Spyder Garage

Default RIDING A SPYDER RT MIGHT BE THE SAFEST BIKE MADE

Hit some tire debris and plastic on I 10 near Tucson .I had no choice but hit it square on. Hit the brakes as hard as I could and was heading to ditch but I was lucky the bike came out of skid and back to the shoulder where we got stopped thinking about possible damage. After gathering our wits and realizing only minor scuffs on the bike we headed for home and very thankful for 3 wheels and safety features of this wonderful machine.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up SAFE SPYDER!!

Congratulations on not biting the bullet, very glad to hear of your good fortune. There is a lot of plastic and steel up front to protect you and some fantastic safety features to keep you upright and on the straight and sometimes not so narrow path. The same event on a two wheeler may not have turned out so well.

Spyder Garage

Default They are all that...

I do complain about the nanny but she has gotten me out of a few incidents safely.. glad you handled the situation so well and the nanny helped
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i had found out how safe the rt is a few weeks after i had bought mine & a girl had stopped in the middle of the road to decide if she
    should exit or not.

Spyder Garage

Default hydroplaning

While returning from a camp-out, it had been raining and I was in a construction zone. The freeway was closed down to a single lane with a concrete barrier on one side and a steel one on the other. I hit a large puddle and was suddenly looking at the steel barrier just feet away. I steered back down the road and it straightened out nicely. I at first congratulated myself for superb riding and then later realized that Miss Nanny had saved me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember:
    The "Safest Bike Ever Made"; is no safer than the loose nut that's hanging onto the handlebars...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black