Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

US 395 north of Palmdale, CA is largely desert although there are some interesting spots along the way such as Mono Lake. Much of that road is three lanes (one in each direction and a "suicide" lane in the middle - like the southern portion of PCH used to be. Not much traffic but not much to see either until way up north.

Spyder Garage

Default Great suggestions...

Now I will open this south-north west coast leg of our Four Corners Tour and start working with the suggestions from RinconRyder and IdahoMtSpyder.

If I come with other questions about routing this trip I know I can get some good input for our consideration from the members here.

Thanks again guys!
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

I have travelled north on 395 in CA many times & love it.

Mono Lake is a gem
    At Big Pine you can take 168 up to see the ancient Bristlecone pines. There is a fantastic view of the Sierras as you come back down again to US 395
    The Sierras are on your left from Lone Pine north to Lee Vining & are a great sight.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default North out of San Ysidro

Basecamp sort of developed this route using the criteria I imposed... no interstates, no residential streets. I saved this segment, moved to Google Earth, saved it from there into a local folder the used Google maps via My Places/Maps/Create Map to open it up, name it and save in Google Maps My Places so I could have a link to imbed here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.4949...Si5AhReykZ6aAl

Would need to be broken into two or three days.

Comments on this segment of this route?
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin