Gary

All I want to do is ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    Any reviews on the F3T Ultimate seat?

The stock seat needs some help.

Gary
    Yes.
    1. Select "advanced search" in the upper right hand corner of a page.
    2. For "Keyword(s)" type "ultimate + seat"
    3. To the right of that change "search entire posts" to "search titles only."
    4. You will see two "search now"s. Select the top one.

But based on reading many of the choices I would say almost everybody agrees it is a huge improvement over stock.

Spyder Garage

Default Random Comment about Ultimate Seats

Ultimate Seats have a 14 day trial period where all you are out is shipping if you want to return it. I am considering an Ultimate for that reason, and they are a bit cheaper. Originally I had my heart set on a Russell since all I have heard are rave reviews, plus they are close enough I can ride and be fitted at the company. I have had two custom seats made in person (not Russell) and overall had a good experience. I had one custom seat made mail order, and things got very heated before I got admittedly the best seat I ever had (I also had two factory comfort seats). But a 14 day return policy negates the potential problem of getting not what you were expecting.
    Last edited by gnorthern; 01-01-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    Any reviews on the F3T Ultimate seat?

The stock seat needs some help.

Gary
    I installed my new Ultimate seat on our 2017 F3L about 2 weeks ago. The wife and I have been out twice for rides of 100 - 150 miles, and I have done another similar solo ride, plus several shorter trips of 20 -25 miles around town. I estimate we probably have 400 or 500 miles on it; just really breaking it in. So far, so good. Definitely an improvement over the stock driver seat for me, which I found unsuitable. The missus was OK with the stock passenger seat, and found it comfortable enough. She liked the fact that she seemed to sit higher in the stock rear seat, and looked over my head; she says that she is now about an inch lower on the Ultimate replacement, although I was told that my seat height wouldn't change. The stock seat is made up of two sections, whereas the Ultimate replacement is one piece. Very easy to install. We bought the black seat with red ostrich skin-like inserts - a great color match for the BRP "Intense Red Pearl" Spyder. We still need to have the cover for the passenger back rest installed, so the photos I am posting show the cover hanging over the back rest, not yet properly/completely in place. It will give you an idea of the final look. On the whole, I think we're going to be very happy with the new Ultimate seat. Sure looks great!!
    20180105_143405.jpg20180105_143353.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bushrat; 01-06-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat

I had The Ultimate seat on my 11 and then my 14 RTs. Rode cross country on one trip and to Alaska on another , from Ga. Seat fit me and I found it to be my favorite seat for a period of many years and a variety of bikes. I am 75 and comfort is important and necessary. Emphasis is on fitting me. When ! bought a 16 F3 ltd no Ultimate seat was available so I bought a Mustang seat at the 16 Spyderfest. Better than stock but not better than Ultimate. I now have a 17 F3T and when at the Maggie Valley rally the rep was taking orders for the soon to be shipped. It arrived has been used and found to be an excellent fit for me. The rallies usually have seats for testing. I also take an Alaska sheep wool covered gel pad on long rides to change seating positions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    I installed my new Ultimate seat on our 2017 F3L about 2 weeks ago. The wife and I have been out twice for rides of 100 - 150 miles, and I have done another similar solo ride, plus several shorter trips of 20 -25 miles around town. I estimate we probably have 400 or 500 miles on it; just really breaking it in. So far, so good. Definitely an improvement over the stock driver seat for me, which I found unsuitable. The missus was OK with the stock passenger seat, and found it comfortable enough. She liked the fact that she seemed to sit higher in the stock rear seat, and looked over my head; she says that she is now about an inch lower on the Ultimate replacement, although I was told that my seat height wouldn't change. The stock seat is made up of two sections, whereas the Ultimate replacement is one piece. Very easy to install. We bought the black seat with red ostrich skin-like inserts - a great color match for the BRP "Intense Red Pearl" Spyder. We still need to have the cover for the passenger back rest installed, so the photos I am posting show the cover hanging over the back rest, not yet properly/completely in place. It will give you an idea of the final look. On the whole, I think we're going to be very happy with the new Ultimate seat. Sure looks great!!
    20180105_143405.jpg20180105_143353.jpg

Your seat is absolutely beautiful!! I now have a red F3L like yours. How much more does Ultimate charge above the stock seat for something like that? How difficult was it to put the cover on the back seat rest?

Thanks!
    Debbie
    Last edited by Tennesseetomboy; 01-07-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

There seats are not cheep, view there web site, BUT when I put one on my 2014RT at Spyderfest the 1000 mile ride home was the best ride I can say. I got rid of my air seat that I had to use to stay comfortable on the stock on long rides. The Ultimate fits me better , I am 4,10 and now on long rides I do not get "seatRash".
    Worth the investment if your planning on trips.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseetomboy View Post
    Your seat is absolutely beautiful!! I now have a red F3L like yours. How much more does Ultimate charge above the stock seat for something like that? How difficult was it to put the cover on the back seat rest?

Thanks!
    Debbie
    Hi Debbie:
    The 'Bright Red Ostrich' inlay with the black Ultimate base seat is, IMHO, a really beautiful color match to the BRP 'Intense Red Pearl' on the 2017 F3L. I believe the cost of a basic black F3 seat with driver backrest is $750. My total cost came to $995, which included the added red inserts, the cover for the passenger back rest and the two spider logos stitched into the backs. There was no charge to install the passenger backrest cover. In fact, I just finished riding over to the Ultimate shop in Ormond Beach earlier today, and they fine-tuned the installation of the seat itself and added the cover to the rear backrest for me. Really nice folks, very friendly and keen to help customers. Can't ask for more. Give Des or Dave a call and ask about price and custom color choice. They are sponsors of this site, and you can get a lot of info by clicking on their ad, but very good to speak to them in person. Tell them you saw the photo of my bike; they will know what you're thinking of. I'll try to take another pic in the morning of the finished product. Happy to answer any other questions, here or by PM.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy the seat should you decide to go ahead.

Cheers,
    Roger

PS: You don't have to buy the cover for the passenger back rest, but it sure does 'finish' the look very nicely. I rode for a couple of weeks in the new seat without the cover on; I really like it so much better with the complete package. Also, you don't have to buy a driver's back rest if you prefer to skip that, or if you already have a BRP backrest (in which case I believe they will simply make you a cover). It took only 10-15 minutes to install the backrest cover - 2 screws, accessed through the back wall of the top case and it lifts out. I probably could have managed it myself, but I wanted an excuse to get out, and they offered to make sure it was done right. I had a great day and a fun ryde.
    Last edited by bushrat; 01-08-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Hi Debbie:
    The 'Bright Red Ostrich' inlay with the black Ultimate base seat is, IMHO, a really beautiful color match to the BRP 'Intense Red Pearl' on the 2017 F3L. I believe the cost of a basic black F3 seat with driver backrest is $750. My total cost came to $995, which included the added red inserts, the cover for the passenger back rest and the two spider logos stitched into the backs. There was no charge to install the passenger backrest cover. In fact, I just finished riding over to the Ultimate shop in Ormond Beach earlier today, and they fine-tuned the installation of the seat itself and added the cover to the rear backrest for me. Really nice folks, very friendly and keen to help customers. Can't ask for more. Give Des or Dave a call and ask about price and custom color choice. They are sponsors of this site, and you can get a lot of info by clicking on their ad, but very good to speak to them in person. Tell them you saw the photo of my bike; they will know what you're thinking of. I'll try to take another pic in the morning of the finished product. Happy to answer any other questions, here or by PM.

Cheers,
    Roger

PS: You don't have to buy the cover for the passenger back rest, but it sure does 'finish' the look very nicely. I rode for a couple of weeks in the new seat without the cover on; I really like it so much better with the complete package. Also, you don't have to buy a driver's back rest if you prefer to skip that, or if you already have a BRP backrest (in which case I believe they will simply make you a cover). It took only 10-15 minutes to install the backrest cover - 2 screws, accessed through the back wall of the top case and it lifts out. I probably could have managed it myself, but I wanted an excuse to get out, and they offered to make sure it was done right. I had a great day and a fun ryde.
    So the BRP drivers backrest will work with the Ultimate seat?
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One thing I noticed on their Web-site is that the seat for the F3 is a one piece seat. I don't think that is going to work on the Pre-17 F3L or T. These models have a two part seat as you need to get under the seat in order to access the adjustable suspension on the L, and the tool kit is there also.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    One thing I noticed on their Web-site is that the seat for the F3 is a one piece seat. I don't think that is going to work on the Pre-17 F3L or T. These models have a two part seat as you need to get under the seat in order to access the adjustable suspension on the L, and the tool kit is there also.
    The stock 2017 F3L seat is also 2-piece, but the Ultimate replacement is only 1-piece. The Ultimate seat uses the same two brackets as the stock BRP front section, and the same locking pin as the stock rear section, so there is really no problem with the change-over. To install, you just unbolt the stock front seat (you can put the 2 bolts back in place or simply save them elsewhere), move the tool kit into the shallow area at the front of the frame, then position the front clips on the new Ultimate into the frame's retainer brackets and lock it in place at by pushing down at the back, using the same locking pin (which you remove from the stock rear seat and screw into the pre-designated hole at the rear of the Ultimate). Very simple and quick to do; change-over is a 5 minute job using just one wrench. Once in place, you lift the new Ultimate seat up by using the same key turn that you would to access the stock rear seat. So, everything is much the same; just a 1-piece seat to lift instead of two sections, and no longer any need to unbolt the front section to have full access under whole seat. Hope that helps.

Roger
    Last edited by bushrat; 01-09-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    So the BRP drivers backrest will work with the Ultimate seat?
    It is my understanding that the BRP driver's backrest will work, but you should probably confirm that with folks at Ultimate to be certain.

OOOOPS, I was wrong. Sorry, the BRP driver backrest won't work. See Dave's clarification below.
    Last edited by bushrat; 01-09-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Necessary correction.
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

It is my understanding that the BRP driver's backrest will work, but you should probably confirm that with folks at Ultimate to be certain.
    Hey guys,
    Roger - the seat looks awesome! Can't wait to see a final picture with the backrest installed. Just a quick clarification, The BRP driver backrest WILL NOT work with our seat. Our driver backrest bracket is built into our seat, and only works with the Ultimate driver backrest.

Best,
    Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Hi Debbie:

Cheers,
    Roger

Thanks Roger! I was actually on the phone with Ultimate when you were in yesterday. You said it was the bright red ostrich and the lady on the phone said it was the dark red ostrich??? She is sending me a sample of it so I can make sure it is what I want. She quoted me 995 too. As soon as I get the sample, I will order. I want one just like yours. Can you check your paperwork and let me know which one it is?

Thanks,
    Debbie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseetomboy View Post
    Thanks Roger! I was actually on the phone with Ultimate when you were in yesterday. You said it was the bright red ostrich and the lady on the phone said it was the dark red ostrich??? She is sending me a sample of it so I can make sure it is what I want. She quoted me 995 too. As soon as I get the sample, I will order. I want one just like yours. Can you check your paperwork and let me know which one it is?

Thanks,
    Debbie
    Debbie:
    I was in error... checked my invoice and it does say 'Dark Red Ostrich'. My earlier comment was based on a quick look at the color chart on the Ultimate website. To my eye, I thought the 'Bright Red' was closer than the 'Dark Red', but no, the invoice says I got the 'Dark'. Ah well, my ancient eyes and feeble mind do play tricks on me now and then. So, go with what Ultimate recommends. Here are a couple of pics of the fully (and properly) installed seat and backrest cover. Pretty, eh???
    20180109_150716.jpg20180109_150740.jpg
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Debbie:
    I was in error... checked my invoice and it does say 'Dark Red Ostrich'. My earlier comment was based on a quick look at the color chart on the Ultimate website. To my eye, I thought the 'Bright Red' was closer than the 'Dark Red', but no, the invoice says I got the 'Dark'. Ah well, my ancient eyes and feeble mind do play tricks on me now and then. So, go with what Ultimate recommends. Here are a couple of pics of the fully (and properly) installed seat and backrest cover. Pretty, eh???
    20180109_150716.jpg20180109_150740.jpg
    Absolutely stunning Roger! Thanks for double checking!

Debbie

Spyder Garage

After doing loads of research, I just purchased an Ultimate Seat for our new F3T. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I have an ultimate seat and use a BBP backrest. Details >ON MY PAGE click here<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I've got the Ultimate seat on my 2019 F3L.
    Absolutely night & day from the OEM seat and the Cannonball seat.
    Love it !!

I would also go with the Ultimate driver back rest. Way more adjustability than the CanAm back rest.
    Never had the Ultimate passenger back rest, can't comment on that.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I also noticed the Ultimate driver backrest is much more convenient to adjust, than the Can Am driver backrest and that was one of the reasons we ordered the Ultimate seat for the F3T. In addition, we also had an Ultimate for our 2012 RS-S and were extremely pleased with the comfort for both driver and passenger.