Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Banned

Spyder Garage

Default Banned

Hi folks,

Apparently, Pete Nixon ( UtahPete on here ) is now permanetly banned.

I do not in fact know, but he has contacted me as he says it seems to be such.

He has asked me to inform you.

Also, if anyone wants his email address to contact him, drop me an email at:

jerrybaumchen(at)gmail(dot)com

I will forward it onto Pete & he can decide to contact you or not.

This will be my only involvement in this.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Did not see anything on it would be nice to know what happened... and direct to banned....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I don't know anything either. Very Strange

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Political posting will do that. There was a string of deleted and closed threads. The warnings were out there. Sorry to hear of it though.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-14-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Personally, SL will be better without him.
    Good riddance.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Even though I agreed with much of what he wrote I really wondered at times if he wasn't pushing the limits. I know a lot of you don't agree with what I write but I try to be somewhat objective in presenting my thoughts. Hope is lost when we can no longer discuss things rationally.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had some interesting conversations with him on the site and one on one. Too bad.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that he is gone, as i found a lot of what he said to have good merrit. Too bad that politics has to invaid the site and show peoples ugly internals.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

No comment one way or the other as to him being banned. But I will say that I have seen a lot of threads on this forum disintegrate with political snipes, personal attacks, etc. I try not to take things personally, but there have been times when I have, and then have not even lurked, much less posted. Just my opinion, but I think that Lamont started this forum as a way for folks to get to know one another, exchange ideas, help each other with technical advice, have some fun, and so on. That threads here so often go downhill - to the point that the purpose of the original thread is all but lost - makes me think sometimes why I even bother. That said, I have made friends here (I hope), both personally and on the forum as well. Maybe it's time for everybody to just take a breath and relax a bit. Smoke a cigar. Have a cocktail. Have some fun. Be a friend. Again, just my opinion.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Kinda stumbled on the thread. I usually don't read the political threads. I'm more into the tech side or met or greet threads. Politics and religion threads doesn't go well on forums. Especially Spyder or motorcycle ones. Myself I am a christian and don't try and push my views on others. So I kinda like to stay mellow. Hate to see anyone ban, but I don't make or enforce the rules.
    thanks, David

Spyder Garage

Default Freedom of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Sorry to hear that he is gone, as i found a lot of what he said to have good merrit. Too bad that politics has to invaid the site and show peoples ugly internals.
    Attributed to Voltaire is the comment, "I may not agree with a word that you say, but will defend to the death, you're right to say it".
    There are categories within the SpyderLovers forum for almost every topic relating to the type of Spyder a person may have, and it would appear, to some non Spyder related topics. Perhaps his comments could have been posted in one of those categories.........?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry as well, I thought that Pete was a breath of fresh air around here. I appreciated his counter point to the ultra conservative majority on this board. Hope Lamont allows him back.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Spyder Garage

Pete,

Has your P.M. privileges also been taken away. I just sent a P.M. If they have been taken away, click on Thank for this post. I'm just trying to get my numbers up for Thank for this post; of course I'll accept Like this post.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete was always pushing the limits...
    You fly too close to the Sun: you get burned.

icarus.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-14-2017 at 08:07 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Pete was always pushing the limits...
    You fly too close to the Sun: you get burned.

icarus.jpg
    Or, you get thrown under the bus.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If he's under a bus: he landed there through his own actions and words...

JerryB
    Message sent, and thanks!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe it depends on which sun you fly to close too??????
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    Personally, SL will be better without him.
    Good riddance.
    I deleted a few posts and at least 1 thread because of Petes comments/complaints about the political or semi-political nature of them, yet he seemed to me to be one of the biggest offenders on here, and he always seemed so negative about everything.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

life goes on and as long as he has a it can still be fun

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He might be able to apologize to the Boss, and be able to get back on the forum...

He's still listed as a member; this may all be subject to change... depending on what Pete chooses to do.

Speaking personally: He and I disagreed on just about everything. But I rarely reported any of his posts. Only the most blatant political statements were "sent upstairs".
    The problem: he made an awful lot of them!

In order to preserve order: Lamont really had little choice.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-14-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I personally think that the post that broke the camels back, went on too long anyway. If things get too political, the post should just be deleted. Sooner or later people would get the idea. I see a load of post that I don't agree with, and the comments kind of piss me off. But I just ignore them and move on. We all have to live together, so why not get along during this time and have fun.
    I am active on the M109 forums, and some of those guys are way left, and some are way right. But when we get together every year, for the past 9, all we can think about is having fun and being brothers. We see no politic, no color, no religion, etc. Just fellow riders that would do anything for each other.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's all about the bikes anyway...

Spyder Garage

Hi Pirate,

Re: Sorry as well, I thought that Pete was a breath of fresh air around here. I appreciated his counter point to the ultra conservative majority on this board.

I agree with you.

Pete says that he cannot even access this website; so PM's will not work.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

One thing about pete......... He was always correct, whether he was wrong or not.