Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

You will be able to use the phone maps apps displayed right on the dash which will be nice unless you would rather just use the Garmin in which case you will just have to do it the old fashion way and have to glance at a different screen.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Sometime more devices can get confusing while you are trying to drive. The thing is to simplify to make it safe.
    Right now we have so many bluetooth devices that get in each others way.
    Communications device
    phone
    hearing aid
    Spyder
    Garmin GPS
    CB radio

2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default When we start riding again

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Anyone use their smartphone to stream radio such as Sirius XM or maybe iHeart radio? When I went online and built the new 2018 RTL I was able to choose Sat radio and CB and now if you go to build a bike those choices are no longer there. Soooo, I'm scraping the CB and not sure about the Sat radio and I'm checking out smartphone options. (I'll use my Midland CB with Sena adapter when needed.)

Thanks
    We are going to stream Sirius XM as we already have a subscription for the car. We are going to get a BT adapter for the plug in in the back and then we will be able to use the AUX setting and listen thru the speakers on the bike ( I think) Hope this helps

Dave

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey Bob

Hey Bob
    Just go to the AP store and download the
    sirius XM AP that’s it. however you will be
    charged for it just like having one in your car
    they do offer a multi unit discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how to pick up XM on my smartphone (Sirius subscriber...)
    Can you point me in the right direction for the process?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I have a full Sirius XM package I also have smartphone access. AS long as I don't try to have both car and phone playing at the same time. Doubt that'll happen as I can't drive and ride the bike at the same time.

If you already have Sirius XM check to see if you also have it for the phone.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Slacker through my phone, with premium you can download programming for no cell coverage.
    Run it on my tab when I fly too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post

We are going to stream Sirius XM as we already have a subscription for the car. We are going to get a BT adapter for the plug in in the back and then we will be able to use the AUX setting and listen thru the speakers on the bike ( I think) Hope this helps

Dave

The adapter is only for output not input so the only way to get the music into the helmet is to pair to the phone directly and figure out a way to have the phone on the dash so you can control what you hear.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The adapter is only for output not input so the only way to get the music into the helmet is to pair to the phone directly and figure out a way to have the phone on the dash so you can control what you hear.
    Not sure what you're saying here. With the pre-2018 Spyders you can get a BT receiver, plug it into the port in the trunk, pair the phone to the receiver, and play audio off the phone right through the Spyder audio system. That way you can have the phone up front to control it. That's what I do anyway, on my 2014 RTS. What Fire34 wants to do will work.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Not sure what you're saying here. With the pre-2018 Spyders you can get a BT receiver, plug it into the port in the trunk, pair the phone to the receiver, and play audio off the phone right through the Spyder audio system. That way you can have the phone up front to control it. That's what I do anyway, on my 2014 RTS. What Fire34 wants to do will work.

I think we're talking about two different things. There is an adapter that can pipe music to the bluetooth headsets. There are special receivers that you plug into the AUX cable so music from a smart phone can go into the bike's radio.

The new 2018's have both and most riders I know don't bother with the AM/FM and listen to streaming music that can be heard in the headsets.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Sirius is now working on my phone!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    UPDATE: Sirius is now working on my phone!
    The kicker is will SiriusXM be available in BRP Connect? Or iHeart Radio or similar. So far only the phone’s music is available.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not yet... But there's hope!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Being a Luddite at heart I get confused with all this bluetooth/app/ stuff. And the radio switches on my RT-S is weird too. So, a buddy of mine put 1,100+ songs on a thumb drive. Stick that baby into the plug in the trunk and Colorado here I come.

I would like a CB but the BRP one is grossly overpriced. On my Gold Wing I had the CB hooked up to an outside mike and incoming would over-ride the radio or CD player on the bikes speakers. It was great with a half hat.

Spyder Garage

When you go to music on the BRP Connect it goes straight to Google Play. Not sure if you can play other songs thru the speakers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    When you go to music on the BRP Connect it goes straight to Google Play. Not sure if you can play other songs thru the speakers
    That makes me think that whatever you were playing in the Music will be what BRP Connect goes to. When I went to the music I could see the albums and playlists and could choose what I want. I just tried it and it went to the last music I was playing which was the radio. Interesting.

I still want Sirius XM though. :-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That makes me think that whatever you were playing in the Music will be what BRP Connect goes to. When I went to the music I could see the albums and playlists and could choose what I want. I just tried it and it went to the last music I was playing which was the radio. Interesting.

I still want Sirius XM though. :-)
    It looks like you're out of luck for the time being. On this BRP page in the FAQ section is this: https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/techno...p-connect.html

Can I access the various music streaming services via the "Music" app within BRP Connect?
    Apple Music is the only music streaming service that can be accessed via the generic "Music" app. Please ensure you are subscribed to Apple Music and that you have access to cellular data before attempting to access the service:

1. Open Apple Music on your phone, search and select a song, album, artist, etc.
    2. Add the song, album, artist, etc. to your Apple Media library (“+” Button).
    3. Make sure that Cloud Music is activated within the BRP Connect app (BRP Connect App -> Settings -> Apps -> Cloud Music -> ON).
    4. All selected songs, albums, artists, etc. from Apple Music will be displayed and selectable via the generic Music app.
    Ahh-cool just mentioned that Google Play works. But it looks like for access to other streaming services you need to have an app for that service. There are several listed on the Bosch Softec mySPIN page, which is what BRP Connect is, but siriusXM is not one of them. http://www.bosch-softtec.com/myspin_apps.html

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’ve already seen where Rever and FOBOBIKE are “coming soon”. So they’re working on it and hopefully more app will be available.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red