Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default For the Weather Less Fortunate

Took one for the team and hit one of the best riding roads in the USA the last three days: Highway 170 in Texas. It meanders along the Rio Grande River from Lajitas to Presidio.

Texas ain't flat. !
    IMG_2418 2.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Arrrrrghhhhh Avast Ye Matey, no fair says the guy with a couple inches of powder and -12 degrees outside... , I think I'm driving down to Corpus Christi in March
    Can you give me a best viewing route from CC to Lajitas, is it worth heading west from CC til I get to the border and following that up and around to Lajitas, Like maybe through Laughlin AFB (We're both retired USAF).

Google Maps suggests otherwise, UP to SA, then 10 west.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 12-28-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Wow, those peaks raise all the way to the sky. Nice shot of Pebble Hill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Arrrrrghhhhh Avast Ye Matey, no fair says the guy with a couple inches of powder and -12 degrees outside... , I think I'm driving down to Corpus Christi in March
    Can you give me a best viewing route from CC to Lajitas, is it worth heading west from CC til I get to the border and following that up and around to Lajitas, Like maybe through Laughlin AFB (We're both retired USAF).

Google Maps suggests otherwise, UP to SA, then 10 west.
    You would definitely hit the 2nd best riding roads (in my opinion) of Texas: The Twisted Sisters. They are country highways that you do NOT want to miss. They are near Leakey, Texas.

Spyder Sunset Twisted Sister Ride small.jpg

But.... Texas is a very big state. You're looking at a LOT of driving to get from CC to Big Bend. Make sure you look at that distance. Keep in mind that it is very remote, too. Just Big Bend National Park is bigger than Rhode Island!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Fun times...

Did love roaming around Texas the two times I lived there... only thing missing was the s pyder two wheelers were fun too...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default For the Weather Less Fortunate

nice i got to ride in 19 deg today the loved it and i was toasty warm in my ski suit and heated liner and gloves. love cold dry days
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Good to see that there is "other" scenery--just as good elsewhere.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default whaaaat !

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Took one for the team and hit one of the best riding roads in the USA the last three days: Highway 170 in Texas. It meanders along the Rio Grande River from Lajitas to Presidio.

Texas ain't flat. !
    IMG_2418 2.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    " I am sorry " you had to go out and do a ride for the team ! { surely you had chores around the house to do ? paint , fix roof , ?

Spyder Garage

Dam, here I am looking at -21 to cold to snowmobile never mind ride the Rt! All I can say is, You Lucky DOGGG!!!! Ride hard, rubber side down.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Good to see that there is "other" scenery--just as good elsewhere.
    But some day I would love to get back to Alaska and take a long cruse on a spyder. You have bar none the best views I have ever seen I my life up there.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dang... that sure is a pretty area!
    PMS is a real bitch!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Just figured out how to post larger images on this forum! I love this community, but this forum is in dire need of an update.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

That last picture was one of my favorites. I use multiple Sony mirrorless cameras for my pictures and their crazy expensive lenses, but that one was taken with my iPhone 7+.

(and, my 26psi Yoko's ripped that road. LOL. Couldn't resist!)

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

You always shoot great pictures. Bad news though, when the wall goes up, you'll be short of natural sunlight, and then how will your pictures look? Anyhow, keep 'em coming; the pictures I mean.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You always shoot great pictures. Bad news though, when the wall goes up, you'll be short of natural sunlight, and then how will your pictures look? Anyhow, keep 'em coming; the pictures I mean.
    LOL! I'll make the wall an artistic part of the rule of thirds...

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the ride!

Thanks for "taking us along" on your ryde! Your pics are gorgeous! It's been below zero and barely above here in Western MA all week! Supposed to snow again today
    Poor Spyder is chilling out in the garage patiently (not really) awaiting Spring.

Enjoy your warm weather !
    Nate and Lori

2021 Spyder RT Limited--Deep Marsala Red--Chrome Edition

[/B]​Nelson-Rigg half cover, Hopnel side bags and trunk liner bags, , Driver's Backrest, BRP Trailer hitch and control module, 131 DB horn from TricLED, "Shadow" trailer from Mini Trailer USA,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Did you take this picture?
    Seems too perfect....like a photo op.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the ride!

I am also stuck in this midwest snow/cold. Just taking trips through your pictures & dreaming for spring weather. Great pics!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markg View Post
    I am also stuck in this midwest snow/cold. Just taking trips through your pictures & dreaming for spring weather. Great pics!
    I feel your pain, went out in the garage and started it up. Might have even braved a short trip to Walmart if the roads would not have been icy....
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default to Presidio...

Love that stretch of road...

Something for everyone!
    Last edited by Yazz; 12-30-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Did you take this picture?
    Seems too perfect....like a photo op.
    I am very certain that I took this picture!

When I'm riding, I'll scout out locations that look cool. When I get home, I'll plan out the sunset, sunrise, or Milky Way position and know exactly when and what angle to take the shot.
    Wind Mill Powered by Milky Way by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

I'm just a dumb Texan, but why couldn't you use something like this for the snow? Might be fun!

5134146ef339b19a74c416ce5ea9360f.jpg

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Beautiful pix

Todd,
    come to Tombstone in a couple of weeks. We have a small get together but need a talented photographer!! 12-14 Jan. You are most welcome!
    We are looking at 66-68 for the next week here in Las Vegas. Got so tired of snow, ice, gloom - we packed up and moved! We see no downside! Yes, it gets hot in the summer, but since we travel so much, it is no problem!!
    cheers!
    Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system