Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Well didn't this Train-Wreck get ugly...

way too soon...........we just had a train wreck here on Monday

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I prefer to think of what I do is provoke thoughtful responses to issues or alternative viewpoints.
    You got me good.

Spyder Garage

I bought a hoodie for my 14 year old granddaughter and she loves it. Her favorite was the tenth anniversary hoodie until she got this new one. Everybody knows how much she loves Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Default Racist?

I think to read racist into that comment one must be a racist , or hate whites, blacks, browns or anyone that wears hoodies and robs 7-11s .
    Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope!
    I seen the comment as very funny and saw the response to it as completely ludicrous, shallow, very narrow minded, someone really needs to look inward and take a breath.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I think to read racist into that comment one must be a racist , or hate whites, blacks, browns or anyone that wears hoodies and robs 7-11s .
    Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope!
    I seen the comment as very funny and saw the response to it as completely ludicrous, shallow, very narrow minded, someone really needs to look inward and take a breath.
    You got me. You can put me on the side that doesn't think too much of someone robbing someone else. By what you wrote, you must think it's okay.

Okay UP, what am I missing.

Spyder Garage

I've already got half you people on my ignore list.
    Is there a way I can put the entire thread on ignore ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You got me. You can put me on the side that doesn't think too much of someone robbing someone else. By what you wrote, you must think it's okay.

Okay UP, what am I missing.
    What I was trying to say is that if you thought that comment was Racist, you had to think that anyone who would pull a hoodie over their head and rob a 7-11 had to be black, and to think that, one must be very narrow minded or a closet racist , or just wanted to stir up trouble and see how big a fire they could build. I personally dislike all thief's. I only made a comment because (A) I thought it was a ridiculous comment and (B) I had some free time on my hands. Now I have to get back to work, pick up a stick and beat my subcontractors into submission .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I've already got half you people on my ignore list.
    Is there a way I can put the entire thread on ignore ?

Yes, don't click on the thread

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    Now that's funny!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Now I have to get back to work, pick up a stick and beat my subcontractors into submission .
    Any wearing hoodies?

Spyder Garage

I maybe completely off base, but the comment was racist to me. There are some who are offended by racist comments. It's just a guess.
    There is nothing either (a) racist or (b) offensive (let alone "incredibly" offensive) about the original comment. Period. The OP associates hoodies with robbers. So what? I've watched enough of the evening news to get the humor in that because indeed, it seems like robbers often wear hoodies. What I don't get is what's offensive about that. If it's offensive to anybody, it's the group of "robbers" but last time I checked, "robbers" are not a cognizable ethnic or racial group in America and to my knowledge there is no one in this forum who self-identifies as "robber" anyway. Moreover, since race wasn't mentioned, there's also nothing "racist" about original comment. The only way this becomes "racist" is if the self-proclaimed offended party attributes all robberies to one particular race -- an assumption which is not only ridiculous, it's also extremely racist and offensive in and of itself. One race does not "own" hoodies. That's easy enough to see every time I go to the gym.
    Last edited by johnsimion; 12-21-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Any wearing hoodies?
    Almost all of them! actually most of the crews are great young men just trying to earn an honest living by working their asses of in all kinds of weather. I stay on my job site in an RV and my wife and I BBQ or make hot lunch for 25 to 30 tradesman several times a month. It goes a long way helping the morale on the job and does not hurt when I ask for a favor time to time. And when I get after them for safety issues I don't come off as an uncaring bastard that just wants production at all cost.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    There is nothing either (a) racist or (b) offensive (let alone "incredibly" offensive) about the original comment. Period. The OP associates hoodies with robbers. So what? I've watched enough of the evening news to get the humor in that because indeed, it seems like robbers often wear hoodies. What I don't get is what's offensive about that. If it's offensive to anybody, it's the group of "robbers" but last time I checked, "robbers" are not a cognizable ethnic or racial group in America and to my knowledge there is no one in this forum who self-identifies as "robber" anyway. Moreover, since race wasn't mentioned, there's also nothing "racist" about original comment. The only way this becomes "racist" is if the self-proclaimed offended party attributes all robberies to one particular race -- an assumption which is not only ridiculous, it's also extremely racist and offensive in and of itself. One race does not "own" hoodies. That's easy enough to see every time I go to the gym.
    Did I say it was offensive? If you think I did, go back and read post #20.

My comment was also based on the evening news for the area where I live. A high percentage of convenience store or fast food robberies are committed by blacks wearing hoodies; notice I said the area where I live. Is it the same in other areas? How would I know. Based on what you have said, when a member of SL's asked me for directions a few years back, when visiting Syracuse, and I told him to avoid a certain exit off the highway because of the shootings, stabbings, and robberies in that area, I must be racist because that section is mainly comprised of blacks. Once again, on the evening news for that area when arrests are made you get to see who committed the act.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-21-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

I saw nothing in the post in question that mentioned race at all. I have seen pictures ofpeople of many races that have committed crimes wearing a hoodie. Some people just look for things to be offended about.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

People of all colors rob 7-11s wearing hoodies, that's a fact.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Still a free country you can have your say and so does everyone else

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I think you meant, People of all colors rob 7-11s wearing all types of clothing.

The original comment implying that a hoodie will give you the urge to rob, is from a narrow minded idiot that obviously judges people by the way they look or what they wear.
    No, Joel, that's not at all what I meant. Google "7-11 robbers hoodies" and you will find many, many stories of people wearing hoodies robbing convenience stores. I would not recommend that you walk into a 7-11, or any convenience store, in Las Vegas wearing a hoodie with the hood up.

Lighten up
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Angry THANKS FOR HIJACKING THE THREAD

THEAD HIJACKERS
    NOW BACK TO THE ORIGIONAL SUBJECT

I just received and washed my new Tee and Hoody .......The fabric is nice and quality, the Tee is a Hanes, the Hoody is a Gildan (?). The printing looks like it was printed with a "laser printer" set to "economy"
    On the Tee the printing is nice and sharp. On the Hoody, it looks a little fuzzy, a little out of focus. I think the difference is from the thickness of the fabric. IMO, the Tee is about $5.00 over priced and the Hoody, about $15.00 over priced. BUT for custom printing, of what your life is about, that's ok.

So I'm very happy with my purchase.

PocoToro, the Jersey Bull

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry PocoToro

I apologize.

You might consider deleting the original post, which gets rid of all the garbage that followed, and repost results of your purchase in a new thread. I promise to stay off. Once again, I apologize.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a question:

Since I still enjoy wearing my SpyderFest Hoodie: should I be concerned, if any abhorrent behaviors start showing up?

I know that I'm guilty of TONS of things; few of them are actually indictable...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default My Appogies to PocoToro, ofDave, and JAS POWER

To PocoToro - I am sorry that I entered a response that derailed your post.

To ofDave - I am sorry if my response to your joke inferred any negative feelings towards you. That was not my intent. I was responding to the words and not to you as the writer. I realized after posting that my comment was too harsh and inelegantly written but did not know that there was a way to edit a post after it was responded too. Therefore I tried to stay away from this thread to avoid further offending forum members.

To JAS POWER - thank you for your help.

And thank you to those of you who agreed with my opinion or at the least, my right to have an opinion.

And to all, I hope you enjoy the holiday season and have a happy new year.

CC

Spyder Garage

So, about those shirts......
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White