Spyder Garage

Default On a lighter note, did you notice every time your S.S. check increases,

your monthly medicare bill (Part A, I think) increases? How does that happen?

As it turns out, this year I'm $7 ahead per month with my SS check. I need to send a thank you card to someone, but don't know who?

Jack,

If you read this, I'm thinking of purchasing another Guy Harvey hoodie with the extra cash. I bought one at Guy Harvey's store, in the Cayman's, to wear to work to see if someone tells me not to wear it. So far so good. Of course the hood is in the relaxed mode at work. It's actually a hoodie shirt; so, I don't know if that counts.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-12-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats....👍

Mine has now gone up for the cost of living increase but the deductions make the final check smaller than last year... if you find who to thank tell them I'm looking for them....and
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Mine has now gone up for the cost of living increase but the deductions make the final check smaller than last year... if you find who to thank tell them I'm looking for them....and
    Ditto. But hey, what do you expect from an "entitlement" program. I guess we're lucky that we actually get something.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks ??

I gained a whopping $1 per month.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

Actually it is your part(B). And yes I have noticed that . In fact it seems that by the time I get my COLA enough other things have gone up by about that same amount that I am behind.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Dang Jack that is like WOW..

As it turns out, this year I'm $7 ahead per month with my SS check. I need to send a thank you card to someone, but don't know who?

Jack,

If you read this, I'm thinking of purchasing another Guy Harvey hoodie with the extra cash. I bought one at Guy Harvey's store, in the Cayman's, to wear to work to see if someone tells me not to wear it. So far so good. Of course the hood is in the relaxed mode at work. It's actually a hoodie shirt; so, I don't know if that counts.
    My net increase was $1....the wonders o Government spending at work. Oh well, I can still ryde...Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm either lucky or live right, I don't know which! I have a whopping $10 increase from 2017 to 2018. First net increase since 2015!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have not received any notification from SS yet. I will live in blissful ignorance until such time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

at least you are getting a check. by the time I ever get that age, it will be long gone
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Well, my ss income was suppose to increase by 2% according to the politicians who want my vote. The reality is that my medicare payment increased by 28%. That makes my 2% increase a whopping $12.00 They givith and they takeith away.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

your monthly medicare bill (Part A, I think) increases?
    Not for those on socialized medicine. VA.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Not for those on socialized medicine. VA.
    If you go to the VA, when you're at the age for Medicare, you must have a service connected disability; I don't have one of those.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My increase is $25, however, I don't have to enroll in medicare yet. Max earnings for those that work and are under age 66 (full retirement age) increased to $17,040. Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad that I've still got a bit over five years to wait for all of this. It'll have some time to get sorted out... I HOPE!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your government wants EVERY DOLLAR YOU HAVE !!! ... (please read the previous statement again) then think... there are 100 Senators in Congress... and there are 435 Representatives in the house ... their soul purpose is to dream up new ways how they can implement NEW TAXES... they won't stop until they get 100% of every dollar you have....

osm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the increase I'm going to get, I'll be able celebrate once a month by going to McDonalds, now that they have $1.00 meals.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    Your government wants EVERY DOLLAR YOU HAVE !!! ... (please read the previous statement again) then think... there are 100 Senators in Congress... and there are 435 Representatives in the house ... their soul purpose is to dream up new ways how they can implement NEW TAXES... they won't stop until they get 100% of every dollar you have.... osm
    Assuming you're right, what is your solution?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you go to the VA, when you're at the age for Medicare, you must have a service connected disability; I don't have one of those.
    That's not correct. But, it doesn't matter.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete,

Re: That's not correct. But, it doesn't matter.

You beat me to it. My brother and a number of friends go to the VA and I know that they do not have any 'service connected' disabilities.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) For over 35 yrs now, I have been saying: The average American voter is uninformed and prefers to stay that way.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Pete, Re: That's not correct. But, it doesn't matter. You beat me to it. My brother and a number of friends go to the VA and I know that they do not have any 'service connected' disabilities. Jerry Baumchen PS) For over 35 yrs now, I have been saying: The average American voter is uninformed and prefers to stay that way.
    Yup. As a boots-on-the-ground Vietnam combat veteran, I get all my medical care at the VA for the last 9 years, ever since they expanded the eligibility to include people like me (not retired military, don't have a combat-related disability, but was in-country in an active war zone). Prior to that, I was exposed to all the horrors of the civilian health-care payment system, with its pre-existing condition exclusions and the like.

The average American voter is uninformed and prefers to stay that way. Exactly; explains a lot of the stupidity of recent years.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's not correct. But, it doesn't matter.
    I was going to the VA. If I continued to go, I would have been paying what I would have to a private physician for office visits, and any surgery would have been the going rate at non-VA hospitals. I was going to provide a link; but, since you like to argue over every little thing, I won't bother. I have Tricare for Life, which also changes my eligibility and classification with the VA.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was going to the VA. If I continued to go, I would have been paying what I would have to a private physician for office visits, and any surgery would have been the going rate at non-VA hospitals. I was going to provide a link; but, since you like to argue over every little thing, I won't bother.
    No, I don't.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Pete,

Re: That's not correct. But, it doesn't matter.

You beat me to it. My brother and a number of friends go to the VA and I know that they do not have any 'service connected' disabilities.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) For over 35 yrs now, I have been saying: The average American voter is uninformed and prefers to stay that way.
    Jerry,

I thought for some reason that UP was retired military. But, before they originally let me into the VA for health services (under a waiver), I had to meet a ceiling threshold for income. That came about I believe in 2005. So, if you were lucky enough to enroll in the VA before that year (which I am not sure of), you could have income of any amount and still qualify for VA services. When I was going, I was in a category that had to pay; but, it was no where close to going outside the VA.

I actually wrote a letter to Hillary when she was a Representative of NY. She was useless, and knew less about the VA than she knew about her husband. Bob D., are you snickering at that comment?
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I actually wrote a letter to Hillary when she was a Representative of NY. She was useless, and knew less about the VA than she knew about her husband. Bob D., are you snickering at that comment?
    I wouldn't expect any politician to know much about the VA, but I like the comment anyhow. They were both out of touch with the common man.
    2014 RTL Platinum