Thread: ARTHRITIS

Spyder Garage

Default ARTHRITIS

So being with the older generation of this sight figured it would be good place to ask this question.

i"m Have osteoarthritis in many parts of my body (recently in my hips). Having a hard time walking any distance without them aching and getting stiff.

Orthopedic Dr. prescribed Tramadol and Gabapentin. Long story short i'm not big. on pain meds and nerve meds.

Anybody have natural remedies that may work.

Really takes it's toll on my hunting and walking. And no i won't take the spyder in the woods

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

I am in my 70s with fairly bad arthritis and like you I will not take any drugs where one of the side effects is death!! The one natural remedy that really works for me is turmeric. I buy it from Amazon and take one teaspoon mixed with water every morning. It tastes terrible but just gulp it down. You can also buy it in capsule form but much more expensive.. Has almost completely eliminated the pain and greatly increased my mobility. Good luck.. I used to share your pain!!!

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info i'm in the same shape

Spyder Garage

Tumeric, Ginger Root, Bromelain. Try to stay away form the Tramadol as its a narcotic. Just had my second knee replacement, no pain meds after day 3. I am using these 3 to help keep the swelling down.

Spyder Garage

Default One more....

For the Tumeric... Have cooked with it for years and now take the pills, which you can get online cheaper, and make a balm/salve and tincture out of a medicinal plant that works wonders. But it depends on where you are and if it is available....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Here:

http://www.ayurvedicnaturalcure.com/...steoarthritis/

Some natural remedies have been mentioned already.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tramadol is heavy duty Tylenol. Don't think its a narcotic.

I been taking Humira and helps my specific Arthritis issue and Chrones disease. If not I think I would be in a wheel chair by now.

I hear apply cider vinegar does a lot of things that I may try at some point.

Spyder Garage

I'm using Systemic Enzymes like Wobenzym N.

https://www.gardenoflife.com/content...ct/wobenzym-n/

I can tell when I've been off it (put my bottle in a very safe place and was too stubborn to buy another until I found the open one). Working outside (check in bees, clean chicken coop, generally get the place ready for freezing weather) has left me with cranky, stiff hips. I started to pack for my turkey day trip and found my Wobenzyme. I'll be mo betta in a couple of days.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Tramadol is heavy duty Tylenol. Don't think its a narcotic....
    Sorry, but Tramadol IS very much an opiod narcotic analgesic; it's a synthetic drug that works in a similar way to Codeine, but it can increase your risk of seizures & if used for a long time as a treatment for chronic pain, it is also prone to inducing irreversible 'spastic tics' which you will have for the rest of your life, even if you do manage to get weaned off the drug! Bearing in mind that I'm a long term severe pain sufferer & NOT a physician, I believe it's pretty good stuff when used for short term moderate pain; but not so good for severe or long term pain or arthritic pain, largely due to the potential side effects....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-19-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've had a hip replaced, need the other done, as well as both knees as a result of playing football (soccer) well into my 60's. Getting rid of the pain is my #1 priority, getting back on the pitch would be a Godsend.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Sorry, but Tramadol IS very much an opiod narcotic analgesic; it's a synthetic drug that works in a similar way to Codeine, but it can increase your risk of seizures & if used for a long time as a treatment for chronic pain, it is also prone to inducing irreversible 'spastic tics' which you will have for the rest of your life, even if you do manage to get weaned off the drug! Bearing in mind that I'm a long term severe pain sufferer & NOT a physician, I believe it's pretty good stuff when used for short term moderate pain; but not so good for severe or long term pain or arthritic pain, largely due to the potential side effects....
    Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever

I have used it also and along with other pain reliever's .

I was lucky enough to have my pain and symptom's held at a tolerable levels for now but some days can be a bitch moving around but have to keep moving.

Spyder Garage

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever....
    Yeah exactly, it's a synthetic Opiod pain medication that works just like all the other opiates, opium derivatives, & semi-synthetic narcotics by acting upon the opiate receptors in your brain & as a result will get you arrested if you sell, possess, or use this type of drug without the appropriate controls or authorities.... cos their effect is narcotic and addictive if not consumed by fighting pain.

Ask your Doctor or Pharmacist, I'm pretty sure that in both your country and mine, Tramadol is a controlled substance that is listed as a narcotic drug.... at least it was when I visited a couple of years back & had to get special permission & documentation to posses, carry, & use the Narcotic Pain meds including Tramadol that I had been prescribed. Altho I was told then that despite all the above, up until about 2010 or so Tramadol was considered a 'lesser narcotic' & an 'opiate agonist' in just a few of your states; but shortly before my travel they all came into line with the rest of the world & recognised it as a Narcotic Analgesic & so required all the extra paper work & approvals.......

So just like the saying goes about that other well known stuff; if it looks like it, it smells like it, it tastes like it, and it even acts on your body/brain like it, then it probably is ......
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever
    CVS Caremark lists it in their formulary as a Tier 1, generics, Opioid Analgesic, same group as methadone and morphine.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Informative thread, thanks

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    So being with the older generation of this sight figured it would be good place to ask this question.

i"m Have osteoarthritis in many parts of my body (recently in my hips). Having a hard time walking any distance without them aching and getting stiff.

Orthopedic Dr. prescribed Tramadol and Gabapentin. Long story short i'm not big. on pain meds and nerve meds.

Anybody have natural remedies that may work.

Really takes it's toll on my hunting and walking. And no i won't take the spyder in the woods

Thanks
    A little background, I'm an RN, getting up in years and have had both hips replaced about 10 years ago.

Tramadol will help with the osteo pain. Not so sure about the gabapentin which as you state is for nerve pain. If you have some type of nerve related pain or disease such as diabetes then that would make sense. Even if you don't feel it, stay off the bike or dont drive when you take the tramadol, it could make you liable for a DUI if for some reason you had an accident and they took a blood test.

You could try one of the NSAID's like ibuprofen or naproxen, they work by reducing inflammation, which will in turn reduce the pain you feel. Just keep in mind that long term use isn't good for kidneys or liver. But do what you need to keep going.

You may want to consider joint replacements. Talk to your Ortho about it, but I imagine its already come up. Recovery is about 3 weeks if they do the anterior (front) approach. It makes a big improvement in overall quality of life.
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Captain Morgan Rum: it doesn't make me feel any better, but I just don't mind it as much!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

my doctor gave me a prescription of
    gabapentin for sciatic nerve pain and told me not to drive or operate machinery while on this drug.. I gave the piece of paper with the prescription back to him and said .. '' NO THANKS "

osm

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tried both Gabapentin and Tramadol for back/hip pain and neither had the slightest impact. Currently trying Tumeric but it isn't doing squat either. I have to take two big doses of a narcotic to have any effect at all and then it does not last but a few hours. Doc's say surgery is risky and doesn't have positive results most of the time so I am just dealing with the pain. Sucks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry and I feel bad that some of us have health issues. Getting old is part of it. Lets not forget that "we are what we eat". Doctors give you med to take to make you feel good but DO NOT tell you the cause. We must know our self what make us sick and take action.

I like the non narcotics remedies. Tumeric , Ginger tea.

Castor oil is been around since the time of Christ and it's the miracle oil.

Apply castor oil on painful areas with heating pad over night.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Prune juice ! Solves all kinds of ailments.

A good cleansing does some good too

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Had two total knee replacement surgeries and I HIGHLY recommend that solution ... if the pain gets bad enough.

No one can tell you when that pain is so bad that you will put your self through such surgeries as cutting the top and bottom off of your knee joint and replacing the joint entirely with a metal alloy ... separated by several months of physiotherapy only to do it all again a year later on the other leg.

But that said it is a 100% fix.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

MK-7 which is a K2 vitamin. Works great on inflammation. Grape seed extract works for inflammation too. You also might want to check out CBD oil. Here is a good place for high quality stuff.

https://www.cwhemp.com/customer/acco...=5a1382258fb7e
    Last edited by SteveLaoyster; 11-20-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Have tried tumeric didn't help. Thinking cbd oil a try.

Prescriptions sit in cabinet untouched. New orthopedic Dr. Dec 3

primary tomorrow . See if he has any answers.

Thanks for all your help guys. Lots of good answers.

Can we put them all together in one mix and call it SPYDER MIRACLE LOL