Thread: Back Surgery

Spyder Garage

Default Back Surgery

I just had back surgery and I am currently using a walker. I would like the option to take the walker with me on rides or atleast a cane if I can get used to using one of those. I will be purchasing my spyder when my SSD comes through. I was wondering if any of you have seen a mount for a walker and maybe suggest other options that I should consider. I know I will need a hand brake but I have full control of my left leg so I could go either manual or automatic with one. I was considering the RT but seeing I will not be traveling I do not feel that I need all the storage space and the St seems to fit me better and is also more in my price bracket seeing I will have to modify it to work for me. I cannot see how I could get a walker on the RT. If anyone has pictures of a walker mounted to a spyder that would be great. thank you

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WALKER CRADLE

.... and Merry Christmas ..... I'm not a Vendor, but if you can't find a Vendor here on the Forum that can make you what you need, I can Fab something that will help you out...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Take a look at Roadster Rennovations a vendor listed on this site. He has a rack that could carry your walker https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/. Good luck finding what you need.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you get past the walker before you buy a spyder try those collapsible canes. A friend of mine recovering from knee surgery had one and said he liked it because it folded up into a small bundle and unfolded quite quickly. I'd also take BlueKnight up on his offer.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

You can check in the Enabled spyderlovers forum here and see what others are doing. I do carry a collapsable cane but just in case and it is ideal if it will do the trick for you at some point. We have vendors with some solutions but the just for youi fit check back with Mike.... hope your on the road soon and getting better. Been there
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am not finding which Spyder. That may help as the configurations are a bit different.

I suffered from hip problems for three years prior to my surgery. I got around with the help of a wheel chair and a folding cane--always tucked in a saddle bag when riding.

The recommendations about a platform for a walker are also good. I think you have a good offer from BlueKnight. I would suggest exploring that more. Good luck with getting your problem solved.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I want to thank everyone for your replies. I will continue looking and hopefully things will improve so that I can use a cane. Like I said I have to wait for my disability to come be approved and was told it could take upto 9 months but it does not hurt to start planning ahead of time and looking.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... and Merry Christmas ..... I'm not a Vendor, but if you can't find a Vendor here on the Forum that can make you what you need, I can Fab something that will help you out...... Mike
    You constantly amaze and impress me with your generosity, Mike.
    2014 RTL Platinum