Spyder Garage

Default First big long ride alone.

Starting last Monday I took off on a solo adventure. I made a run to Big Bend National Park. It was a great ride. It was a place that I never expected to be that captivating. What a great place to ride! The scenery is outstanding and the roads were great. Highly recommended.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Morturf View Post
    Starting last Monday I took off on a solo adventure. I made a run to Big Bend National Park. It was a great ride. It was a place that I never expected to be that captivating. What a great place to ride! The scenery is outstanding and the roads were great. Highly recommended.

WOW, that's an adventure indeed; going that far this time of year can be risky business with weather that can turn nasty in the blink of an eye.

Good on you for getting out there.

Hoping you had time to see some other sites in the lone star state. Our hill country area is some of the best riding you will find anywhere in the country.

klc
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! I am the squeemish type. I love to ride, but I never go more than about 200 miles alone. Guess I like to have company around for the unexpected. I also am just a great guy to be around.
    But really, great for you getting out there. I hope to do the same one day soon.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear...

Loved ryding around Texas the two times I lived there. Did many solo rides (no spyder then) and do like to from time to time even here in Southern California. You must have had a wonderful time and cleared many things from your mind at least during the ryde...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Morturf View Post
    Solo riding I think turns a trip into an adventure. I really look forward to my annual week-long solo adventures.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Nice. How long a ride was that?
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

The total was 2800 for the week. I cut it short by a few days because the weather closed in at home. You were really right about clearing the mind. I took whatever route I wanted and rode as long or short as I cared to. Was awesome and I will do it again soon!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Each ride gets easier and eventually the apprehension is gone away.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-04-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red