Spyder Garage

Default First oil change.

Going tomorrow to Route 1 Motorsport in Melbourne for my first oil change. They sent me an email with a coupon for 15% off parts and labor so I'm taking advantage of it. I only have 2000 miles on my F3 Ltd to date and it's a little early but the discount is hard to beat. Question, are there any things I should hit them up with while I'm there? Service bulletins, alignment issues etc? It does give me a wobble in the front end when starting out from a parking spot (low speed sharp turn, hot or cold weather). Tire pressures are set at 18 PSI up front and both are equal. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

The oil change/break-in service is a little early--but I caught that you mentioned that. Recommended about 4,500 miles. Early cannot hurt and taking advantage of service and parts discounts are good.

Others will know about any "glitches" on the new F3's. I do not have one of those.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That wobble shouldn't happen and is a warranty repair issue. As long as you're 2/3 of the way to the 3,000 mile service have them do all the checks in that service as shown in your operator's guide.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I also could not wait till the recommended 3000 mi.
    Did mine at 1600 or so. Will do the next at 5600. I just can't go more than 4000 mi. on oil.
    Say what you will, but I have a problem going past that. I'll be doing oil changes myself so the cost doesn't hurt as much.

Definitely get the wobble looked at.

While you are there ask them to pull the front sprocket cover and check for red dust on the pulley.
    It's less than 10 min. to remove, have a look, and replace it.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default First service.

Thanks all for the comments. Yes, I've been following the red dust comments and will periodically check this myself. The wobble felt odd and I'll mention it today. I'll post later today with any results.