Thread: Road Side Help.

Spyder Garage

Default Road Side Help.

Just got back from a meeting with my State Farm Insurance Agent. I asked why didn't State Farm offer Road Side Assistance for motorcycles. She looked at my policy and saw I have it for my car. A phone call later, we found out, If you have your car and motorcycle fully covered then the Road Side Assistance that covers your car, ALSO covers your motorcycle!!!!

For those of you who have State Farm, you might want to check it out. OR does someone know something I don't know?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the heads up on that.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Never looked but now have a reason to check into it. Never had to use it but always good to know.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to know
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thanks for digging deep enough to find this, I'll go back to my SF Insurance Agent who's office couldn't find this somehow....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Please letme know what yall find. Is it local, state or US wide that this is offered thru SF?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default State Farm

I asked my State Farm agent (my stepson) about this yesterday at dinner and he said that he would check. When he gets back to me I'll get back to you.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, but ...

Thanks for the info, but I hope you never require assistance as look how hard it was for you to determine if you were covered. What do you think will happen when you call to get help? Personally, I've only found AAA to be consistently reliable.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default AAA Road Side Assitance/Verses State Farm

I had a very bad experience with AAA a few months ago in Kingman Arizona. After having lunch one day when I went to leave my batter was dead. I called AAA who I have been a member for almost 30 years refused to come out and jump my Spyder,in fact the women on the other end hung up on me when I tried to argue why? I also am a member of AMA and when I called them they sent a truck right out and jumped started my Spyder.......Needless to say my respect for AAA went in the toilet. I too have State Farm and I will check to see if I'm covered by them too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Just got back from a meeting with my State Farm Insurance Agent. I asked why didn't State Farm offer Road Side Assistance for motorcycles. She looked at my policy and saw I have it for my car. A phone call later, we found out, If you have your car and motorcycle fully covered then the Road Side Assistance that covers your car, ALSO covers your motorcycle!!!!

For those of you who have State Farm, you might want to check it out. OR does someone know something I don't know?
    I have AAA Plus RV. (includes motorcycles)
    They have to tow me 200 miles once a year then 100 miles twice a year.
    They give me an exclusive 800 number where (they say) a sexy voice will assist me with priority.
    They also will pay hotel and give me a warm bath.....

I'm sticking with AAA and at $160.00 a year they cant be beat.

Spyder Garage

Anyone else find out more information about State Farm road side assistance passes on to the motorcycle?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

+1 to Road Kill concerning AAA Plus RV. I wonder if Montery's problem was that he didn't have the "Plus RV" add-on.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    +1 to Road Kill concerning AAA Plus RV. I wonder if Montery's problem was that he didn't have the "Plus RV" add-on.
    Without the RV or Plus RV......AAA will not touch anything but a car.

RV= 100 miles of towing
    RV Plus = 200 miles of towing

My attitude: for $160.00 yearly they have to tow me 200 miles once a year and 100 miles twice a year and provide a sexy voice to answer my call for help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Montery View Post
    I had a very bad experience with AAA a few months ago in Kingman Arizona. After having lunch one day when I went to leave my batter was dead. I called AAA who I have been a member for almost 30 years refused to come out and jump my Spyder,in fact the women on the other end hung up on me when I tried to argue why? I also am a member of AMA and when I called them they sent a truck right out and jumped started my Spyder.......Needless to say my respect for AAA went in the toilet. I too have State Farm and I will check to see if I'm covered by them too.
    Because you asked for something you did not pay for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post

RV= 100 miles of towing

My attitude: for $160.00 yearly they have to tow me 200 miles once a year and 100 miles twice a year and provide a sexy voice to answer my call for help.

We don't have RV or RV Plus, and AAA came out and jumped our Spyder last summer.

Spyder Garage

thanks for the post. I checked with my agent and I have roadside coverage on my RAM and on my Spyder RT.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I checked with my agent in Minnesota, and they told me thru State Farm they do not have road side assistance for motorcycles. I was really bummed. Rode with some friends a couple years ago that had bike trouble. They thought that was no problem, they had AAA. Called them, and they were told the bike wasn't covered. They needed a separate policy for motorcycles. Now when we travel, the enclosed is attached to the truck with ties downs and wheel chock in place. I call my dad. He's a lot more reliable.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FYI - I just renewed my annual AAA membership and asked about motorcycle coverage. I was told that I would need to upgrade to "RV" coverage at an annual increased cost of only $26/year. For that price, I thought that it was a no-brainer.

FWIW - This is in New York State and I have not had a need to call them during an emergency breakdown (and I hope that I won't need to.)
    Bert

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default State Farm - Update

Anyone else find out more information about State Farm road side assistance passes on to the motorcycle?
    Got a call from my stepson yesterday, he had called adjusters at State Farm and was told that I do NOT have roadside assistance on my Spyder. He asked which state was the original post from and I told him that it was Texas. He said that it was possible that it was valid on a state-by-state basis, but not in Maryland.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post

RV= 100 miles of towing

Trouble with AAA is that even with the RV coverage, many AAA clubs do not offer that coverage and do not honor it from your home club. AAA is not a single nation wide organization. Its a network of state and regional clubs with cross network servicing agreements.

I have been left stranded and without help twice by AAA and it will never happen again.

Currently with AARP / Hartford roadside assistance. Had good service from Good Sam for years until I used them twice one year...then they dropped me.

Stick with a national provider that specifically handles motorcycles and what ever other equipment you travel with.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Proof is in the pudding

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Trouble with AAA is that even with the RV coverage, many AAA clubs do not offer that coverage and do not honor it from your home club. AAA is not a single nation wide organization. Its a network of state and regional clubs with cross network servicing agreements.

I have been left stranded and without help twice by AAA and it will never happen again.

Currently with AARP / Hartford roadside assistance. Had good service from Good Sam for years until I used them twice one year...then they dropped me.

Stick with a national provider that specifically handles motorcycles and what ever other equipment you travel with.
    You could be very correct since I have no way to judge AAA services.
    I have had AAA for 25 years...... without EVER calling them.
    I have had AAA RV Plus for only this year....without EVER calling them.
    I am making my assumption/opinion based on what they told me and their website.
    Again...since I have never tasted their pudding I cant tell you what its like.
    Do I "pretend" to brake down in a remote area and see what happens?

I stand corrected....sort of
    "Stick with a national provider" Who?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    We don't have RV or RV Plus, and AAA came out and jumped our Spyder last summer.
    Could it be that it was only a jump?
    The RV Plus really deals with towing and the (sometimes) special equipment needed.
    A jump is a nothing special emergency.
    In AAA language your situation was a "service call" and not a tow so they didn't care.