Spyder Garage

Default Limp Mode - Coincidence?

So...I brought my 2017 F3T to have it laser aligned and I added led lights on the front cross bars.
    The work was performed by a spyderlovers vendor with a lot of experience. 3 hours later I pay and ryde away.
    About 1 mile into the ryde the limp home mode comes on. I went back and he had no idea why.
    I'm not blaming him but now I guess it has to be towed to the dealer.
    Any ideas out there?
    Last edited by Jeffmal; 01-28-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Keep us informed. I cannot help with a good answer here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Keep us informed. I cannot help with a good answer here.
    Here are the codes I got
    C006C C0063 P0000

Anyone know what these codes are?

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    Here are the codes I got
    C006C C0063 P0000

lamont should know these. plus I think somewhere on here are the codes

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Default limp mode

Here are the codes I got
    C006C C0063 P0000

Have you tried shutting it off, remove the key, walk once around the bike and then restart and ride it. Sometimes things just happen, then as mysteriously as they happen they go away, never to be seen again. Give it a try before you have it towed; what can you loose???
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=IGETAROUND;1332199]Have you tried shutting it off, remove the key, walk once around the bike and then restart and ride it. Sometimes things just happen, then as mysteriously as they happen they go away, never to be seen again. Give it a try before you have it towed; what can you loose???

Uh...Yeah, didn't work!
    Thanks

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

It is a yaw rate sensor error. Did they reset you on BUDS after the alignment?

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here are the codes I got
    C006C C0063 P0000

Google 'spyder codes' then follow the Lamonster Garage link and it will give you a complete list of codes and their meanings.

You can also download the spydercode app to your phone for more info.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default this issue

Everything that happens in the system is logged into the computer and doesn't disappear .... If your Dealer can't find it ..... BRP will help them figure it out ....... BUT they have to ask for the assistance ..... Trust me , it's logged in B.U.D.S. .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    It is a yaw rate sensor error. Did they reset you on BUDS after the alignment?
    BINGO
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    BINGO
    If I remember correctly, when I installed the A arm leds, the speed sensor wire was hanging low enough to rub thru the insulation causing a limp home mode, taped over the bare wire and dealer told me how to reset it, problem solved. That sensor wire is just below the plug and play wire from your A arm led to the fender lead wire approximately 3 inches or so away. May not have been pushed up far enough on the rubber/plastic holder on the fender support. It's located near the end (tire side) of the upper A arm. You'll have to get down and look closely to see it. I had to twist the wire and use a flashlight to actually see the frayed portion. Took about a mile or two ride to clear the code after taping the exposed area.
    Last edited by juscuz; 01-28-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: additional info

Spyder Garage

So...I brought my 2017 F3T to have it laser aligned and I added led lights on the front cross bars.
    The work was performed by a spyderlovers vendor with a lot of experience. 3 hours later I pay and ryde away.
    About 1 mile into the ryde the limp home mode comes on. I went back and he had no idea why.
    I'm not blaming him but now I guess it has to be towed to the dealer.
    Any ideas out there?
    See post # ll . I should have placed it here. Good luck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    If I remember correctly, when I installed the A arm leds, the speed sensor wire was hanging low enough to rub thru the insulation causing a limp home mode, taped over the bare wire and dealer told me how to reset it, problem solved. That sensor wire is just below the plug and play wire from your A arm led to the fender lead wire approximately 3 inches or so away. May not have been pushed up far enough on the rubber/plastic holder on the fender support. It's located near the end (tire side) of the upper A arm. You'll have to get down and look closely to see it. I had to twist the wire and use a flashlight to actually see the frayed portion. Took about a mile or two ride to clear the code after taping the exposed area.
    Did the code come up right after the led install?

Spyder Garage

Did the code come up right after the led install?
    I rode about three miles and it came up as soon as the wire covering had rubbed through and went into limp mode. I thought it may have been caused by something I had done during the install and sure enough it was my fault by not taking up the slack when tucking the excess wiring from the fender led that I installed along with the A arm leds. The shop manual I purchased paid off in trouble shooting a possible cause. Check your speed sensor on the inside upper portion of the wheel area, it's held in with one screw. I had to remove mine for more access.
    Last edited by juscuz; 01-28-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Follow up

So far the nice people at Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Fl. ( I'm not being sarcastic ! ) have cleared the codes and aren't
    sure what caused them. They realize it could be an intermittent computer issue and are trying to replicate the problem.
    I really appreciate Dave and the other guys trying to figure things out for me, very professional...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VERY PROFESSIONAL

So far the nice people at Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Fl. ( I'm not being sarcastic ! ) have cleared the codes and aren't
    sure what caused them. They realize it could be an intermittent computer issue and are trying to replicate the problem.
    I really appreciate Dave and the other guys trying to figure things out for me, very professional...
    ... Well I'll bet I know more about the DESS issue than your ( professional ) Dealer ..... They apparently aren't even aware of the #1 issue /problem that began in 2014 after the DESS module was re-designed..... If they don't know what they are doing - suggest to them to contact BRP .... I think even the secretaries at the factory know about the DESS issue .... oooooorrrrrr , you can let your Spyder be their Guinea Pig to learn about this well known issue ..... I wish lots of luck with this ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-31-2018 at 10:46 AM.