Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Power Connector

Attempting to add 12 volt power to frunk on 2013 STS. Purchased outlet from BRP, pn 0000754610, mechanically, fits the frunk.

Problem is, I cannot find the.power connector. Frunk is removed in picture. Anyone have any idea where this connector could hide. According to the service manual it should be a 2 conductor, 16 gauge, violet/yellow, black. It appears to be part of the main cable harness, but I am unable to locate this connector. Any idea where to poke further?

IMG_20171029_120935788.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Its right above the bolt on the right side of the picture--- Inside the boot

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfish View Post
    Attempting to add 12 volt power to frunk on 2013 STS. Purchased outlet from BRP, pn 0000754610, mechanically, fits the frunk.

Problem is, I cannot find the.power connector. Frunk is removed in picture. Anyone have any idea where this connector could hide. According to the service manual it should be a 2 conductor, 16 gauge, violet/yellow, black. It appears to be part of the main cable harness, but I am unable to locate this connector. Any idea where to poke further?

IMG_20171029_120935788.jpg
    Its right above the bolt on the right side of the picture--- Inside the rubber boot that is doubled back and has a zip tie holding it out of the way ready for you to clip it loose and attach! after you slip the connectors onto the outlet prongs, stretch the boot over the back of the outlet for a watertight seal
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 10-29-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add boot
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you AeroPilot!!

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    Its right above the bolt on the right side of the picture--- Inside the rubber boot that is doubled back and has a zip tie holding it out of the way ready for you to clip it loose and attach! after you slip the connectors onto the outlet prongs, stretch the boot over the back of the outlet for a watertight seal
    I was looking for a dangling pigtail. Maybe time to call the eye doctor, thx again

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it...

it is keyed power but if not mistaken you can change the fuse position to make it constant power. Maybe some one will confirm if not mistaken the 6 and 7 position. Mine I never changed ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black