Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default $10K Spyders for 2019

I probably missed an earlier post or announcement, but I saw someone mention they are waiting for the 2019s at $10K.

Can someone fill fill me in on what Spyders would be available for that price?

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also saw that, I think he will be waiting for a long time for a 10K Spyder
    maybe a used 2008-9-10 model

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    I probably missed an earlier post or announcement, but I saw someone mention they are waiting for the 2019s at $10K.

Spyder Garage

Default TBD

I hear that the dealers have been told a $10K Spyder is coming in 2019. I'm hearing on a different platform than either the F3 or RT. I know no details or even what is true/not true.. Those that do can reply and enlighten us all.

Rob

2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There will be few details available until next year...
    Project S is coming...
    But you'll have to do some sleuthing on your own, to find any information about them
    BRP will keep the lid on this one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At the last model launch in September brp announced that they are working on Project S, a sub 10k spyder, to be announced next September.

It is real, but we shall all have to wait for any detail.

Spyder Garage

I am thinking it was a joke to convince the wife to let him get a second spyder. He got rid of two beemers.

I helped reinforce the $10K in case wifey was reading his post.

It would be nice if real. But I am thinking not much for that money. You do want a seat and handlebars? Right.

EDIT: Posted before Lois K above in #5. She says yes.

I am sure something can be done. You remember the Chinese Knock Offs that sold for about $3K a few years back.

Having ridden the top of the line...I do not think I will be in the market for the new--regardless.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-20-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think it come with peddles, really good on gas
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I also saw that, I think he will be waiting for a long time for a 10K Spyder
    maybe a used 2008-9-10 model
    I think the rumors are that BRP is going to bring out an economy version of the Spyder priced in the $10k range next year. But like all rumors, they're as solid as a white cloud in a blue sky!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default 10K Spyder

If one looks at what Brp. did in the PWC line with the spark, this is almost a done deal. Affordable ,low power and fun, exactly what a roadster should be.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This "rumour" was started by brp themselves at the September new model launch - complete with bells and whistles, filmed even, seen it myself... More than a rumour I would have thought...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Malathion View Post
    If one looks at what Brp did in the PWC line with the Spark, this is almost a done deal. Affordable ,low power and fun, exactly what a roadster should be.
    Just what my dealer told me. He's kind of excited. Hoping again to bring in some younger riders. He also said as with the Spark, don't expect the same ride.

Spyder Garage

They will obviously have to cut major corners to get to that price point. Personally i would be concerned about the quality. I'm guessing a smaller displacement engine which isnt a bad thing but what else would have to be sacrificed? Aluminum parts replaced with steel, a basic no frills gauge package, super basic suspension, much simpler software, etc. would be a few guesses.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Imagine what you would have left if you took $20,000.00 off your RT or $10,00.00 off your F3... not much..... the hounds are leaving the room muttering.." we're not pulling him around..!!"...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Malathion View Post
    If one looks at what Brp. did in the PWC line with the spark, this is almost a done deal. Affordable ,low power and fun, exactly what a roadster should be.
    yes, the new sub 10k Spyder will in fact be based on the Spark. It will be call the "Park" which is what it will do best.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Here it is, looks pretty basic to me......itank.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I for one wish brp every success with Project S.

More sales equals a better dealer network for existing riders too.

Not everyone needs or wants high cc - indeed for the first three years of a motorcycle license Victorian riders are limited to 650cc. Not everyone can justify a high dollar spend, either.

Whatever it is, it will broaden the range, a good thing I would think.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    I for one wish brp every success with Project S.

More sales equals a better dealer network for existing riders too.

Not everyone needs or wants high cc - indeed for the first three years of a motorcycle license Victorian riders are limited to 650cc. Not everyone can justify a high dollar spend, either.

Whatever it is, it will broaden the range, a good thing I would think.

Spyder Garage

A few things I think will be seen on the new Project S to get down to that $9,999 price point.

An open frame look with minimal body panels and little to no storage.

A smaller 2 cylinder engine, likely the 600 used in some of the Skidoos. Likely paired with a 5 speed manual trans and a clutch without power assist.

No power steering and a much simplified single channel vehicle stability control system. IE safe but much more intrusive when activated.

Perhaps even loss of ABS brakes although I am less sure how this one would effect the overall design.

No radio, minimal gage cluster, no cruise control, basic lighting. Steel wheels?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet that they use a CVT tranny.

Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Project S

There were 2 BRP reps (2 guys that said they were BRP) at the recent "Spyders in the Hills" event in Boerne, TX. Both would say that BRP was going to announce a sub-$10,000 Spyder in late 2018. The new Spyder would be for around town and short commuter ryders. Both said exactly the same thing about the price and intended use. It was as if they were quoting from the same script, and that is all that they would say. Government beaurocrats should take lessons from the BRP reps on how to keep a secret. Rotax does have a multitude of engine/transmission combinations already in production. Many of these have been around long enough to have reduced their design, production and emissions testing costs. Anything we discuss here is simply conjecture.
    2015 F3S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll all have to keep our eyes peeled, and hope that someone comes across a "Spy-Shot" from the motorcycling press...

Spyder Garage

Time will tell. BRP has done a good job so far of keeping a lid on actual information and specs. So far, we only know the price point.

All the information above is speculation, but IMO--pretty close to being in the ballpark. Removing 1/2 to 1/3 of the "fluff" from either the RT or the F3 is going to leave a pretty basic machine.

BRP is looking for a younger market and hoping they can get them to "upgrade" to whatever will be offered at a later time. Will it work? Time will tell.

I have driven enough MC's over the years, that an entry level bike is way out of my desires. I have become to familiarized with the Cadillac type ride. My new 900cc, $7K Vulcan is about as "basic" as I am willing to go. I know that I can jump on that one and drive anywhere in the US, safely, happy, and comfortable.

I am still an RT fan. My 2014 RT-S is not going anywhere. I feel the same about it too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time will tell the tale...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I hear that the dealers have been told a $10K Spyder is coming in 2019. I'm hearing on a different platform than either the F3 or RT. I know no details or even what is true/not true.. Those that do can reply and enlighten us all.

Rob
    I heard the same thing, $10K for a spyder in 2019.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue