Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New WrapMySpyder item

Merry Christmas to all Spyder ryders. There is a new item for your Christmas list. It is inserts for your 12 spoke wheels. They are very easy to put on and look GREAT. First you will need to clean the spokes with a cleaner, I used acetone, as it leaves no residue. Wiped with a clean rag and applied decal. I stared with the small end of the decal in the top end of the wheel. Then placed the round end on the center of the wheel and stuck it the center. Slowly apply pressure starting at the center moving to the top of top of the slot. Any air bubbles can be worked out with a solid item, that will not cut the material. It does not matter what rib you start with, just work your way around the wheel until all 6 decals are applied. Good luck and they look GREAT. Merry Christmas.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Nice....

The installation review is great and the the idea is interesting but in this case a picture would make a world of difference to seeing what you are seeing. Have seen some chrome inserts that sound like what your talking about... congrats on getting the job done....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I can only see the gold color displayed. How do you see all colors on the wheel.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ditto on the colors. I'd love to snazz up my wheels, but I need to see all the options first.

Also, I wonder how thoroughly these have been tested on the road, as in, how long might they last before they chip or peel?
    Last edited by ruralgirl; 12-22-2017 at 07:18 PM.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

I just placed an order for them.

When I get them I'll post a picture, I got the Cognac ones. My spyder is in hibernation.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Exciting New Product!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I like the look alot, but i am worried about how difficult the installation will be. I have done a full wrap on my spyder and I also make decals on the side,, but installing the inserts on the wheels looks very difficult to me. I am not willing to risk $50 and end up messing it up. I will wait until someone else tries it first.
    I'm really excited about this product. It looks great and it's the answer to my complaint that the RTS wheels are boring. Unfortunately I have to agree with Joel that this wrap looks difficult to apply. It's putting all those spokes in their correct places all at once without wrinkling everything that is scary. Is there a way to slide the wrap around; e.g., using water, so one spoke isn't permanently set in place while I'm doing another? Or, are the spokes and the center hub separate pieces so you could just do the center and then do one spoke at a time and just have a tiny overlap over the center? That would be a fairly easy job. I watched the videos on their web site and there isn't anything there about this particular product yet. I don't need to wait for someone else but I do need to have a good understanding how to apply the wrap before I make the jump. Once I figure out how to do my wheels without ruining the wrap, I'll be excited to buy.

I was able to do a couple of things on my own to give some life to my black wheels. First, I bought red Colorlugs, which are merely vinyl covers for the lug nuts. These are a cheap dressup item and I've used them on a couple of my cars. They just press on and come off with a little tweezer thing they give you. Also, I bought a red reflective rim tape product off Amazon. The one I bought was from "customTAYLOR33" in the 15" size. Since the rim of the RTS wheels isn't exactly continuous, I cut the rim tape into individual pieces so that each rim has a dozen individual strips of red reflective tape. This has the additional advantage that you don't have to worry so much about alignment or overlapping the pieces. With the red ColorLugs, IMHO it makes a cool look for my wheels at low cost. Not nearly as cool a look as the new WrapMySpyder piece but still pretty neat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What you did with the Colorlugs and reflective tape looks GREAT on your wheels, John!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Default Wheel wraps

I'm the one that came up with the decals to insert into your wheels. As I mentioned in the first post, it is VERY easy to install these decals. I have never installed anything like this before. All I did was touch the narrow end of the decal to the top of the wheel slot. Then sort of pulled it to the center and stuck it to the wheel. I then slowly started to press it down, working my way the narrow end of the slot. This way, if you have to you can pick up the narrow end of the decal and replace it if necessary. I did have some very small bubbles in the middle, but able to work them out using my finger nail. It does not matter which slot you start on, because you will cover all 6 slots. Hope this helps and good luck.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Border Rider

I have wanted something like this ever since I got my 2016 Blue RTS. I would like to see a color chart so I can decide on
    which color i am going to order.

Spyder Garage

Default Looks Nice .. Car Wash

Looks very nice. How do you think the decals will do in a car wash using a high pressure sprayer? I ask because I take my Spyder to the DIY car wash and I use the high pressure sprayer, particularly on the wheels?

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I'm excited about this too. My all black RT-S was too monolithic before adding some Wrap My Spyder graphics but the wheels are still all-black boring. Looked at the web page and read the text which said, "watch our application video." Apparently I'm not smart enough to figure out how to find the video. Anyone else more successful?
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT 15" 12 Spoke Wheel kit

Viperryder was kind enough to do the templating for us on his wheel and provide a 100% accurate template for us to work with to make this kit available to you. Regarding application, as he mentioned below, he had never done an install like this and as you can see from his photos it came out perfect. Please keep in mind that for most colors, we are using automotive / marine grade wrapping film to produce these kits. That means you can position them on the spoke dry and easily pick them up and repositon until satisfied. Then you simply press the film into place. Air bubbles simply work themselves out of the material if you do get any. Once applied we recommend you warm the decals to help start the permanent bonding process which takes about 2 weeks or so depending on temps. (more information below)

RT-15-inch-12-spoke-Mag.jpgRT-15-inch-12-spoke-Mag-Cognac.jpg15-inch-RT-12-spoke-Mag.jpg

Regarding colors: We have a list in the drop down on the order page but we do not have an official color chart for just the wheel kits. We do not have access
    to an RT that has these wheels on it so we will have to wait until more customers order various colors and publish these as we get them. We provide extra pieces in the kit
    which would allow for 1 mistake per spoke style. So, if you scrap one you have a backup.

You can email us and we can always send a photo of a particular color if needed. It's hard to show colors accurately online as you can see from the photos above.

See more details here: https://wrapmyspyder.com/shop/wheel/rt-15-12-spoke/

Durability: We have been offering wheel kits for Spyders for years and if applied correctly they will last a very long time. Currently to date we have never had any customers have an issue with one. You can pressure wash but you need to use good judgment and not hold the nozzle right on top of the decal. (keep it back) As with any peel and stick product you run the risk of lifting it if you get too close. In our experience most owners take very good care of their machines and use caution when cleaning and detailing. Post Heating the film, pre-installation prep along with proper installation surface temperature are very important to a successful long term install.

We hope this information is helpful. As mentioned feel free to email us with any questions or color requests.

Quote Originally Posted by viperryder View Post
    I'm the one that came up with the decals to insert into your wheels. As I mentioned in the first post, it is VERY easy to install these decals. I have never installed anything like this before. All I did was touch the narrow end of the decal to the top of the wheel slot. Then sort of pulled it to the center and stuck it to the wheel. I then slowly started to press it down, working my way the narrow end of the slot. This way, if you have to you can pick up the narrow end of the decal and replace it if necessary. I did have some very small bubbles in the middle, but able to work them out using my finger nail. It does not matter which slot you start on, because you will cover all 6 slots. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Default other colors

Has anyone installed these yet. I want to see the Red and Blue ones. there website does not show the colors just the name of them. They need pictures. They do not have to be on the wheels.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I just placed an order for them.

When I get them I'll post a picture, I got the Cognac ones. My spyder is in hibernation.

Deanna
    Did you ever get these installed ? How did it go ? Your thoughts ?

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Did you ever get these installed ? How did it go ? Your thoughts ?
    I do not have these installed yet, because my spyder is still in hibernation( winter is dragging on,& on , & on, & on, & on) due the weather, we have sleet, freezing rain, snow. I hope to wake up my spyder next week-end.

When I get a chance to get these installed/and the weather corporates I'll post pictures, and post my thoughts. Stay Tuned!

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default COGNAC SPOKES

I do not have these installed yet, because my spyder is still in hibernation( winter is dragging on,& on , & on, & on, & on) due the weather, we have sleet, freezing rain, snow. I hope to wake up my spyder next week-end.

When I get a chance to get these installed/and the weather corporates I'll post pictures, and post my thoughts. Stay Tuned!

Deanna
    ........Those will look great matched with your Cognac dashboard ..... are they priced per wheel or per pair of wheels ?????? ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-15-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default spoke set

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ........Those will look great matched with the Cognac dashboard ..... are they priced per wheel or per pair of wheels ?????? ....... Mike
    Mike , the price is for 2 front wheels . I'm actually will order tomorrow and if the weather gets better I would have them on for SpyderFest , I'll post pics and my review of them
    kredab

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default install

add a little dawn to your water spray the wheel and the back of the material you can slide it till they are where you want them then hold on to it and press out the water with a hard rubber wedge hit easy with heat gun do not heat too much let every thing dry overnight check for any bubbles in the 1st hour shout not come off, i've had decals on my truck for 10 years still looking great

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DECALS

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Mike , the price is for 2 front wheels . I'm actually will order tomorrow and if the weather gets better I would have them on for SpyderFest , I'll post pics and my review of them
    kredab
    .......I think I'll order a set myself .................... He should make this fact clear in His ads... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Will t fir a 2018 RT Limited?

It’s beautiful, but not sure it will fit my ryde?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ........Those will look great matched with your Cognac dashboard ..... are they priced per wheel or per pair of wheels ?????? ....... Mike
    They are priced per pair of wheels. I paid $50.00 for the set, and I bought them from WRAPMYSPYDER. The description says: 15" 12 spoke wheel kit, snap blade knife, adhesive promoter pad.

Yes, They will look great matched with my Cognac painted dashboard, thank you!

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA-SPYDR View Post
    It’s beautiful, but not sure it will fit my ryde?
    I went to the WRAPMYSPYDER.com the description says" *** fits spyder RT-RTS 15 inch *** but send/or call Pete @ WRAPMYSPDYER a message, and ask.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Wheel kits

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Has anyone installed these yet. I want to see the Red and Blue ones. there website does not show the colors just the name of them. They need pictures. They do not have to be on the wheels.
    I just ordered the ultra blue metallic set after e-mailing Pete as to which color blue would come closest to the blue Sceptre decals I ordered last year. Still a bit cold and yucky here, will post pics after install gets done but it might be a little bit, my wife is ordering the cognac ones for her cognac bike.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I went to the WRAPMYSPYDER.com the description says" *** fits spyder RT-RTS 15 inch *** but send/or call Pete @ WRAPMYSPDYER a message, and ask.

Deanna
    I sent them an email and they said if I had the 15" 12 spoke it should fit!