Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP CAME THROUGH FOR ME

This is a followup to my "I'M FED UP" thread. I spoke with the BRP rep today, and my Spyder is ready to come home. BRP's intervention with the dealer, was, in my opinion, invaluable in resolving the problem with my Spyder, as well as with the dealer. I feel that BRP treated me very fairly and was very honest with me. I simply stated my case clearly to them, asked for what I thought was reasonable, (I certainly did not ask them to pay for the oil & filter(s) change, as that is ordinary maintenance which I feel that I am responsible for) and they agreed. It was a somewhat bumpy road to get to where we are now, but I am here to tell you that BRP does care, even though many of us (myself included) have in the past thought otherwise.

I guess the moral of this story is that patience, politeness, and being reasonable in what you ask for goes a long way with BRP. Anyway, Great White comes home on Monday. Too bad I am only three weeks out from a hip replacement & can't ride, as the weather has been fabulous here lately. Low to mid 70's here the last few days, have seen a lot of bikes out enjoying the great weather.

Anyway, thank you BRP for your help.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting the outcome. Glad BRP came through and was able to help.

Said it before, but, wishing you the best on your hip surgery, and a quick recovery so you can ride a lot again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default i wanna help

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I'd be interested to know what happened behind the scenes between BRP and the Dealer after that last nasty email you got from the dealer. I guess we'll probably never know.

Glad it got resolved.

Hank

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    I'd be interested to know what happened behind the scenes between BRP and the Dealer after that last nasty email you got from the dealer. I guess we'll probably never know.

Glad it got resolved.

Hank
    Yup! Throw that on the we will never know pile.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It always pays off for being patience and understanding and not being judgmental in every situation.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I’ll be thinking of you and your hip replacement, OldGuy......mine is in three weeks too
    Great news with BRP. I’m pretty sure they would not have bothered coming to the party if you had not behaved as reasonably as you did.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

"I guess the moral of this story is that patience, politeness, and being reasonable in what you ask for goes a long way"

and that is the key to dealing with any business.

Well done.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default Hooray!

Hooray and congratulations!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is fan-dang-TASTIC news!!

Now it's time to get yourself all healed-up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Great news

Glad it worked out. Sorry you still have to wait a bit longer... they do try and are getting better no doubt...brp that is...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

In another thread it was discussed and determined that riding a Spyder is good therapy after shoulder surgery. Gotta figure a way for Spyders to be therapy for hips too. Thanks for the update, good luck with the hip, and speedy recovery.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

That is great. Speedy recovery is in order. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

So i'm still confused,what was the problem that caused so much grief this last time?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    In another thread it was discussed and determined that riding a Spyder is good therapy after shoulder surgery. Gotta figure a way for Spyders to be therapy for hips too. Thanks for the update, good luck with the hip, and speedy recovery.....
    The was good therapy for me. So much easier to get on/off and my hip did not hurt from the get go, after the surgery. I was up and running on the on 4/6. Surgery was Jan 4. Could have been in March but I had to wait for the ice to melt off my road.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    So i'm still confused,what was the problem that caused so much grief this last time?
    See post #3 on this thread.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I’ll be thinking of you and your hip replacement, OldGuy......mine is in three weeks too
    Great news with BRP. I’m pretty sure they would not have bothered coming to the party if you had not behaved as reasonably as you did.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Peteoz, good luck with your hip replacement. You will be up and around before you know it. My right hip was replaced 3 weeks ago, and I am in my second week of outpatient PT. This is my second one this year, left one was done in February. And yes, canamjhb, riding a Spyder after shoulder surgery is good therapy. I had rotator cuff surgery and a split bicep repaired in early March 2013, and I was riding by mid May. I'm having the same surgery for my left shoulder in December, so I will be anxious to get some "shoulder therapy" come next spring.

Spyder Garage

So glad you got this resolved! Which brings up a question? It is human nature to complain and not complement about businesses. How many folks out there have had good results from direct contact with BRP? I almost didn't buy a Victory because there were was so much complaining about the transmission. Then I asked a question and found out that those complaining were small in number and could not let it go, so they just kept complaining. There were no major wide scale problems with those transmissions.

Since I am a new Spyder owner, I am curious about this.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Very good news, and thank you for posting it in a new thread to give it balance on the forum.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP came through for me...

Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
    So glad you got this resolved! Which brings up a question? It is human nature to complain and not complement about businesses. How many folks out there have had good results from direct contact with BRP? I almost didn't buy a Victory because there were was so much complaining about the transmission. Then I asked a question and found out that those complaining were small in number and could not let it go, so they just kept complaining. There were no major wide scale problems with those transmissions.

Back in 2014 I purchased a new 622 Can Am Trailer...which became the trailer from hell....(there is a huge thread on SL's if you are interested)...bottom line BRP came through like champs for me...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    This is a followup to my "I'M FED UP" thread. I spoke with the BRP rep today, and my Spyder is ready to come home. BRP's intervention with the dealer, was, in my opinion, invaluable in resolving the problem with my Spyder, as well as with the dealer. I feel that BRP treated me very fairly and was very honest with me. I simply stated my case clearly to them, asked for what I thought was reasonable, (I certainly did not ask them to pay for the oil & filter(s) change, as that is ordinary maintenance which I feel that I am responsible for) and they agreed. It was a somewhat bumpy road to get to where we are now, but I am here to tell you that BRP does care, even though many of us (myself included) have in the past thought otherwise.

I guess the moral of this story is that patience, politeness, and being reasonable in what you ask for goes a long way with BRP. Anyway, Great White comes home on Monday. Too bad I am only three weeks out from a hip replacement & can't ride, as the weather has been fabulous here lately. Low to mid 70's here the last few days, have seen a lot of bikes out enjoying the great weather.

Anyway, thank you BRP for your help.
    I'm glad the Spyder issue has been resolved for you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your operation.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Very good news, and thank you for posting it in a new thread to give it balance on the forum.

Plus, if you haven't done so already, please post something in that original thread.
    At least a pointer to this thread so the story isn't just left hanging there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post

Plus, if you haven't done so already, please post something in that original thread.
    At least a pointer to this thread so the story isn't just left hanging there.
    Here are the two threads I'M FED UP' and "FOLLOWUP TO I'M FED UP"

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...387-I-M-FED-UP

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-M-FED-UP-quot

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Back in 2014 I purchased a new 622 Can Am Trailer...which became the trailer from hell....(there is a huge thread on SL's if you are interested)...bottom line BRP came through like champs for me...
    I remember that debacle, and was glad that BRP did the right thing for you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post

It is always a small majority that complain each and every chance they get. Post a thread about an issue and people that had issue X will be back to talk about theirs. Some of these posters are very helpful. Some are just here to bash BRP.

I am an equal opportunity abuser. I have said both good and bad about BRP. I try to help others solve issues when I can. I have no agenda against BRP. I just like to talk about Spyders.

If you are here for any time, you will get to know the posters.

The majority of complaints are made by a minority of the group. This has to do with the fact that there are more good machines out there than bad ones. Problems will and do occur on any brand. Those that do not have complaints are usually riding more than posting. I have a few posts, but I still have five spyder miles driven for each post posted.

Every on line forum is the same way when it comes to complaints versus praises.

BRP is more customer friendly now than they were back in 08 when the product first started showing up. 2013 was a real problem with the heat issues on RT--but they finally got them fixed and most that I talked to were satisfied with the outcome.

There is always room for improvement--but IMO--it is getting better than it was.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-04-2017 at 01:45 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red