SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PUT some GEL into your life

This is an easy and worthwhile fix for your sore bum....
    the picture on the left is my seat on my Spyder it is a highly modified Corbin with Gel front and back the upholstery is MicroFiber &
    Ultra leather, it's like sitting in your recliner.
    You can do this to your seat, the next picture to it is showing that all you do is cut out the foam in your seat and install the gel and memory foam in it's place,
    note: the one on the right has a cut out for this persons broken tail bone worked quite well.
    My Conformax Gel with memory foam kit comes with everything you need to install
    even the knife to cut the foam all for only $79.95.
    Full custom upholstery is available lets talk, give me a call

Christmas hours.jpgMicro Fiber & Ultra Leather.jpg20150718_151720.jpgIMG_6822.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

How does it work on the comfort seat RS..? What about the passenger seat...? Or is this driver only kinda thing...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    How does it work on the comfort seat RS..? What about the passenger seat...? Or is this driver only kinda thing...
    I fitted one in my stock seat and its worked well. Did just over 12 hours non-stop in the saddle (other than the 6 petrol stops:-)) and no issues. There would be room for a second one for the pillion - I will check that for you by putting the spare I bought over the pillion seat. Don't think the comfort seat would be that different.

It's not ultra-soft or anything. If you pushed down on the seat with your hand after you've fitted it you'd not notice much difference. But what it does is remove the pressure points and that makes a big difference over time. Certainly had no discomfort at all after the 12 hour ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Will have to get with Dave about getting it. Old age tends to leave you short of padding in the seat....(butt)...

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    I fitted one in my stock seat and its worked well. Did just over 12 hours non-stop in the saddle (other than the 6 petrol stops:-)) and no issues. There would be room for a second one for the pillion - I will check that for you by putting the spare I bought over the pillion seat. Don't think the comfort seat would be that different.

It's not ultra-soft or anything. If you pushed down on the seat with your hand after you've fitted it you'd not notice much difference. But what it does is remove the pressure points and that makes a big difference over time. Certainly had no discomfort at all after the 12 hour ride.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Dave’s Gel is the Greatest!

I installed Dave’s Gel pads in my 2015 RT-S last spring before I went to Canada. I put 2500 miles on in 7 days and never gave my backside a single thought. Considering the fact that I have 3 lumbar fusions and have had both hips replaced, that’s high praise!

Spyder Garage

turned my 2 hour seat into an all day seat.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Hi Gene,

Re: Will have to get with Dave about getting it. Old age tends to leave you short of padding in the seat....(butt)...

I'm on my laptop ( no photos ) but once I get back on my desktop I'll put up some photos of my Dave's Mod to my Corbin seat.

At first I only wanted the front seat done as I only ride single. But, I did not like the look of the Dave's Mod in the front & the leatherette on the rear. So, I sent Dave my rear seat and had them matched.

I cannot imagine what in the H*** BRP was thinking when they designed that stock seat. It's right up there with the rack in a dungeon.

Kudo to Dave,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5