Spyder Garage

Unhappy Name change on forum

Does anybody know how to change their name on this forum. Kaos has gone to a better place and I need to change my forum name and avatar.

Thanks in advance.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Does anybody know how to change their name on this forum. Kaos has gone to a better place and I need to change my forum name and avatar.

Thanks in advance.
    Lew L
    Lew,

Sorry to hear that Kaos has left us! I can't help with the name change, but hope all is well!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks in advance. Lew L
    Lew, I don't know how to change your forum name without losing the history (maybe someone else can weigh in on this). But, that picture of you and your wife (sorry, forgot her name) on the turnout on Sonora Pass Road would make a great signature block pic I think. Maybe the pic of you at Ebbets Pass for an avatar? You look pretty happy in both.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Our thoughts and go with you.

Send the boss a PM. He is currently on the board.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-31-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Lew,

Sorry to hear that Kaos has left us! I can't help with the name change, but hope all is well!
    ......... The loss of a friend is always rough ...... I have always had a fondness for Great Danes .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks in advance.
    Lew L
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Lamonster can change your forum handle for you. Just let him know what you like. It will probably change the log-in ID as well.

If you're not getting another dog soon, how about keeping your handle as a tribute to Kaos?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Lew, My condolences on Lew's departure, I gotta say, the Avatar and pics you posted of him lightened my day, and my heart.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks in advance.
    Lew L
    Lew, I'm such a dolt. I didn't realize your dog's name was Kaos. I agree with others - maybe keep your avatar or your name or both, unless it's too painful a reminder of your loss.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default : (

My condolences on the loss of your beloved Kaos. The passing of those furry family members can hurt just as much as human ones. Sending you love and light...
    <3 adzgrrrl

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Thank you all for you kind thoughts and condolences. Kaos was last of the 7 Great Danes that we have had. He wasn't the fastest ( but he was fast), He wasn't the biggest ( but he was big ). He was affectionate and quite the " Leaner" as Danes tend to be. Nova and I will miss him a lot.

To quote a very smart man:

" If dogs don't go to heaven---- then I want to go where they go" Will Rodgers

I may keep the handle but the avatar has to go.

Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear...

Have lost quite a few and know how hard it is. I now only allow visitors but will not get another..hope the memories will help you adjust to the change and be able to move on. 😔

the avatar you can change in settings left side you will see avatar. Pick a new one and upload it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Terribly Sorry.....

I have lost 2 pets in my life....and they were both more family members than animals. I'm still not sure I'm over losing Cisco, my Siberian Husky. I just try to remember the good times and how well they lived when they were in my care (or, perhaps I was in their care?). It's about all you can do.

Condolences....

Hank

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have lost quite a few and know how hard it is. I now only allow visitors but will not get another..hope the memories will help you adjust to the change and be able to move on. 😔
    Every time we lose one of our furry family members I have the same thoughts as you posted.....until I realize that there are so many animals out there that need the great home I can give them. Somehow that always results in a re-population.

Spyder Garage

I sometimes post this when there is a loss of a pet. Warning, it will bring tears to your eyes.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default So sad

Lew,
    my deepest condolences for your loss. Your friend was blessed with you, and I’m sure only knew love and affection. They live so fast, and are gone too soon. Our boys are rescues, and I think they know they won the dog lottery - we spoil them daily!! You did, too, and Kaos showed. It hurts, but gets better with time. Still sux.....
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks in advance.
    Lew L
    Easy. Send a PM to Lamont and ask him to do so. All your posts and such stay the same. References to your handle inside other posts do not change. I had him change mine from WasWinger to IdahoMtnSpyder a couple of years ago.

The avatar you change yourself.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I sometimes post this when there is a loss of a pet. Warning, it will bring tears to your eyes.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Thank you!!!!!! Hard to get the tears out of the keyboard...........

Lew L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Lew,
    my deepest condolences for your loss. Your friend was blessed with you, and I’m sure only knew love and affection. They live so fast, and are gone too soon. Our boys are rescues, and I think they know they won the dog lottery - we spoil them daily!! You did, too, and Kaos showed. It hurts, but gets better with time. Still sux.....

Thank you for the kind thoughts.....Lew L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I should have heeded your warning...!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Every time we lose one of our furry family members I have the same thoughts as you posted.....until I realize that there are so many animals out there that need the great home I can give them. Somehow that always results in a re-population.
    Or, re-pupulation maybe?! I can relate.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lew, there's nothing that can be said...
    Our kindest thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

I hope that this might help a little bit.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lew,
    Sorry for your dog.
    Changing the name is probably possible only by the admin of the forum.
    As for the avatar you can go :
    Forum Action
    Edit profile
    Edit avatar

Regards,

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear about Kaos.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Noticed the change of your handle. I'm glad you kept Kaos' pic as your avatar (at least for now), though, so I'll know it's still you.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)