Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default 1330 Performance Upgrades

So... where are all the performance upgrade threads? Who are the vendors that supply parts? Where are the dyno tuners and Rotex gurus that know where BRP hid the power? Where are the cams, high compression pistons, BBK's, turbo kits, supercharger kits, etc? You know, the stuff that makes fun bikes MORE fun!
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TECH POWER STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    So... where are all the performance upgrade threads? Who are the vendors that supply parts? Where are the dyno tuners and Rotex gurus that know where BRP hid the power? Where are the cams, high compression pistons, BBK's, turbo kits, supercharger kits, etc? You know, the stuff that makes fun bikes MORE fun!
    ........ Google it ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think there is much in the way of "power" upgrades for the 1330. Only thing I have seen is exhaust and ECM flash.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Just find it odd that everyone that makes anything for the Spyder has threads on here about it except for the performance parts that every other forum always has.

Spyder Garage

Talk to Jase at ECU Xtreme (rotaxracing@gmail.com) if you want to unleash the performance BRP has hidden away on both the 1330 triples & the 998 V-twins! There's a whole lot more that can be safely tapped in there, & he's the man when it comes to accessing it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default To be honest...

Not that much out there. Most is custom and these machines require lots to keep running if you mess with them too much. Not a profitable venture. 10 years is not much in that world but if a generation crops up with intrest it will become available. As Mike said search the net....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hard to believe that the same company has turbo charged UTV's pumping out 172 HP from a 1000cc STOCK motor, and no one, even the aftermarket, has found safe ways of bumping up the HP / torque of the 1330 Spyder motor yet?!?! Other than ECU tuning anyway.

Spyder Garage

Good question. I am not including myself in the group that is looking for more at this time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Would this power make everyone happy??/

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...5-mph/2516457/

Bill Warner (Fish Farmer) was one of the nicest quiet type guy--no ego problem--that I've ever met.. Running on the Loring Air Force decommissioned B2 bomber airstrip in N. Maine. 1/2" pavement difference in the 4 mile runway was perfect for land speed racing. Bill hit 311 mph in the 1.5 mi run but was trying hard for 300 mph in the one mile. 292 mph was his best on a prior run. Personally I loose the ability to process data above 175-190 mph--tach-shift points-track bad spots--cross wind bursts. It enables me to understand that most Formula 1 racers have Mensa IQ ratings. Land Speed Racing is a very high risk sport. Lucky for us the Spyders can't reach 50% of that speed.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    And, use the correct spelling of the engine ...Rotax
    Thank you so very much for your extremely useful post! It has helped me so much with my question!!!

I have googled it. There is nothing out there. That is why I posted my question here. I thought if any would know, it would be the members here...

If u want two folow me arround corecting mi speling, punktuation, n gramar, u r goin too b verry bussy!
    Last edited by Poseidon; 11-08-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If u want two folow me arround corecting mi speling, punktuation, n gramar, u r goin too b verry bussy!
    U R Krazy
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    U R Krazy

Spyder Garage

Price & Performance: Put the two together and that's exactly why you don't see the younger generation riding them. @ 20K+, people expect more performance. Wouldn't take much more either... 10, maybe 15 percent and a lot more of us "young people" lol would be satisfied and more willing to extend ourselves financially IMO. ~ They unlocked the nanny in my 2017 D500-F3 (se), but being an automatic it doesn't have "quite enough" power/low end torque to make much of a difference. With good tires, it sticks to the road so well you can't predictably get the rear tire to slip, not even when starting on a corner let alone a straight line. (Almost makes it more dangerous for an experienced rider who is expecting to counter-steer but instead the inside tire just comes up.) Just that little extra power would resolve this.

I've left mine stock, but contemplate sending out the ECM for tuning. I still don't understand why it's not possible to just get different gearing with a custom rear drive sprocket. Seems to me the anti-traction relies on rim rotation speed. And just this mod could/would make enough of a performance difference that I'd be satisfied. (I personally could care less if the machine topped out at 120 or 100. I'm not looking for top speed, just "fun factor" down low. ~ And I rarely use 6'th gear anyways.)
    Last edited by TRLBLZR1; 11-07-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁

Spyder Garage

Default Cat Delete

Wanting to delete cat on my F3L and am looking at ebay site. a seller on ebay"" baldwinironworks selling ugly cat delete pipes for 100 bucks, stainless ..has anyone bought from these folks??

Spyder Garage

I've had the MFI flash done to mine as well and I promise you, it's money WELL spent. The increased power is great but for me the biggest improvement is driveability with the improvements made in the lower end of the power band since I do a lot of city driving. Bang for the buck is very high with this mod!

Spyder Garage

I own a RT and find the power output while not mind blowing and like some of the previous comments, I would have thought it should produce a few more ponies for the size of engine and revs, but generally speaking, I am happy with it. However I find the fuel economy not to be as good as I would have expected and if there was a tuning mod around, I would be interested. Compared to a modern 1300cc car around these days, cruising at 60mph, these cars are achieving high 40's. They are pushing heavier weights than the RT, carry more passengers, and have close to the same top speed, admittedly probably don't have the same acceleration, I am achieving high 30's mpg (US gallons) which I tolerate, but find a little disappointing. That's my comment on this, I certainly won't be rushing out to change the machine, I have many more miles to do and do hope that these engines are good for it long term. My only other comment is that CAN AM do need to think how one can gain access to the engine (particularly on the RT's), not the best to work on, most of your time is taken up stripping the bike down to get to the engine. Hate to think what is involved in replacing the air filter.
    2016 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

On the newer RT''s the air filter is not too bad. Check the owners manual
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Here is the F-3 stage II RE-MAP results...it is FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!!...the low to mid range torque...is where the stage II shines...power off of the line..the stage I is good too..BUT...the stage II enhances it..the top end speed is about the same as stage I...the low to mid range torque again is where the stage II shines..

Spyder Garage

I first had a cat delete pipe, then removed it after about two months. Only more noise.
    I then had the ECU flashed to stage 2. It is a new bike!!! I now feel like I do not need anymore power. This change is just right for me. I am now very happy with my F3L. I can accelerate through Twisties with my 2 wheel mates.
    2016 F3Ltd , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe a little slow here, but after having the ECU is flashed, does that that 'shut down' for lack of a better description, the safety factor in the Spyder? Say, for example, going into a sweeper too hot, does the safety factor engage the machine?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Maybe a little slow here, but after having the ECU is flashed, does that that 'shut down' for lack of a better description, the safety factor in the Spyder? Say, for example, going into a sweeper too hot, does the safety factor engage the machine?
    Nope! There are no changes made to any of the "nanny"/safety systems... Tho I really wish it was possible! Mine cornered effortlessly and without intrusion except in the most extreme situations when new. Then there was an "update" applied at my first service (unbeknownst to me) and it all went to &*#$. Now it intervenes at medium input levels and really pisses me off that they can't "undo" it....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Nope! There are no changes made to any of the "nanny"/safety systems... Tho I really wish it was possible! Mine cornered effortlessly and without intrusion except in the most extreme situations when new. Then there was an "update" applied at my first service (unbeknownst to me) and it all went to &*#$. Now it intervenes at medium input levels and really pisses me off that they can't "undo" it....
    " They can't undo it " ……. I think " They WON'T undo it "…… Think about it - If the Computer " parameters " can't be changed or adjusted then really what Monster Fuel did for your Spyder …." DIDN'T HAPPEN " …......… And if it can't be changed then they haven't changed yours to be crappy ….. doesn't make any sense to me …… good luck …. This reminds of what soooooooooooo many dealers have said " we can't find ANY codes in the computer system "..... total - BS - …...…...…. everything that occurs in or to your Spyder - registers in the computer … how do you think they can tell you what rev range you've been using ????? Mike

Spyder Garage

OK, at 77 I guess I am one of these old people we are talking about. But even at a young age riding in the mud made no sense to me and it still doesn't but if that rings your bell-go for it. I have ridden bikes since i was 14 years old. My go to bike has always been BMWs they were great machines and fast. But as I grew older (actually grew up) I then became a fan of Harley Davidson but after a serious accident that scared the crap out of me I converted to the Can Am which I love. My honest opinion that if your need for speed is that great that maybe a Can Am should not be your bike of choice.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red