Thread: Indiana dealers

Spyder Garage

Default Indiana dealers

Hello,
    In the next few months I will start the process of purchasing a new Spyder.
    I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and I would like to hear from other riders in Indianapolis or surrounding areas on where they bought their Spyder's and how the dealer has treated them.
    I know of Flat out Motorsports in Indy and in Martinsville, and have visited the Martinsville and Fishers location.
    If you have bought your Spyder at a different dealer than in Indy I would like to hear about them as well.
    I own 3 different Harley's and I have only bought one of them from Indiana.
    So if there are better dealers out there I do not have an issue buying out of state.
    Thank you
    2015 RTs , Black

Spyder Garage

Default indy

Hey Boomer
    Dreyer canam on Washington st and Imotorsports up by Chicago are both listed on the SL homepage as supporting dealers. Maximum motorsports in Peru is also a dealer. I've had dealings with these 3 and can't say anything bad about them. If you buy a Spyder from Dreyer they will pay for your dues to the Brickyard chapter Usspyderryders group, check out our page on facebook
    Paul

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Hey Boomer
    Dreyer canam on Washington st and Imotorsports up by Chicago are both listed on the SL homepage as supporting dealers. Maximum motorsports in Peru is also a dealer. I've had dealings with these 3 and can't say anything bad about them. If you buy a Spyder from Dreyer they will pay for your dues to the Brickyard chapter Usspyderryders group, check out our page on facebook
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I forgot to list Dreyer Honda as one of the dealers I went to as well.
    I was there for the Pop Dreyer run and looked around but they only had 3 at the time and that dealership is small.
    I also wonder about service since they are a new dealer and they may not have qualified technicians yet or the equipment to service them at this time.
    I have done business with them in the past but only for parts and I had no issues with them.
    Thank your for the tip about Imotorsports up by Chicago.
    Jim
    2015 RTs , Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We bought our RT from Flatout, not many good things to say, byke wasn't prepped right. Lower shock bolt left finger tight, misdiagnosis on the air bag, etc., etc.

We bought the Daytona from iMotorsports in Chicago, very excellent people and techs, good prep on the byke, been great after the sale of a year ago.

We have had several maintenance issues with the RT done at correctly Peru Powersports. Good place for service never purchased.

Had an issue with Dryer Can Am when they first opened with a service writer that just kinda soured them on me and my friend that was involved. They may have gotten better since then, but that is all I got about them.

If/when we buy another Spyder, we'll probably go back to iMotorsports.

Spyder Garage

When I bought my RTS two years ago, Flatout matched the great price I got from Imotorsports, but couldn't match the financing. I have been to the new Flatout in Fishers and hopefully they have scaled up their service along with the facilities. I have been impressed by the 1-2 salesmen I have spoken to there. When I called about an extended warranty, the owner of Flatout got on the phone with me and offered a pretty good price, but couldn't quite match Dreyer's price. I went to the Pop Dreyer run also, and was not too impressed with the size of the dealership and would probably hesitate to go there for service. I had my first oil change done by Maximum in Peru and liked the dealership, but too far for me to travel to for regular service or warranty work. If I was to buy again, I would check around and get the best price and see if anyone local (Indy) would match it. Then I would have a heart-to-heart with the salesman (and maybe even the owner) and make sure he/she understood that the bike better be right when delivered or that would be my last purchase from them. Of course, if I was trading, that would have to play into the decision also.

Spyder Garage

I live outside Martinsville, long story short, I got mine from Imotorsports up by Chicago, Flatout would not deal wit me at all, made my deal on the phone, loaded up my trade in and headed to Chicago, don’t waste you time in Martinville
    PS I got a 2015 RT limited

Ride safe
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

I've dealt with IMotorsports in Elmhurst, Il and liked them very much and they ship anywhere. They deal a lot with long distance purchases and have an incredible showroom.

I have talked to Maxim Motorsports in Merrillville, In and liked them.

I currently deal with Dockside Marine in Wilmington. Il and like them very much.

I bought mine from an individual in Tampa, Florida so I haven't bought one from a dealor.

I have also dealt with ROB'S PERFORMANCE MOTORSPORTS. Johnson Creek, Wisconsin 53038 and liked them. Sorry for the big letters, it was cut/n/paste, I hate to type.

None of these are close but I like them all.

Good Luck, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Boomerman,
    I bought my first Spyder in April of '15 from an out of state dealer-delivery experience a real nightmare(iMotorsports wasn't in existence).
    I have my RT-L serviced annually the third week in October @Maximum Powersports.
    Now a few words about about our Brickyard Chapter of US SpyderRiders Sponsor Dryer Honda:
    Yes, they are "the new kid on the block"(<1 year) as a Can- Am Dealer.
    Missy Dreyer is the Brickyard Chapter's and Spyder Community, thru being a Sponsoring Dealer on Spyderlovers.com. "GO-2" person. She's FANTASTIC in every way. Always has a smile on her face.
    As already pointed out, you buy a Spyder from Dryers and they pay the first years dues to the Brickyard Chapter which includes dealer perks.
    All dealer sales and service staff who interface with the Spyders have been through/passed the required BRP CBT training
    Over the winter, Dryers will send 2 Spyder mechanics to the 2 day BRP Hands-On Training School. I think it's in Chicago.
    All of the above demonstrates Dryers' commitment to establishing themselves as a top tier Spyder dealership from sales to service. Just like they are for HONDA motorcycles.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for your input, I hope to receive more from others.
    I am glad I asked this question now.
    Imotorsports will be one of the dealers I will consider when the time comes.

Marvin2488485-- your experience with Flat Out in Martinsville was the same as mine, they did not want to deal and did not take trades.
    When I spoke with the Fisher's location they told me Martinsville was getting out of the street bikes completely and was only going to sale utility, 4x4 and off road bikes.
    Where they are at that is kind of expected, the bad thing for me since I live south of Indy they would have been an idea dealer to work with and get warranty service.
    Still seems kind of strange that they are doing that since they expanded their building to accommodate Spyders and Slingshots.

Mike T and Paul-- I realize Dreyer is the new guy on the block and their techs may get trained and certified from Can-am but if they do not have the proper equipment in house it really does not matter on the certifications.
    I come from a mechanic back ground and I can remember getting " trained and certified" from the manufacture but it did not matter because the dealership never bought the required equipment needed to do the job correctly.
    Example: I have read several riders here talking about getting a correct laser alignment and the difficulties of getting it done correctly from the " trained and certified" technician.
    I will not eliminate Dryer from my list of dealers, they are close and I would like to deal with them if possible they have been around forever, that says a lot!
    Maybe someone who is in the "know" at Dreyer can get me contact information for Missy.
    Dreyer needs to dedicate some separate space for the CanAm product line and parts.
    I have nothing against other brands but when I walk into any other dealership that carries different lines they have them separated and not just 2 or 3 models thrown in the corner as they do now with the CanAms.
    From a consumer's view it looks like oh it's just another brand that we will carry for a bit to see if it sells and if it doesn't no biggie, sorry for our customers who bought that brand.

My goal like all of yours is to get the best price, trade in and warranty service and Warranty service will be the major factor for me.
    Once out of Warranty I will do my own work.

I hope others will continue to chime in and thank you to those who have responded already.
    Jim

2015 RTs , Black