Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Liner (and why I've been quiet)

I'm trying to put in the frunk liner. It has velcro tabs but clearly I have to take somthing apart to get to some of them. I can probably figure it out, but I was surprised no one seems to have instructions. Any advice?

As to why I'm doing this and why this is my first post in awhile... if you care....

Just over a year ago, I decided to move and did not invite my wife to move with me. I almost left her a set of keys to the bike in case it needed to be moved and then thought better of it. That was a good move because she got rid of nearly everything I was going to come back for. She also tried to break into the Spyder and managed to damage the seals. I usually kept it in the garage but she had thrown it out of the garage so I had a cover on it. Well after the seals were pried, water got into the frunk and it sat there unloved for about 6-7 months.

So I finally have the mildew out of the frunk and a clear title in my name. I need to get tags and buy all new gear. Yay..... ;-)

Not that anyone cared, but just thought I'd share ;-)
    2013 RT , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough stretch: here's to hoping that things start getting better: quickly!
    When I put the frunkliner in my 2010: I seem to recall that once you slide it down into place, it's all pretty apparent as to what goes where...
    Good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Without going out to look at mine I think you need to pull the gasket off, put the liner in place, and put the gasket back on over the liner. The velcro tabs are on the outside, IIRC.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I will look again, but I replaced the seal with one from Pops and I don't think that's what is keeping the Velcro from showing up. It looks like the cowlings over the headlights might need to come off.
    2013 RT , Red

Spyder Garage

For what model of Spyder, on an RT you only have to remove the Frunk top seal.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd5gnr View Post
    I will look again, but I replaced the seal with one from Pops and I don't think that's what is keeping the Velcro from showing up. It looks like the cowlings over the headlights might need to come off.
    The velcro strips are under the seal. You won't see them without pulling off the seal. No plastic needs to come off.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's just the top gasket that needs to be removed: nothing else...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

Q: Why is divorce so expensive?

A: Because it's worth it!

Spyder Garage

Default Another divorce joke

Not that divorce is a joke but::::::

I miss my ex----

but my aim is getting better.

I only offer this joke because I've been there like you and many others.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well some say I got divorced only so I could finally use the joke: I didn't think my wife was much of a housekeeper until we got divorced and she kept my house.

I can't find any trace of the side velcro anywhere, even probing down in the crack. What I did is pull the gasket, put the top and bottom straps on and then just pulled it tight while sealing the gasket. It is Pop's gasket so it fits pretty tight anyway. That seems to be OK. Those side flaps are just -- well -- flappin'.

Now I have to redo my phone mount and replace my cup holders as she stripped everything off the exterior of the bike she could figure out how to take. Oh... pardon me... it must have been those darn neighboorhood kids that did it.

Left is a picture of the top velcro piece. Next to it is a picture of the side. No Velcro.

velcro.jpg novelcro.jpg

Speaking of Velcro (tm), I found this funny (especially considering it is from the Velcro company)
    Last edited by wd5gnr; 10-29-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Add images
    2013 RT , Red