Spyder Garage

Default Sensor at bottom of motor - what sensor is it

Hey everyone need some help please. I was going thru the machine before spring gets here and I took the bike for a little blast, since then I have had a coolant leak, nothing huge but enough were the underpan is wet and a 2-3 inch spot on the floor. I took the underpans off and located where it was coming from and cleaned off the bottom of the motor. It is seeping out a sensor that is on the bottom of the motor, on the right side(if your sitting on the bike) of the frame member that goes down the center of the machine on the bottom. It is a threaded sensor with a spade terminal. It is a single space terminal. Can anyone tell me what this is? help would be great...sorry I have no pictures but it is the only sensor down there. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Year of your Spyder? Still under warranty? If so get it to the dealer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Sorry 2013 st limited....warrantee just ran out.....

Spyder Garage

Default Is this it.

Oil pressure sensor..JPG

If this is what you are asking about. It will not be leaking coolant. The leak will be higher up. Likely coming from the water pump leak detection weep hole.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure it is the oil pressure switch. I have all the panels off mine at the moment so went & looked.

The coolant must be leaking from higher up the engine & either be running down to there or being blown there.

Carefully examine the water pump hose clamps, sometimes there is an adjustable one but most of them are not.

Billy beat me to it!
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

THANKS MUCH GUYS!!!! I will go home and check it out!! For some reason I didn't think this sensor was that close to the radiator. I was right behind where the purge valve drain tube comes down. Also I sprayed and cleaned everything with brake fluid and as I was watching it green coolant started coming out where the spayed post is potted into the sensor....

weird....
    Last edited by mavrik; 01-30-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Leaks.....😬

The thing with the coolant leak is as it runs down the engine or other parts it is not that visable until it accumulates at some point. In your case at the oil sensor. Check above hoses, radiator cap and expansion tank. I used to use Arid extra dry which dries as a white power and then you can see clearly where the leack runs. Hate leaks... they are never where the drops are coming from...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'm on it guys...thank much for everyone who took the time...I will give you and update when I get home.

thanks again!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant leaking

Well, Any News About the Coolant Leak/Location?
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default found it

Yes, I found the leak. You guys were right, there sensor is an oil sensor and it was not leaking coolant. The coolant was creeping down the side of the motor and showing up on the sensor. It was coming from the top hose, which is the only hose that had a worm style clamp on it...somehow it loosened over time and just started leaking...wasn't much but enough, especially when I saw wet. This hose is behind the right (sitting on bike) side panel, right behind the electric brake actuator.

So thank you all for your help, much appreciated! Crisis averted, and while I had bike apart I added some new fox shocks, swaybar and did the canisterectomy.