threaded into. You want 100% thread capture of the brass rod.