Thread: RTS drive belt

Spyder Garage

Default RTS drive belt

ok so I have a 2015 RT S which needed a new belt drive due to a rock that found its way into the rear sprocket and punched a hole in the belt. No issue right...well after the dealership received too small of a belt and then the return only to receive an empty box from BRP the right belt did arrive. Well here's the surprise, it seems that the 2015 RT had two releases that year and mine was the later. Has anyone heard of this or is it just the dealer pulling my leg?

Spyder Garage

All Spyder RT 2014 to current use the same belt part number. Some of the newer F3 Limiteds with the smaller rear pulley use the same belt.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The drive belt hasn't changed on the RT since 2014 with the introduction of the 1330 motor.
    2014 - 2018 part # 705501304
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your dealer is pulling your leg - or he just doesn't know how to read. For whatever reason, the OEM parts listings include the RS and ST belt part number in the parts list for the RT, and vice versa. Item 38 on Drive System - Rear. But it's clear which is which. 2015 appears to be the only model year parts listings that do that. Just a database issue. Check out Cheap Cycle Parts and see for yourself.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BELT SIZE

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    All Spyder RT 2014 to current use the same belt part number. Some of the newer F3 Limiteds with the smaller rear pulley use the same belt.
    .... however I think there may be another possibility ..... Spyders that are shipped to certain other countries have a different rear Sproket ( larger ) so it has a larger belt ...and it's possible that one of those got sent by mis-take .......jmho ... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-01-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see...

Pior to the 2014 all us spyders had the same belt. In comes the 1330 with a longer belt on the RT then the came the F3. What never happened to my knowledge it any belt change with in the same years production. There are the european and south american models with some differences..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Drive Belt

Yep, That's the one! Dealer Just Maybe made a mistake it happens. PS: Check their work after they Finish. See Belt Tips on U Tube.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue