Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Riders of America

Looking for info.

I dropped the GoldWing Group and decided to join SRA, no chapter around here but had heard good things, so looked them up online and found the website. No phone or email, just an app, so sent it in with a check., Took over a month to cash my check and another week or so to get a patch. NOthing else?? I assume that this is for real, but doesn't seem to be very businesslike. Anyone have more insight/info?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Looking for info.

I dropped the GoldWing Group and decided to join SRA, no chapter around here but had heard good things, so looked them up online and found the website. No phone or email, just an app, so sent it in with a check., Took over a month to cash my check and another week or so to get a patch. NOthing else?? I assume that this is for real, but doesn't seem to be very businesslike. Anyone have more insight/info?
    I had the same impression and concerns as you at first. I've since learned that the folks behind SRA are good people with great intentions of developing something like GWRA, but haven't yet achieved critical mass for it to take off. The linchpin is the chapter development and that hasn't yet got to where it needs to be for a truly national organization to emerge. I hope George Parry, the national director, can shed some light on where things are headed. Meanwhile, maybe forum members can weigh in with thoughts, experiences and suggestions. I believe Can-Am is very interested in seeing a strong coherent international organization like GWRA come about for Spyders.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Find a local chapter and pay dues along with participate. No magazine but many SRA on Facebook
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

A lot depends on the chapter and the participation. I am a member of the National and the San Diego chapter. I was also a member of the original LA chapter but do to a lack of participation it had to go through a reorganization but was saved. They are all good people George and his lovely wife Lori are and have been involved with the San Diego chapter forever and Ken Miller the founder of SRA has been as well. Meet up with them and you will see for yourself...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default SRA

We both belong to the Columbia River Chapter , I think we have about 100 members. They are a great group .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We belong to the Spyder Riders of America Spokan am chapter in Spokane WA that encompasses Eastern WA and North Idaho. It is a very active group with dues, chapter patches monthly rides and ice cream meet-ups, we seem to be addicted to Ice Cream! We have even done Laser Alignment clinics in which Squared Away Laser Alignments aligned numerous bikes each time they were there. We have somewhere between 40 to 50 active members who attend meetings and rides.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Member of the Salt Lake Chapter which seems to cover all of Utah from Central east,west and north. Although a distance from me I enjoy the people and the association.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sacramento chapter here. We have a very active group. We meet monthly, and have rydes planned out literally every week of the year. We are involved in many charities including Ride for Kids, and local food drives and Toy Runs. We have several Road Captains that plan and lead the rydes all over Northern California! This fall we will be hosting the Third Annual Nor-Cal Spyder Rally! This is a great organization, very few rules,a nd you can run your Chapter pretty much as you see fit!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Seems there was an SRA Bucks County PA group some time back that appears to have gone belly-up...
    However, I did find USSpyderRyders.com, which also has a Bucks County PA group...
    Anyone familiar with this group?
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Taking care of business seems to be the gist here. There are some groups that do, and some that don't. You will get a mixed bag with "national" groups.

I belonged to a group from 2001 to 2014. They went belly up in 2017. We were also members of GW for a year--then they went belly up. I had my own group for a couple years--but that did not work either in AK. We are now "groupless" and prefer it that way.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-17-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looking for info.

Hello I’m am George Parry, National Director of Spyder Ryder of America. I can answer any questions you might have about Spyder Ryder of America.
    As mentioned in this thread, SRA is a series of 33 local chapters from Coast to Coast. We do have a national chapter for ryders that wish to belong to SRA but do not have a chapter in their area. Rydes and get togethers happen at the local level and it seems that the Spokan-am Chapter is the closest to you, that is where you will see activity.

You will see blog posts on SpyderRyderofAmerica.com and on the SRA Facebook page, as will as conversations on the various chapter pages on Facebook, this is a great tool to allow ryders to communicate and share their love of Spyder (like you do on SpyderLovers.com, but on a smaller scale)

If you would like, PM me and I can try to answer your questions, or I can give you my phone number and we can talk.

Ryde Safe, and I look forward to hearing from you and helping in any way I can.

George Parry
    National Director
    Spyder Ryder of America

I am also a Past President and current secretary of the San Diego Chapter.
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Default Dragon Run Chapter here in Virginia

We just formed a chapter here in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Always looking to for more members! I know there is a chapter near Richmond, and one south of us (Old Dominion I think).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2523...99381/?fref=nf

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still fragmented

From a bird's eye perspective, the situation is that the Spyder ryding community is still evolving. SRA (Spyder Ryders of America) I believe was the first organization to attempt to bring some coherence to the fragmented local ryding groups so that a national organization could come about. SRA has its strongest presence, I think, in the western states, probably because it started in California. Another national umbrella organization has since started. This one is based in Florida and is called US Spyder Ryders (USSR). Right now I think they're about the same size in terms of number of chapters, but there are still many independent ryding groups, as evidenced by the one which helped me put on the Tombstone Ryde-In (Spyder Ryders of Southern Arizona).

Each of the national organizations has its own strengths and weaknesses and cultures. Any club or ryding group wishing to associate with a national organization should, I think, investigate both. In the end, and who knows when that will be, the two groups will merge or one will eclipse the other. When that happens, Spyder owners will have one dominant organization with the resources and market acceptance to be recognized by BRP and the dealer network as the 'official' Spyder Club, just as GWRA is the official Goldwing club. BRP will then be able to throw its considerable marketing resources behind one strong national (international?) organization just as Honda supports and legitimizes GWRA.

Another, related, issue is that of rallies. Spyder rallies currently are independent entrepreneurial enterprises. Some are sponsored by well-organized clubs (e.g. the Northern California Spyder Rally in September), some are sponsored by a strong, local dealer (I think there is a rally in Wisconsin or Michigan that falls in this category and maybe Spyder Fest does), others are owned by enterprising individuals as money-making ventures (e.g. the former Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally). Currently, no rally that I know of is organized by either SRA or USSR, the national clubs.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few years. By the way, in case you're wondering, Spyder Ryde-Ins are a completely new breed altogether; they are a way for any local group or club to easily and economically put on a showcase Spyder event for Spyder enthusiasts as an addition or alternative to full-blown rallies.

In case you're wondering where I stand on this issue, it's this. I really like the fact that the Spyder ryding community is so diverse, entrepreneurial and evolving. I dread the day there is one umbrella organization, 'sanctioning' of events and so forth. The big corporate model is not for me.

Ryde on!
    Last edited by UtahPete; 01-20-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default SRA Member here!

Hello!
    Proud Charter member of the Ladies' National SRA here. Although we're few in number here (only 2 in MA), there's a whole family out there just waiting for us on the open road. When I retire (very soon), I hope to meet many more Brothers and Sisters!

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM/email shortly after you surfaced here and to date, I've had no response from you or anyone else. The closest chapter is about 150 away, I'll get up there soon and chat with them, but if I will need to pay dues there, I'd appreciate my money back, since it would appear that national just collects a freebie and does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pincushion View Post
    Hello I’m am George Parry, National Director of Spyder Ryder of America. I can answer any questions you might have about Spyder Ryder of America.
    As mentioned in this thread, SRA is a series of 33 local chapters from Coast to Coast. We do have a national chapter for ryders that wish to belong to SRA but do not have a chapter in their area. Rydes and get togethers happen at the local level and it seems that the Spokan-am Chapter is the closest to you, that is where you will see activity.

You will see blog posts on SpyderRyderofAmerica.com and on the SRA Facebook page, as will as conversations on the various chapter pages on Facebook, this is a great tool to allow ryders to communicate and share their love of Spyder (like you do on SpyderLovers.com, but on a smaller scale)

If you would like, PM me and I can try to answer your questions, or I can give you my phone number and we can talk.

George Parry
    National Director
    Spyder Ryder of America

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

We have a really great chapter that meets the first Saturday of every month at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland OR., The Columbia River Spyder Riders. I believe we have over 80 members . We have planed rides several times a month throughout the summer.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    We have a really great chapter that meets the first Saturday of every month at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland OR., The Columbia River Spyder Riders. I believe we have over 80 members . We have planed rides several times a month throughout the summer.
    Is that a chapter of SRA? Or an independent ryding group?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Is that a chapter of SRA? Or an independent ryding group?
    SRA , we also have a Facebook page.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Do You Have a Website, or List of Chapters?

Quote Originally Posted by Pincushion View Post

George Parry
    National Director
    Spyder Ryder of America

Hi, George. I'm in northeast North Carolina, about an hour from the Outer Banks. I don't think we have enough Spyder riders to form a chapter here, but I'd like to know if there's a NC chapter, and what the cost is to join eith a local chapter or the national chapter. Thanks! I just re-read your post and saw the site address...sorry about that!)

Spyder Garage

Looking for info.

We looked into the SRA a few years back and decided to form our own Spyder group. Our NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) now has 60+ members with about 30-40 active. we meet (and ride weather permitting) on the 3rd Sunday of each month year around AND host our own very successful Spyderfever rally each August in Council Bluffs, IA. Find us on Facebook OR on our website OR send us an email for any other information: NISRclub@gmail.com
    BIG F