Spyder Garage

Default Shark Radio 800w type of connector

I'm trying to find the name of the Shark radio cable extension connector. I've never seen soooo many connectors on a google search. The radio input connector is smaller than normal coax. I would like to extend the antenna to the saddle bag area with the Shark radio in the frunk. 6' coax or maybe even 3' coax as a coax extention cable with possible adaptor if needed. I had ordered a Velocity 6' F type Mini-coax interconnect with an adaptor to join the two (2) cables together but the connector ends are too big. The Shark radio input connector's outside diameter is 6.23 mm with the micrometer in between the threads. Approx 6.56 mm on the outside of the threads.
    Help me Please,
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 11-01-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I'm trying to find the name of the Shark radio cable extension connector. I've never seen soooo many connectors on a google search. The radio input connector is smaller than normal coax. I would like to extend the antenna to the saddle bag area with the Shark radio in the frunk. 6' coax or maybe even 3' coax as a coax extention cable with possible adaptor if needed. I had ordered a Velocity 6' F type Mini-coax interconnect with an adaptor to join the two (2) cables together but the connector ends are too big. The Shark radio input connector's outside diameter is 6.23 mm with the micrometer in between the threads. Approx 6.56 mm on the outside of the threads.
    Help me Please,
    Darrell
    What does Shark say? They use them, they should have them!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What does Shark say? They use them, they should have them!
    Nope---not in their product line--I wrote them twice with 2 different approaches--none--plus I just want to find the name of the connectors---I must be the only one who keeps their radio in the frunk & wants the antenna on the rear. Engine static prevents a good signal. If I hold the antenna 2 feet to the side of the spyder it works great.. I'm referring to FM reception--it works great from a usb memory module.
    Last edited by Wildrice; 11-01-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Nope---not in their product line--I wrote them twice with 2 different approaches--none--plus I just want to find the name of the connectors---I must be the only one who keeps their radio in the frunk & wants the antenna on the rear. Engine static prevents a good signal. If I hold the antenna 2 feet to the side of the spyder it works great.. I'm referring to FM reception--it works great from a usb memory module.
    Do you have their antenna that connects to the radio? If so see if you can unsolder the cable from the antenna and splice in a coax. Another option is cut the existing cable and splice in an extension using available connectors. If you're using some other antenna it might be worth buying their antenna for $14 and using its cable to splice into whatever you're using.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Those are SMA connectors. Here is a link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/sma-antenna-c...Asma%20antenna

regards

Michael
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome