Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3 Throttle

Hello all - my wife rides a 2015 F3-S with the SE-6. She's complained a couple of times about the throttle sticking, but she never got really animated about it so I didn't worry about it either. Well, Sunday we were out with our friends and 1. the throttle stuck 2. she caught a road hazard in a corner 3. slid sideways (freaked me out you could not have convinced me a spyder would do that) and then 4. hit the shoulder and came off the bike. Scare the daylights out of me I don't mind saying (I was right behind her).

All that being said, she's got away with minor bumps and scrapes (wear your helmet kids), but she doesn't trust the bike any more. I've seen some threads on this topic but I was wondering if anyone has any recent updates. Is there a recall? Was there a service bulletin? We don't recall seeing one.

Any thoughts/input/recommendations would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default THROTTLE STICKING

I was talking with my dealer yesterday and she mentioned that there is a service bulletin out about the throttle on some of the F3’s. Get it to your dealer as soon as you can.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I was talking with my dealer yesterday and she mentioned that there is a service bulletin out about the throttle on some of the F3’s. Get it to your dealer as soon as you can.
    Thank you very much I'll get it in there ASAP.

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

Glad she is OK and only minor injuries. There were some problems what I don't remember is if was the throttle on the bar or the actuator on the throttle body. Most issues come when the throttle on the bar is changed heaters are added or those locking cruise control are added. But do get it to the dealer to see what it is and have them fix it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a used 2015 F3, and one of the things that was serviced on it was for a sticky throttle. I do not remember if that was done as a service bulletin or not.

I did get the impression that it is something the dealers are aware of.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

There is a service bulletin for the sticky throttle. At least for the Reno NV shop. I took my bike and my wife’s bike in for an unrelated service (front sprocket) and the service manager informed me that there was a bulletin AND they had already ordered the part(s) (I think a different spring). I was told that this was an easy fix with minimal labor time.
    Definitely check with your dealer and get the throttle fixed.