Thread: Oooops!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Bye bye prop guy.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

It is hard to determine if in fact that was an 1870 Martin that was destroyed. The 8 second view did not provide enough time to check things out.

Usually in movies, they do not use the real stuff for breakable props. Hopefully that was the situation here.

Some quick history: Martin has been building fine guitars since 1833. The older "vintage" models can sell at auction for upwards of $50,000. It all depends on a number of factors.

They have become the standard for many artists. My two prize guitars are acoustic Martins. My favorite is a D-28. It beats everything else that I own as far as tone and playability. Both were purchased in the last 10 years--so they are not on the "valuable" list.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-29-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My Dad bought his D-28 in 1938 and I still have it. It was his second one as a horse put it's foot through the first one. He passed away at 81, twenty five years ago and I miss him nearly every day. He gave me my love for music and travel .
    Dad and Smokey.jpg Dad on Bike.jpg Hunting rabbits.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Really....😲

This one is hard too swallow...I don't think they would have used a original for something like this. The surroundings just right for a J C Higgins special...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

That's what I thought , but googled it and it looks like it did happen, but I never believe everything I see on the internet.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    My Dad bought his D-28 in 1938 and I still have it. It was his second one as a horse put it's foot through the first one. He passed away at 81, twenty five years ago and I miss him nearly every day. He gave me my love for music and travel .
    Dad and Smokey.jpg Dad on Bike.jpg Hunting rabbits.jpg
    Hang on to that one. It is worth some bucks as well as being a family keepsake.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Hang on to that one. It is worth some bucks as well as being a family keepsake.
    It lives in my gun safe .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant