Spyder Garage

Default Mystery Electrical Connector

ST Folks,

2013 STS, during an oil change I noticed an electrical connector hanging down near the oil drain plug, near the floorboard. I can only see the end of the connector, it appears to be plugged, I don't believe it was ever connected on the STS. I cannot see the colors of the wires, but I believe it is 2 conductors.

I have looked at the schematic and have not been able identify what this connector is for.

Anyone have information about this, thanx in advance.

Spyderfish

Spyder Garage

Default the computer

I think, this might be where the service teck plugs into to get info from the cycle ...

Spyder Garage

If it's possible to take / post a photo it may help someone diagnose what the plug is...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Just check to see if it's got a protective plug/end-cap in there; if it has, then that particular plug is not one you need to lose any sleep over: it's either there for something on another model; it's for a non-fitted option; or as youngers suggested, it's where the tech can plug in a diagnostic device (altho I thought they were up frontnon top of the frunk under the RHS panel below the headlights! )

Regardless, it's either plugged or it's open, generally easy enough to see the difference; & if it's open there'll be a mating plug nearby.... if it's not open, see the comments above!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    I think, this might be where the service teck plugs into to get info from the cycle ...
    Nope. The BUDS connection is on the right side, beneath the panel that covers the coolant tank.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brake switch?

Spyder Garage

Since the main harness on a ST is the same as a RT. There are a lot of orphan electrical connectors. If you wish to see a whole bunch of them. Take off the tail pan panel, just above the rear tire. There are a whole bunch in there. Looks like all the wiring for air suspension is there. Yet that is not an option for a ST.

If the connector you found is capped don't worry about it. If you want to use it for something. Take some pictures and post them. Someone can identify it for you.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Connection

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfish View Post
    ST Folks,

2013 STS, during an oil change I noticed an electrical connector hanging down near the oil drain plug, near the floorboard. I can only see the end of the connector, it appears to be plugged, I don't believe it was ever connected on the STS. I cannot see the colors of the wires, but I believe it is 2 conductors.

I have looked at the schematic and have not been able identify what this connector is for.

Anyone have information about this, thanx in advance.

Spyderfish

For auxiliary feet warmers...