Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The first time for me was last night. After stopping at an intersection and turning right onto a perpendicular road, I must have accelerated too quickly before straightening out and the nanny kicked in briefly. It kinda surprised me because I didn't think what I did sound have caused it to lock in, but I guess she is smarter than I am
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    I have read multiple posts from people who have had the nanny kick in. What EXACTLY were you doing when it happened? For example instead of saying going too fast around a curve, say something like doing 65 in a curve marked for 45 mph. Also did you have a passenger or lots of luggage?

I look forward to your answers.

Thanks.

P.S. Possible bonus points for the people who wish they could turn off the nanny (I actually only remember one). Why do you want to turn it off?
    I'm amused by your topic title. I don't think I use the nanny, but she disciplines me when I ryde a bit too aggressively.

It happens when I take a curve too fast. The first time it really startled me. Suddenly the power dropped and I felt the right front wheel touch back down to the pavement!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Coming home from the east coast to Las Vegas. I70 in Utah hit water running across the road at 75mph with cruise on. The F3L wiggled, the nanny light flashed and I was going strait down the highway with the cruise shut off. Thanks BRP!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default As others have said

Riding at night on a single lane road I was not familiar with. A creek was over the road and going down hill I didn't see it until I was in it. Saw the nanny light while I was drifting (in the water) Had enough momentum even when the nanny chopped throttle I made it across water and back on road in linear fashion. Was over driving headlights, could have been much worse.
    Ranman42