Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Black Friday Shopping??

How'd you do? Any good sales?

I just "went along for the ride" and ended up buying a new pair of shoes and a new pistol. I'd have kept shoe shopping but my group was ready to leave, so I exercised some forbearance (I thought it had completely atrophied).
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Not me. I just don't like fighting the crowds. This is going to be a low key year for Christmas. Maybe something from the internet--but no specifics.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Amazon is my friend. Santa comes in a big brown truck.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default We're out.....

driving home on the freeway looking down to all the jammed parking lots and saying..."glad we're not in it"...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We did our part to help Jeff Bezos top the 100 Billion Dollar mark...
    (Which he did today! )
    Would I go anywhere NEAR a "Brick & Mortar" store today; no way in Hell!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I started cooking a turkey. Yea I know, it's a day late but it's the second one I've ever cooked. It still cooking. I used 'The Kimmer' method of turkey cooking using white wine. If you lived in Atlanta, you'd know what that is.

Spyder Garage

Wife fought the crowds and bought me 3 T-shirts. Getting ready for our Christmas gifts to each other, a Caribbean cruise starting 12/03.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Didn't need Black Friday to get a good deal...

My cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) struggled to hold a charge longer than 7 hours and my better half's phone (Samsung Note 2) started to shutdown and restart on its own. We went to Best Buy on Wednesday to see what kind of deals they were going to offer for Black Friday. When the sales rep told us she would give us the BF deal a day early, we selected our new phones (Samsung Note 8). Very grateful that we were able to completely avoid the crowds.
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Rider; 11-24-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thought I might have to join the frenzied Best Buy crowd at 5 PM on T-day to pick up a hot deal on a laptop but an alert from BFads.net on Wed said Best Buy Black Friday specials would be available online starting at midnight CT, 11 pm here in ID, on Wed night. So I hop onto an already slow running Best Buy site at about 11:02, put the laptop in the cart, and paid for it. All was done and I was off by 11:12! Their system was so heavily loaded they weren't able to add the Idaho sales tax onto it until a few hours later. Order status is still "being prepared" with delivery scheduled by Dec 1 but I got the confirmation email and the laptop and sales tax charges have gone through on my CC. Looks like it should be coming.

Home Depot had several items on their extended BF sales event so I ordered them online and picked them up in the store this evening. Crowded but not jam packed. Spent a lot more time wandering the aisles to see what was tempting than it took to check out.

Anyone want a free 6 month subscription to Trend Micro Internet Security? It was part of the laptop deal. I'll send you the product key after I get it. I've got a subscription for Norton Premium for the next 6 months plus a key for another 12 months and have no great desire to switch out for 6 months.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also have ordered some stuff online, as I do throughout the year. I've been watching the Amazon BF deals during the week.

The parking lots were full where we shopped, but it wasn't as crowded as I expected in the stores. The crowded conditions I did encounter were because there was so much merchandise stacked in the aisles. At the mall we parked near a Penney's and went through there to get into the mall. It was really difficult to walk through the place. Every time I am in a place like that I get concerned about what would happen if the fire alarm went off.

At Academy Sports it didn't seem bad at all, but I had to wait a long time to buy the pistol. I'd changed purses and didn't have my CC permit with me, so it took longer. There were lots of folks buying, apparently.
    Mac, I'd have had it shipped to the store for pick-up, just so I could go in and get that shopping-spree.gif experience!

I also don't know what I want until I see something in the store. That's how I "remembered" a-ha-.gifI needed a new pair of shoes - and another pistol!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We did our part to help Jeff Bezos top the 100 Billion Dollar mark...
    (Which he did today! )
    Would I go anywhere NEAR a "Brick & Mortar" store today; no way in Hell!
    then just wait. i prefer brick & mortar on most shopping. if you want online shopping only try geico & progressive.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Mac, I'd have had it shipped to the store for pick-up, just so I could go in and get that shopping-spree.gif experience!

I also don't know what I want until I see something in the store. That's how I "remembered" a-ha-.gifI needed a new pair of shoes - and another pistol!
    A report on Black Friday shopping I heard on NPR said that stores are beginning to realize the value of, and capitalize on, the practice of online ordering and in-store pickup. The customer gets the convenience of online ordering and the store gets the benefit of impulse buying once the customer is in the store! Happened to me yesterday when I stopped at Home Depot to pick up my order!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)