Spyder Garage

Cool The 998 ST is the only Spyder for me

I saw this article posted on Facebook and wanted to share it here.

My name is Jay MacLeod. I have over 200,000 miles on Spyders and over 300,000 miles on two wheelers.
    I have ridden everything from dirt, to street and touring bikes. The 998 ST has them all beat. It is the perfect combination of sport and touring. It can take a pounding in the twisties and ask for more. I have ridden the Dragon, Cherohala, Six Gap, Diamondback Rattler, and Three Sisters just to name a few. Have done some of them on the 1330 which was not as fun to me as the 998. I prefer a higher rev and the cornering of the 998. The maintenance schedule doesn’t matter to me, I love the 998; it is almost bullet proof. I have nothing against the F3 or RT. The 1330 will be a great motor, and there are logical reasons to upgrade, but the love is not there. The sleek sexy lines are not there for me. I always kiss my hand and touch my ST on the BRP logo as I get off and go in and I tell Tonto (the name of my ST) I will see him soon. As I walk away I always look back at my ST. When I ryde my ST we are one; there is no man and machine. We move as one a flawless motion dancing in the curves, gliding on the road....read more at link below....
    http://spyderlife.net/2017/11/29/998-st-spyder/
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ride what you love and love what you ride. What could be better than that? We have one of each. She Who Must Be Obeyed rides a 2012 RT Limited and mine is a 2015 RT-S. We both love our machines although I do enjoy riding hers now and then because it's so much fun. Oh, did I say that out loud? Don't tell her!

Best of holiday wishes from way south in San Antonio.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Couldn't agree with all on the 998 more.

We (the wife and I) just spent the summer doing the back roads of PA, VT, NH and Maine in 3rd and 4th gear. The gears ratios are perfect for the 998 once you learn to let it wind out a bit. Did take my old Gold Wing ears a while to learn that, but I'm happy as a clam with that engine now.

Spyder Garage

I am lucky to have one of each engine configuration. The best of both worlds.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Always awesome to hear owners that are extremely happy with their purchases. Too many times we hear of issues or complaints, just like with everything else in the world, great to hear the latter