Spyder Garage

Default What colour code/referance is Orange/Red?

I have a 2015/16 F3-S as picture here. The framework/chassis is Orange in my opinion but on looking in the workshop manual the only colour reference I can find for this model is Dragon Red B-311 FBCH SOL 926050. On a previous model it is referred to as 'Viper Red' and on another as 'Can Am Red' all with the same paint reference.

I want to get the colour confirmed because I am ordering a complete body wrap so obviously want it to co-ordinate with my 'orange' frame. Any help or info would be much appreciated.
    Please don't lead me into temptation, I already know the way. I can resist everything except temptation.

Spyder Garage

I have the same bike and to me as to you it is orange!

Spyder Garage

Default Paint codes

Quote Originally Posted by F3Spyderman View Post
    I have a 2015/16 F3-S as picture here. The framework/chassis is Orange in my opinion but on looking in the workshop manual the only colour reference I can find for this model is Dragon Red B-311 FBCH SOL 926050. On a previous model it is referred to as 'Viper Red' and on another as 'Can Am Red' all with the same paint reference.

I want to get the colour confirmed because I am ordering a complete body wrap so obviously want it to co-ordinate with my 'orange' frame. Any help or info would be much appreciated.
    Go to this http://www.lamonstergarage.com/news/spyder-paint-codes/

Spyder Garage

Default Paint codes +

I've attached the paint codes. I've also heard the Dragon Red (orange) referred to as "Chevy Engine Orange". I suggest you go to your local PPG paint store/supplier and provide them the code from the following and see what they have to say.

Rob

Paint Codes.jpg
    Last edited by robhowen; 11-26-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Although is does look to be more on the orange side, Dragon Red is correct.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Thanks for the link and suggestions Bruce and Rob. That paint page is the same as I already have from the workshop manual that I have quoted in my original post.

The problem is still, is it Red or is it Orange? I don't want to order my wrap in Red in case it is printed in red as we all know it, instead of orange that Can Am called red. If you get my meaning.

Will have to discuss it with AMR Racing who's doing my wrap, to make sure there's no misunderstanding.

Can Am sure make life difficult as they appear to have three different names, Dragon Red, Viper Red and Can Am Red all with the same colour code reference FBCH SOL 926250

I wish companies would use a standard colour system like the RAL system.
    Please don't lead me into temptation, I already know the way. I can resist everything except temptation.

Spyder Garage

I think what you are dealing with is what we would call orange for the 2015 F3 frame, CanAm calls Dragon Red. I continue to suggest you speak to someone from PPG as they might give you the best information for you to guide AMR racing for color match.

Rob

Thanks for the link and suggestions Bruce and Rob. That paint page is the same as I already have from the workshop manual that I have quoted in my original post.

The problem is still, is it Red or is it Orange? I don't want to order my wrap in Red in case it is printed in red as we all know it, instead of orange that Can Am called red. If you get my meaning.

Will have to discuss it with AMR Racing who's doing my wrap, to make sure there's no misunderstanding.

Can Am sure make life difficult as they appear to have three different names, Dragon Red, Viper Red and Can Am Red all with the same colour code reference FBCH SOL 926250

I wish companies would use a standard colour system like the RAL system.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I think what you are dealing with is what we would call orange for the 2015 F3 frame, CanAm calls Dragon Red. I continue to suggest you speak to someone from PPG as they might give you the best information for you to guide AMR racing for color match.

Rob
    Many thanks Rob for your help.

Paul.