Spyder Garage

Default LED headlamp issue

In October 17, I installed TricLED headlamps in my 15 RTL, what a difference they made. Well, 6 days ago, the left one was out . Contacted TriLED and the they warranteed the unit . Also commented that 80% of the issues or complaints have to do with the left headlight. Just wondering for those that have had the same experience, if anyone figured out the root of that issue. All in all they are a great company standing behind their products 100% even if the error is on the installer...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cleg View Post
    In October 17, I installed TricLED headlamps in my 15 RTL, what a difference they made. Well, 6 days ago, the left one was out . Contacted TriLED and the they warranteed the unit . Also commented that 80% of the issues or complaints have to do with the left headlight. Just wondering for those that have had the same experience, if anyone figured out the root of that issue. All in all they are a great company standing behind their products 100% even if the error is on the installer...
    This has been noted before. I've had that problem with my 2014RT and my wife's (even though hers had another brand of LED headlights). This seems to be an anomaly Can-Am should be looking into. I don't know if it's excessive heat build-up on that side or what. Unfortunately, TricLED has to pay the price of this fault. Fortunately for us, they have been 100% responsive when it happens.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default LED headlight issues

Don't have an RT but my 2014 ES also dropped the left head light
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The cause has been found:

Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default BRP HELP

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    This has been noted before. I've had that problem with my 2014RT and my wife's (even though hers had another brand of LED headlights). This seems to be an anomaly Can-Am should be looking into. I don't know if it's excessive heat build-up on that side or what. Unfortunately, TricLED has to pay the price of this fault. Fortunately for us, they have been 100% responsive when it happens.

Well BRP tech support, can you shed any light on this issue? Is it because of heat or is there an excess electrical draw on the left light unit? Thanks

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue, left one burned out, Cindy at tricled replaced no issues. BUT, I also would love to know why

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Re led lights

We're they the new 360 degree bulbs

Spyder Garage

Default I just (last weekend) changed mine over to led

I hope to not need to tear that thing apart again to have to replace a headlight or fog light (especially a fog light on the left side)...! I bought the 360 degree headlights from Tricked because I was so impressed with the quality of their design.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 360* LEDs

I put these in after the LEFT led failed after a 2500 mile trip earlier this year. Cindy at Tricled up graded the replacement for a few $ and I'm happy. The 360 led are GREAT.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Led

Yes same here 2015 RT my left one just went out, had them for several months.
    My installer said LED is changing everyday, they still,have not perfected the bulb etc.
    My guys cost is ten dollars a bulb not 100s. He said they are all the same, he installed the 9005 this time, we switch them both out.

Spyder Garage

Default led head lights from tricled

I ALSO INSTALLED TRIC LED HEADLIGHTS LAST SEPTEMBER NOW I HAVE NO HEAD LIGHTS OR FOG LIGHTS AND RADIO DOES NOT WORK 2016 RTSS MODAGWOOD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    Yes same here 2015 RT my left one just went out, had them for several months.
    My installer said LED is changing everyday, they still,have not perfected the bulb etc.
    My guys cost is ten dollars a bulb not 100s. He said they are all the same, he installed the 9005 this time, we switch them both out.

They are not all the same. The many dead units have to do with voltage regulation or rather the lack of it in the cheap LED units.

We have installed MANY sets of Lamonster Garage LED headlamps and have not had ONE failure yet. I know there have been a few, but not the ones that have come through our shop. Very few failures due to the correct voltage regulation. Quality product does not need to be replaced every few months. Mine are at 26,000 miles and around 3 years. Louise has near that on hers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    They are not all the same. The many dead units have to do with voltage regulation or rather the lack of it in the cheap LED units.

We have installed MANY sets of Lamonster Garage LED headlamps and have not had ONE failure yet. I know there have been a few, but not the ones that have come through our shop. Very few failures due to the correct voltage regulation. Quality product does not need to be replaced every few months. Mine are at 26,000 miles and around 3 years. Louise has near that on hers.

JC I totally agree with you about quality and if the failures were more randomly spaced between left and right I wouldn't question it. My 2014 RTs also lost the left headlight as did another member of our Chapter. I was using an LED he was not. I would wonder if the shutter played some part with the failures increased by the vibration but I bet few toggle between high and low and you probably get more vibration from the bike itself. That and the LED wouldn't be as prone to that type of failure as a filament style bulb would be. As for excessive heat, I could see that having an effect on the LED headlights but not so much on the filaments. Voltage? You would think you would see a more noticeable flutter and I would expect a larger spike would be necessary to take out a filament. If I still had access to an oscilloscope I would play a bit but more out of curiosity. Since I don't I guess I will just change the occasional lamp and enjoy the ride in the mean time.

CJ JAX