Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Miles you rode this year and special memorable trips

Weather here in Chicago has finally turned too ugly to ride. But not until I got 10K miles in this year. My highest total so far. And that is with no long trips. It was all commuting and going out at night after work. I did in a forest preserve. Its small, so I go up and down several of the best roads. I wish I lived in a place where I had more available.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Head South to Springfield, Missouri in May...

This was my shortest year of riding:
    My most memorable trip, was riding my RT-L back to the dealership to trade it in: but that was on June 27th!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This year was a busy year and we had less time to ride , we both only got in around 15,000 miles as we were selling our home and had to thin the plunder out and put the remaining in storage . Our memorable trip was a 4,465 mile ride from Oregon to Yellowstone to Glacier Park, back down to Hell's Canyon then over the Wallowa's then back home.
    Glacier Park Ride 009.jpg Glacier Park Ride 096.jpg Glacier Park Ride 104.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My most memorable trip would have to be the one at the end of April. That is when I went to Gatlinburg, Tn. on my 2012 RSS, and had my 2016 F3T delivered to me in a Walmart parking lot. That 4 day trip accumulated about 1600 miles.
    My next trip was to Staunton, Va. for the annual M109R meet in mid June. There I had a chance for my spyder to really stretch it's legs, as the break-in period was over. On this 5 day trip, it accumulated another 1700 miles.
    My next trip was with another spyder friend of mine in early October. We did the entire length of the BRP and Skyline Drive in 3 days. This was another total of around 1500 miles
    My last trip was to the Spyder Rally held in Maggie Valley. As always, we had a good time. This trip was in the middle of October, and we were there for 5 days and totaled about 1800 miles. Total number of miles during my 7+ months of ownership, 9k+.
    Last edited by blacklightning; 12-05-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

2017 was a good year of riding for us.

2016 was my medical year. I had three heart procedures and a hip surgery. We put a total of 4600 miles on two Spyders. My lowest year of riding in over a decade.

2017 we did better. 11000 miles on two 's. No special trips--just enjoying the countryside and my new found freedom from health issues.

I even purchased another two wheeler. I put 3079 miles on that between June 28 and shutdown on Oct 11.

Riding season start 4/6 and shutdown (ice and snow on roads) 10/11. Not our longest riding season--but a good one. 14,000 miles and change.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default We bought our RT in January..

and currently have 17,800 miles on it, but the year isn't over. The longest and most memorable trip was to Nova Scotia and we racked up a tad over 5000. Four trips to Maggie Valley including the rally in October. I have two wheelers in the garage as well so current ride total is at 24,000 so far this year. Retirement helps

2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MILES & SMILES

.... About 11,000 ..... The BRP event was OK ( bad weather ), but I did find my Motel .... with only 6 lines of directions on a piece of paper ..... I did do SpyderFest , but again Bad weather ( Hurricane ) ..... SpyderQuest , excellent weather ...... and Maggie Valley Rally even better than Excellent weather and met some Fantastic folks from Spyderlovers and non-members ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Did about 10,000 miles this year so far. Best ride was when Cynthia and I went to Montrose CO. over July 4th. Great trip in spite of hitting a dog on the way over.P1050482.jpgP1050494.jpg

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Black Hills

Wonderful 2week trip from Reno to the Black Hills, Devils Tower, and Cody WY. Great time and the NEVER skipped a beat.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow