Spyder Garage

Default Campgrounds for Spyderfest 2018

I have been looking at campgrounds for SpyderFest 2018. It looks we could stay at the Springfield / Route 66 KOA which is near the hotels or we could stay out near Bolivar down the road from The Rock. I am not sure which would be better. The campgrounds out near Bolivar are cheaper but they are 35 miles out. Anyone else looking for campgrounds? Which campgrounds are you looking at?
    2012 RTS

2012 RtS M5 , Stock Homemade Metallic Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've just started looking for campsites as well...
    I'm using FMCA and Good Sam for my sources, but I'm open to suggestions.
    (31 foot Class C Toyhauler...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I looked for campgrounds in the past pickings were slim. That's why I stayed at the Fairground, which wasn't real great but it was the best choice for locale in years past. That, of course, is not an option for 2018.

If I go in 2018 I'll be begging a bed from my cousin who lives in Springfield!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Campground App.

Download the app "RV Parky" on the Play store. I assume there's an Apple app as well. You can find campgrounds where ever you may be going based on criteria you select. A perfunctory search shows 6 campgrounds around Springfield with ratings and links to their websites if they have one.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CAMPGROUNDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freegle View Post
    I have been looking at campgrounds for SpyderFest 2018. It looks we could stay at the Springfield / Route 66 KOA which is near the hotels or we could stay out near Bolivar down the road from The Rock. I am not sure which would be better. The campgrounds out near Bolivar are cheaper but they are 35 miles out. Anyone else looking for campgrounds? Which campgrounds are you looking at?
    If you don't mind 200+ freight cars ( aka Trains ) going by frequently .... then the KOA will be OK...... The tracks are 15 ft. from the east side of that KOA ...... ...Google map it ( earth )........ Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Download the app "RV Parky" on the Play store. I assume there's an Apple app as well. You can find campgrounds where ever you may be going based on criteria you select. A perfunctory search shows 6 campgrounds around Springfield with ratings and links to their websites if they have one.
    Allstays.com shows only 2 campgrounds in the immediate Springfield area. There are several upwards of 25 to 30 miles outside of Springfield. What you have to watch out for, even with Google Maps searches, are many times the campgrounds are RV only, or are mobile home parks, not real campgrounds.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am trying to find a cabin in the area for rent, a little better than my tent, a lot cheaper than a hotel.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Allstays.com shows only 2 campgrounds in the immediate Springfield area. There are several upwards of 25 to 30 miles outside of Springfield. What you have to watch out for, even with Google Maps searches, are many times the campgrounds are RV only, or are mobile home parks, not real campgrounds.
    25 to 30 miles away from the fun is just a "nice stretch of the legs" on a Spyder!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I am trying to find a cabin in the area for rent, a little better than my tent, a lot cheaper than a hotel.

Joe
    One year, I had a cabin at the KOA. Mike is right about the train noise. If you're in an RV with sealed windows, it may be better than in a cabin or tent.

As to the fun location, it looks like it's going to be spread out between the two Pitbull locations and the host hotels. Looks like another excuse to ryde!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default But where in Springfield is Spyderfest?

I haven't found anyone saying anywhere more specific than Springfield. As fulltime RVers we will be looking for RV Parks but would like to know where the rally is to be held.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    I haven't found anyone saying anywhere more specific than Springfield. As fulltime RVers we will be looking for RV Parks but would like to know where the rally is to be held.
    The event will be split up this year between the two Pitbull locations. Some of it will be at the Pitbull dealership in town on Sunrise St, and some will be up Hwy 13 in Bolivar at the new "The Rock" dealership. So far the only host hotels mentioned are near the airport. There hasn't been much info about camping.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Does Spyder Fest move around or is it always in Springfield
    George 2010 RTS L Black.

Spyder Garage

According to Allstays there is an elks club with electric and water in Springfield

Spyder Garage

Default Koa

Booked KOA Springfield.

you need to get sites as far away from the tracts.

Two years ago we camped their with toy hauler train noise didn’t bother us.

Gary

All I want to do is ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
    Does Spyder Fest move around or is it always in Springfield

Always in Springfield. This year it is split between Springfield and Bolivar.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRACTS ????

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    Booked KOA Springfield.

you need to get sites as far away from the tracts.

Two years ago we camped their with toy hauler train noise didn’t bother us.

Gary
    "Tracts" = railroad TRACKS ....... I know what you meant to say ....... damn typo's ..... Mike

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default More questions re; Spyderfest.

I have been to the "Spyderfest 2018" Facebook page. It doesn't seem to have any info yet on the rally. Is the rally listed perhaps on another page or is it to early for details, rides and events, to be posted?