Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER F3 IN MOVIE

I was watching a movie 'security' last night on netflix, a security guard in the mall jumped on a spyder and it started
    right up . As he first rode it the can am name on the front was blatantly shown. Looked like it was a lot of fun
    before it flipped.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's just another miracle borne out of Hollywood Scripts...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My F3 starts right up.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Hollywood....

They can do anything on screen.... not to mention it was just sitting there with the key in it gassed charged and ready to go.... but in the end there was not much left of it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yeah, when it blew up at the end I thought it was a 2013 RT.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing it went at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Yeah, when it blew up at the end I thought it was a 2013 RT.
    Well i think it was amazing that the bike could be ridden at all, i mean with the front sprocket problems the F3s have!
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they had wanted to blow up a 2013 RT: wouldn't you have let them use yours?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If they had wanted to blow up a 2013 RT: wouldn't you have let them use yours?
    You bet your sweet bippy I would!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

As Maxwell Smart would say: "The old product placement ploy...."

Anyone remember the "famous" CSI Miami episode when Spyders first came out?

At a crime scene, there were three mysterious tire tracks. Horatio quickly gave a commercial for the "new" Can Am Spyder.

Lots of pre hype here on SL and a lot of us watched. After it was over--I kind of felt like Ralphie from Christmas Story when he got the Little Orphan Annie decoder--"a &%$#@ commercial?"
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-26-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    As Maxwell Smart would say: "The old product placement ploy...."

Anyone remember the "famous" CSI Miami episode when Spyders first came out?

At a crime scene, there were three mysterious tire tracks. Horatio quickly gave a commercial for the "new" Can Am Spyder.

Lots of pre hype here on SL and a lot of us watched. After it was over--I kind of felt like Ralphie from Christmas Story when he got the Little Orphan Annie decoder--"a &%$#@ commercial?"
    It ain't just movies. Reporters for Tegna company TV stations blatantly display the Columbia label on their jackets along with the reporter's name and the TV station logo.

But sometimes the absence of a logo can cause an imprint. Many years ago Coors printed posters for the McCall, ID Winter Carnival. Naturally the Coors logo was quite visible in one corner. A copy of the poster was hanging in the local Post Office. Since commercial advertisements aren't allowed on PO property the logo had been cut off. The absence of the Coors logo was very obvious, and since I'd seen several of the posters already I immediately placed the missing Coors logo into the poster in my mind. The Coors name has stuck in my mind now for 40 years even though I don't drink beer.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have any of you seen the new Jumanji movie.

Without giving away to much, when they are in the "Transportation Shed", was there a Polaris Slingshot in there as well or was it just my imagination.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Talking Did he press the "Mode" button?

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I was watching a movie 'security' last night on netflix, a security guard in the mall jumped on a spyder and it started
    right up . As he first rode it the can am name on the front was blatantly shown. Looked like it was a lot of fun
    before it flipped.
    Did he press the "Mode" button before it started?