Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have an older hero3 black gopro - only glitch was the laptop didn't have a good driver in it. Cant beat the quality IMO.
    Amazed how the competition has come in to play and the prices are low!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Chances are Tyris already purchased one (based on date of post) but I just wanted to add one thing. I know you don’t want GoPro, but I was lucky and got the GoPro Hero 7 Black for Christmas. It definitely has a learning curve, but this thing blows me away! Just awesome, so if anyone is thinking of getting one I’d highly recommend it.
    Tyris-when im shopping I go to Amazon and click on the item I want. If you scroll down towards the bottom, Amazon lists other items in that category (usually much cheaper than name brand) and what people end up buying instead of the more expensive item. I use that as my starting point when doing some research on products.
    Good luck, hope you find what ur looking for.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

OK folks, let me share my experiences with the cameras. I added a vid camera to my helmet about 7 years ago primarily for snowmobiling. I don't recall the company but it was one of the lower end cameras and was OK. It eventually failed and parts were almost impossible to find so I upgraded to a Go Pro. I'll share a short video at the end of this post so you get an idea of the quality.

Two important take-aways; if you mount your camera to a rolling vehicle you will be surprised at how much vibration is shown, in many cases it's unwatchable. If you mount it to your helmet the camera will record what you're looking at whether it be just traffic or an interesting sight along the road. If it's mounted, you're going to just get that same view until you move the camera.

The second point I want to share is the Editing Program. If you want to share your video with others you will need to edit and produce your recording. No one wants to watch you putting on your gear, filling up with gas, or stopping to read a map, otherwise known as raw video. They want to "see the sights" so to speak. By editing out all the slow boring stuff your video will be far more interesting.

So, you need an Editing Program to take the video from the camera and produce the final project. It's not hard to do and the more you do it, the better you'll get. There's lots of programs out there. Either On-line or your nearest Best Buy store might be a good starting point. The video that I'll share was edited on the Cyberlink Power Director program. As you can tell, this video has been uploaded to YouTube so it can be shared by anyone you choose. Just send the link in an email, it's as simple as that.

Lastly, these cameras and the editing take a lot of patience. My first couple of tries I had the camera pointed too low and all I came home with was a bunch of video of the dash and handlebars. But once you master it I think you'll be very pleased with some of the memories you can bring home from a ride. Good luck if you choose to pursue this.

Here's a short sample of my work. I don't have anything from the Spyder yet but I have quite a bit of the sport of snowmobiling in my home state of Wisconsin. Click on the link to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QBM5uic6qM&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsMIzPXliL0

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

I didn’t watch your videos yet but you make great points. I just want you to know that imo GoPro did a great job w stabilization w the 7 Black. I had it mounted on Ram mount that was on my SpyderCuff. It shook like crazy the whole (but short) ride. I was amazed when I got home and watched it. No shaking at all. Looks almost as good as handheld/gimbal. I’m gonna try to upload some videos on YouTube so u guys can see the 7 Black in action. This is my first GoPro and I’m very impressed.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne